It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qi'gong Master John Chang: "Great change is coming, old wisdom leaving."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Thekid90

From your OP, well done... this is why I have become a member here, the pearls...

Watching now.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

You have a point, but I think you are a little off. I think the crux is that men and women see the world in VASTLY different ways. Anybody who has periodically bridged that gap knows this. Ya know, alpha and omega overlap and all that. Basically, people who know how to wield influence have deliberately clashed these forces, knowing that it causes a dramatic shift in civilization. Basically, when these two forces collide, there is at least a period of dynamic change before settling into what is to come. Who knows exactly what we will settle into. But I would not worry too much, as believing in crap always eventually self-corrects, as reality bitch slaps you. However, there could be cause for concern in that technology is now so advanced that many bright and insightful people are now pretty much rendered obsolete. And since many cannot use their skills, they do not have the status that must be afforded in western society in order for anyone to listen to their wisdom. You see, the type of people who knew how to create tech (from scratch, using their knowledge of mathematics and philosophy and natural science and physics and just plain ole creative insight) also, of course, tend to be excellent abstract thinkers, understanding how stuff and ideas intertwine. Wisdom in fact. They are now oftentimes marginalized and ignored, regardless of the profound nuggets within. We built your paradise ladies. Your welcome. Don't abuse it. But in all serious, we as a society will find our way. Just don't let where you THINK society is going frame you. When you can walk in confidence and honesty AND are quite different, you will make waves.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment
reply to post by nenothtu

You have a point, but I think you are a little off.

You're in good company. EVERYONE thinks I'm "a little off"!

But I would not worry too much, as believing in crap always eventually self-corrects, as reality bitch slaps you.

I'm not worried about it. What is, IS. People bring this on to themselves, it's what they really want, so it's what they'll really get.

However, there could be cause for concern in that technology is now so advanced that many bright and insightful people are now pretty much rendered obsolete. And since many cannot use their skills, they do not have the status that must be afforded in western society in order for anyone to listen to their wisdom.

See, right there is the first mistake. Seeking after "status", or requiring that someone has it before they'll listen, is what is bringing this on. The charlatans seek "status", because, among other things, it helps line their pockets. For people to require status of others before they'll listen to what they have to say guarantees that they will find someone whose goal is status oriented to listen to. A vicious circle, is it not?

You see, the type of people who knew how to create tech (from scratch, using their knowledge of mathematics and philosophy and natural science and physics and just plain ole creative insight) also, of course, tend to be excellent abstract thinkers, understanding how stuff and ideas intertwine. Wisdom in fact. They are now oftentimes marginalized and ignored, regardless of the profound nuggets within. We built your paradise ladies. Your welcome. Don't abuse it.

Technology is over-rated. It's nice to have, and a novel thing, but it tends towards breakage and system failure. I personally kind of like tech, but I try not to RELY on it overly much, because technology breaks at the darndest times.

Be that as it may, that's the age that I believe is coming - an age of technology and "rationalism", with no more magic and mystery. I hope humanity enjoys it, and doesn't come to rely on it to the point where it leaves them with just rocks and pointy sticks to work with when it breaks.

But in all serious, we as a society will find our way. Just don't let where you THINK society is going frame you. When you can walk in confidence and honesty AND are quite different, you will make waves.

Oh, I've no doubt that society will find it's way. It always has, and it always will. I'm quite a bit less sure that it's going to find a way that I care to walk. That's not really a problem in the grand scheme of things, though, because there are obviously a lot of folks who DO want to walk that path, and they'll get exactly the future they conjure up when they ask for it. They won't miss me or even notice that I'm gone on the journey. Humanity should be ecstatic, but then there's that old curse to think about - "may you get everything you think you want."

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Aw. I don't want to wreck the magic. But as some others have pointed out,
there isa device that magicians and "gurus' have used to turn their bodies into
free-range organic Tesla coils and shock people.

As for the newspaper lighting, Chang does appear to be palming something and/or could be using any number of well-known ignition methods.

The knife balancing things is a common trick, often done with pencils or cigarettes. Different
tricks are used, such as blowing the precariously balanced object. (And Chang did get very close
and spoke like The Knife Whisperer....)

And finally: I was at first impressed with the pencil-through-the-table. It's just plain cool.
But wait a sec: he took the crew to his favorite localrestaurant--which could easily have
had a table with a pre-drilled hole etc.

Every "skill" shown is almost a blow-by-blow performance of clichéd paranormal powers routines
from Indian fakirs to the Jim Rose Circus Show.
Not to mention the obvious stage magician posturing, e.g., keeping action from view by showing only the back of the hand; failing at the pencil-through-table attempt and so suddenly doing everything under the table out of sight...

