It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God was behind Big Bang, pope says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ccd246062e7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by journey2010
reply to post by Condemned0625

You say, "How can a deity exist infinitely into the past..." I cannot prove this through science, hence faith. But I will challenge you with this... "How can everything we are/will be/have been" be created from nothing?" Again, no answer. And if there was "something", then where did it come from? Either way you look at it, there has always had to be something in order to create everything we know. Neither of us can prove what that "something" is - whether it is science or religion, a certain amount of faith must exist in the fact that there has always been "something".
That's simple. Abiogenesis. It has been demonstrated in laboratories. Scientists can create organic matter from non-organic matter. They're not creating something from nothing, but it still proves that we can assemble non-living material in such a way that it becomes the building blocks of a living thing. Maybe there always was something, but it still needs a beginning. Science does not claim to know the definite answer to that question, but it does explain how this universe began. Nobody knows if matter can always have existed, but the same applies to a god. Just because science does not yet know the answer does not mean religion has the right to assert it has the answer. These gods and goddesses require explanations, beginnings and most importantly, evidence. I have no faith. I either know the answer or I don't know the answer, which means I'm honest. Faith is the belief in something without evidence to support it. However, I do have hope for certain things, but hope is not asserting something without evidence; it is simply wishing for something to happen or come true.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by journey2010
"How can everything we are/will be/have been" be created from nothing?" Again, no answer. And if there was "something", then where did it come from?

Perhaps nothing didn't exist as perfect nothing and there was more nothing in certain parts of nothingness and explosion followed and then there was lots of something. We can't really answer this question before we can study the nature of nothing. It certainly exists as our Universe seems to be expanding into it.
edit on 6-1-2011 by rhinoceros because: more info

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am usually not a fan of the church, but I completely agree with the pope on that the universe is a creation of the mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
I am usually not a fan of the church, but I completely agree with the pope on that the universe is a creation of the mind.

the universe is a creation of the mind ??

sorry didnt get that

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have never believed in the big bang.
Look at 00 buckshot traveling at high velocity.
Now rotate them in an orbit, yea right bang!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

So, it's ok for you to believe in something that you cannot explain, yet to believe in religion is wrong? I'm confused by the logic here...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19rn50
I have never believed in the big bang.
Look at 00 buckshot traveling at high velocity.
Now rotate them in an orbit, yea right bang!

i have to agree with you ... a mighty explosion in space created all the galaxies in one shot deal ..

now the question is what or who made the big explosion so destructive that it created life ...
what was before this explosion ? another universe .. the old one .. that was erased from time
so another one can be reborn

the possibilities are endless to know the real truth about the universe origins

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ok aliens done it – it’s possible, I will even go as far as to say I enjoy considering that possibility, but what does that have to do with the poop and his Bronze Age myth?

I just see the poop desperately trying pedal his non-sense by having it look as if science endorses it

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
reply to post by Ben81

Ok aliens done it – it’s possible, I will even go as far as to say I enjoy considering that possibility, but what does that have to do with the poop and his Bronze Age myth?

I just see the poop desperately trying pedal his non-sense by having it look as if science endorses it

Aliens done it ?... lol

didnt you read the difference i made between Aliens and the Creator ..
both very different

concerning the alien term .. we should say the real term

PEOPLE FROM THE SKY

lets call the POPE ... POPE ... i liked Jean Paul better but .. NOT a reason to call him a brown thing

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I read the lost book of Enoch. He talked about the levels of
heaven. Now this sounds crazy, he said some stars were chained up
because they were disobedient.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 19rn50

DIS OBEDIENT YES BUT NOT EVOL.... YOUNG

BAD ANGEL GO TO BONDAGE FOR SLEEPY SLEEPY MATURE EXPERIENCE EVERYONES EXPERIENCES TO BETTER UNDERSTAND AND BECOME HUMBLE -ABYSS
EVOL ANGEL SLEEPY SLEEPY NO WORK THEN CASTED IN FIRE!
edit on 1/6/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
So is this science and religion "getting along" as one member has suggested above....or is it the Pope finally admitting that the Big Bang was actualy responsible for the birth of the universe....but trying to save face by saying God still had some part to play in it?