Darn. I really really wanted John Chang's powers to be real.
I'd love powers like that. It would give me a lot more street cred when I assume superhero stance.
But sadly, I'm thinking: nope.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

You only need one biased authority to stop someone in their academical tracks.

Who in western faculties can consider them self as knowledgeable peers in qigong?

What western authority will grant unbiased studies into this?

Are you looking for peers to your self or peers that knows qigong?

You see, science is what you say it is -- Don't like qigong and the a likes? Just ban it and say it is bunk. Voilà, it is no longer a science for you.

For proof, you have the same video as everyone else and given that you are not a peer in the studies of qigong, I think it is fair to say that you should provide a rebuttal other than conjecture.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Thanks Kid, love to see this being discussed. I've been wanting to start a thread on Chi since I found ATS. But I feel I would do it injustice, as I am self taught. Member YouSir summed up my thoughts on chi well (see page 5). I first experienced the energy while doing a yogic meditation that had me lying on my back and focusing the breath as if I was inhaling from every pore in my body. After that, I went from a believer to a Knower and read up on qi gong and tai chi. Believing or trusting is key for the begginer, have faith in the process.

Chi energy has changed my life drasticly. But I've never given it the focus it deserves to reach my true potential. I think the main block for me is embarrasment. Silly I know, but family and friends don't understand, or approve in the case of christian family members. Also doing tai chi outside my apartment complex can get awkward/ distracting when kids point and laugh, and old people want to call the cops on a crazy man. However (rhyme intended) In 20 eleven I will unite with heaven!

I do hope to teach someday, in a simplified nondoctrinal method. Just talking to people about it gets my chi flowing strongly. Your emotions or feelings can intensify or stagnate the chi. The old teachers say that all sickness and disease come from stagnant chi. Bruce Lee said "be like water" and that refers to chi flowing constant, as well as the body and minds ability to mimic waters' physical traits.

May the "force" be with you.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Chi and Goosebumps......

I can make goosebumps appear at will if I haven't been focused on chi cultivation, and I then focus on it.....bamm! Goosebumps!

I have been calling them Chi-bumps. Most of you expeience them from your emotions or feelings moving your chi. When your scared or creeped out you get them. This is and odd uncomfortable feeling because it's old, stagnant, negative chi leaving the body. When your with someone you love, or moved by music or poetry you get them. This is a wonderful feeling because it's pure chi flowing through the body.

It's a resonance with your surroundings. Most people let their enviorment define their chi. But when mastered, your chi can define your enviorment.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Chi and Chakra Gates are are real within the body. I practice Chi, it's the real deal. Although, this guy can produce fire. Thats one hell of a level he's attained.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Analyzing
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

To direct my response toward your question, 'Old wisdom leaving' refers to the faith we should have in ourselves.

Within us lies amazing abilities and quite unthinkable talents. That old wisdom is within us all but soon it will be forgotten.

As powerful as 'John Chang' is, he seems to be helpless as to what is to come. His faith in our health and prosperity lies in Meditation and Chi cultivation. He has made it very obvious in all of his books that's the only thing that he believes that can be done for humanity is to have everyone understand the importance of quieting ones mind.

I'm tempted to get involved with his message but it can be very frustrating at times being unable to contact him or anyone involved in the mo pai lineage.

Good day,

A.
Thank you so very much for responding to my question! I think I understand? So no matter what we do, It's just going to happen and we need to be spiritually ready for it. Is that the jist?

Thank you!
edit on 9-1-2011 by HUMBLEONE because: kauz I kant spell!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thekid90

"I don't know about 2012, and I'm certain life and society in every generation has a doomsday date, but its overwhelming the hints of some type of "change." This was the most subtle reference to such a thing, what do you think? " -thekid90

I think it's going to be sooner, this year perhaps. A lot of people are going to really be suprised!

edit on 9-1-2011 by HUMBLEONE because: additons

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

"As far as chi kung goes, they are really just foundational exercies to help a martial practitioner learn to feel,manipulate,and direct chi whihin ONES OWN BODY. And stay healthy. John Chang is considered a fraud in the chinese martial arts community because he is not being genuine in his teaching. He heals using acupuncture, not chi balls, or anything of the sort"-your quote.

I think we really must remember that the energy inside us comes from the Cosmos, the Creator.and not just the energy inside us. I think it will make a difference when we visualize and tap into that source of energy. I picture it streaming into my crown chakra. I view it as visualization of finite as oppose to infinate.

PEACE

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

"The old ways and the wisdom contained there within speaks to a time when the mind was quite, tranquil, and disciplined, awareness was honed to the minutiea and included an understanding of the connectedness that exists between all living things. And a deep respect for local and global ecology, and how humanity blends and uses the knowledge they learn for medicines and growth. "- sparrowstail

Why would that wisdom be leaving? To another place? What will be left here? Maybe those that can go with the old wisdom, will go and the rest will remain in this 3D hellhole? Not me brother! I want out of here! I don't dig all the violence, corruption and inequity.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You make some good points! After watching this video the first time I found myself thinking about it quite a bit the next few days. I have been showing it to everyone. The one thing that really irks me is when I googled the movie to see if I could find any other views on this I stumbled across the below site.

www.sciencechatforum.com...
Now, maybe its a curse, or a blessing but I always try and keep an open mind when I listen to opposing views on something. But these comments have annoyed me because of their inconclusive comments. I always try to keep the quote "be skeptical but don't close your mind" (Milton Torres) in my in my mind when watching videos like this. Some of these individuals just blatantly state oh this is a camera trick, or thats just fake and not to believe everything you see. But whats preventing us from taking that notion with information from other aspects in our life, say, our political leaders? I know we should not be sucked into things like this but what if they are actually legit??? Are those who call themselves "scientific"just hindering our potentials? I feel science has become what religion was thousands of years ago...maybe this "change" will even the odds...

This guy was on the show Stan Lee's Superhumans and he instilled the same feelings of interest as the Dynamo Jack video.

www.youtube.com...

Again, Nice post!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I do believe in this man and his extraordinary powers, I myself do also meditate but I think I'm not doing it the right way to achieve perfect awakening, and also tried to perform casting wind element from my stomach through my palm but I failed.

2012 is not the End of the World but the Change of Us.

We only will shift from this Age to a New Age called 'Golden Age' where we can perform 'miracles'.

We only will be spiritually awakened.

As we go near to 2012 there will be a series of massive destruction everywhere in the world, as why some call it the 'End of the World'.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Nice to see the interest in the John Chang video. Here's some more background to John Chang www.mind-energy.net...

There are several books now based on John Chang's teachings -- a couple books by former students of John Chang.

When I first saw the John Chang video I knew he was real because I've met a real qigong master who has done the same type of training as John Chang.

So people on this thread have said they would like to see John Chang tested in controlled conditions -- I can say that this has now been done with a qigong master.

Chunyi Lin, the qigong master of springforestqigong.com... had his "external qi" healing ability tested by the Mayo Clinic and University of Minnesota doctors in a "randomized controlled" medical study published in a peer-reviewed journal. The study lead medical doctor said the healing was impressive considering the subjects had chronic pain for five years untreatable by Western medicine.

So the medical test results are on the website -- www.springforestqigong.com...

So I can speak from experience - one of the teachers of Chunyi Lin is Master Yao at Shaolin - Chunyi Lin said that Master Yao demonstrated his chi ability by lighting balls of paper on fire -- using only his eyes. So lighting balls of paper on fire is definitely demonstrated by qigong masters -- real ones.

I know that this is possible because when Chunyi Lin uses his eyes to look at the energy blockages inside my body -- it feels like a laser!!

Qigong master Yan Xin has to wear glasses -- not because he had bad eyesight - but because his laser eyes are too powerful and so the eyeglasses help diminish any laser effects indirectly.

I did intensive qigong training to finish my masters degree at the U of MN in 2000 -- and afterwards I could permanently flex the center of my brain - the pineal gland. So I stopped practicing for a couple months to see if it would go away and it didn't. So that was over 10 years ago and then I read one scholarly book a day to convert my training experiences back into Western science.

I think that body bone pressure creates ultrasound which then causes acoustic cavitation as sonofusion inside the body. Alchemy. So there is an excellent book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" that is free download online - it is the real secrets of how to train for these qigong powers. But there has to be total celibacy which also means emptying the mind of all impure thoughts. So this training is based on the principle that opposites attract so the more you build up power the harder it is to maintain the power. haha.