I bet the Pope secretly has a copy of Scienific American nestling somewhere between the pages of his bible.

CX.

Catholic church has always accepted big bang theory (it was even proposed by catholic priest). The same applies to evolution. Those crazy young Earth creationists are a minority among christians, mostly concentrated in the US.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by CREAM

the universe is a creation of the mind ??

sorry didnt get that

Sorry, didnt word my first post very well. Basically the article was talking about how creation came about from the mind of god, and I was just agreeing with that although I personally wouldnt use the word god.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19rn50
reply to post by Ben81

I read the lost book of Enoch. He talked about the levels of
heaven. Now this sounds crazy, he said some stars were chained up
because they were disobedient.

chained up in what way ?

is 2012 the date were the judgment is made... will we end up chained like all the disobedient one .. ?

i still have faith in humans ... we do have great potential .. but we use it the wrong way
we live in a unsustainable system ... earth cant endure us anymore like we are .. we have to start changing
in the mind .. enter a spiritual round of conscienscousness to rethink our ways and make a new basis of better values so we can all live in love ..everyone egual ..all living creature living in peace
and that start with the removal of greed..

cure the soul to cure the mind

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Ben81

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ccd246062e7.jpg[/atsimg]

the Creator represent this .. in the general view

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40f0f1d52d2b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
First off, he can think that all he wants. He's entitled to that belief. It's his right to think whatever he wants. And I acknowledge that right.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that his belief is just as unfounded as saying that the universe sprung from the farts of an omnipotent spoon.

reply to post by Ben81

Originally posted by Ben81
Well well .. i have to agree with him on that ..

And I'm going to have to disagree.

look at each galaxies in the universe... they seem following the fibonachi number
its in everything .. someone left a fingerprint in his creation... he his not a god ...
He is the Creator and father of all .. designer of the Universe

Um...so because the Fibonacci sequence is found in nature...that means god did it? I'm sorry, but I don't see the conclusion. I see this: Fibonacci sequence -> ? -> GOD!

just look at Earth .. a little to close and to far from the sun .. and no life would had been possible
another chance ??

Because...Earth isn't a special case. There are trillions upon trillions of stars, one of them is bound have a planet in the right spot. Actually, there are between 100-300 sextillion stars. That's 300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars.

And 'a little' in this instance? There's about a 10.7 million kilometer (6.5 million mile) target range known as the 'habitable zone'.

Maybe the Creator is a powerfull billion year old alien

Then how did it have a hand in the creation of the universe?

or an ascended energy being that we are very far from understand or even comprehend how is that all possible ...

...I'm just going to throw this out here, mainly because it needs to be said: The idea of a cohesive consciousness forming from an energy being shows very little understanding of what energy is. What sort of energy? How is it prevented from instantly entering into entropy?

we have so many questions .. do we always need a scientific answer to beleive in something ...

Yes, yes we do. Well, at least if you want to get anywhere near the truth. Remember, science is what gave you the internet.

Well i dont ..

and i think the pope is right .. maybe Pope benedict is not a Evil pope after all

Eh....I'd still say he's a pretty nasty guy. For more than a few reasons.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
the papacy used to teach/believe the earth was the center of the universe
you'll pardon me but i think this is all self serving
the Big Bang also Known as the Fiat Lux theory lends itself to this
because of initial darkness and "let there be light" model currently held

meanwhile evidence of a Fiat Nox scenario "materialization from out of the void] seems to be popping up
along with complications for big bang theory.

examples:
A Galaxies Cluster Older Than Possible! Scientists say

my post on said thread so I won't have to type it all out again
so please read as it is relevant

Somebody here has a thread titled:
Evidence of other Universes found
or such

the universe is a lot more complicated methinks

so i prefer to follow those whom are actually investigating

not an organization/institution with a long history of getting it wrong.
and then changing dogma when it's convenient.

not picking a fight here but looks like the papacy is casting a net to see what it catches

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have no problem with anyone saying that a creator of some sort created the multiverse... But the pope is trying to say that THEIR GOD did it. Every religion says their god did it.

Am I wrong here??

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

i beleive he was saying THE Creator
not some aliens who descended from the sky

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join