For a couple weeks I had telekinesis, telepathy, precognition and I even saw dead spirits. So the spirit communication in the John Chang video is real - Chunyi Lin says how he regularly heals dead spirits and I saw those dead spirits going to see Chunyi Lin when Chunyi Lin was in full lotus doing his chi-emitting meditation lecture. I will say that I even did healing like John Chang -- I healed my mom of a serious leg condition even though I didn't touch her. I had strong electromagnetic fields shooting out of my hands. I also accidentally pulled this old lady's spirit out of her skull without touching her. She immediately started bawling -- she had asked me for a healing and she sat in a chair and I stood to her side. So I didn't realize how strong my chi energy was and I forgot that you're not supposed to pull energy blockages out of the top of the center of someone's skull. So I felt this heavy electromagnetic blob get pulled out of skull when I pulled out the energy blockage -- again no touching and when I felt that blog of electromagnetic energy get pulled out -- the lady immediately started bawling. She kept bawling for at least 15 minutes nonstop and other people comforted her.

Wow -- so yeah when the energy is strong it is really important to be very careful how it is used.

So if a person wants to experience this laser shen energy -- the shen is the more powerful chi energy -- spirit laser holographic like -- shen energy. A person can get a phone healing or take a class through the community college with Chunyi Lin and there is also qigong master Effie P. Chow in S.F. and also Master Wang, Liping comes to the U.S. sometimes to teach. Also Master Zhang comes to the U.S. sometimes to teach -- he does the seven week cave meditation in full lotus with no water, no sleep and no food. qigongmaster.com...

edit on 25-1-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: added my own healing experiences

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Qigong Master Chunyi Lin reports seeing balls of paper light on fire by Shaolin Master Yao:
www.marcomalaca.com...

Then, he said he wanted to make another demonstration. He grasped a piece of paper from the table, newspaper. He put it in his hand and just stared at it. Within one or two minutes, smoke came out and then, Voom! Fire. I just said, "Wow." After my first master's meditations, my back pain completely went away but I still had two bone spurs on my spine. So, I asked Master Yau if he could do some thing for my back. He said, "Oh, yes." He used two fingers to touch my back. Within one or two minutes, his fingers felt like two burning hot iron stakes. Very, very hot. Oh, you just don't know the sensation. It was like fire burning there. Later, when I got home I found two fingerprints on my back where he touched me. To tell the truth, I also wanted to test Master Yau to see whether the burning paper was real or not. Many people called themselves Qigong masters but they were fakes. They would make demonstrations like that but put some sort of chemical on the paper and hold it in the sun and it would burst into flames. Like a magician's trick. So, I still did not trust him completely. But, after he touched me with his two fingers, and the bone spurs completely disappeared, I totally believed in him and told him I wanted to have him teach me.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
A woman I know was able to start fires with her energy when she a kid and people in her village thought that she was a devil.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:06 AM As it concerns the story "paper on fire",I have to remind you that Danaos,in his first book "Magus Of Java",had pointed out that he was aware of the possibility of fraud,such as phosphor hidden in paper.It was very amusing for me to see in differend forums that a lot of people suddenly after so many years discover this possibility. I will share with you an old story that happened more than ten years ago. We were seating in John's leaving room,Sifu was wearing his ceremony Kung Fu uniform,t shirt ,shorts and flip flops,watching football on t.v. For many hours we were talking with other students and after some hour the conversation turned to the fire ability stuff . Then Sifu ,turned to us,it was late at night,and asked us if we want to see it again? He picked up a tissue from a box in front of us,put it in an ashtray on the table and tensed hia palm over it. After a while steam started to rise from the ashtray and a small flame for a short period. He stopped the tension over the paper and the fire stopped after a while. The hlf ignited tissue smoked for a while. He was looking disappointed,he said smthng like "no power, no power," and went back to his football Match. The rest of us we were ready to kneel and thank him for the out of blue demonstration but he was back on his t.v Of course the scepticals will say that he had a piece of phosphor in his shorts,or the tissue that was on the table available to everyone was trapped with smthng,or I was on drugs. No matter what....this man has the power. Tnx.

More confirmation from a direct student of John Chang that his powers are real!!

Reposting the vid since the OP link is dead
edit on 16-8-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Then, he said he wanted to make another demonstration. He grasped a piece of paper from the table, newspaper. He put it in his hand and just stared at it. Within one or two minutes, smoke came out and then, Voom! Fire. I just said, "Wow." After my first master's meditations, my back pain completely went away but I still had two bone spurs on my spine. So, I asked Master Yau if he could do some thing for my back. He said, "Oh, yes." He used two fingers to touch my back. Within one or two minutes, his fingers felt like two burning hot iron stakes. Very, very hot. Oh, you just don't know the sensation. It was like fire burning there. Later, when I got home I found two fingerprints on my back where he touched me. To tell the truth, I also wanted to test Master Yau to see whether the burning paper was real or not. Many people called themselves Qigong masters but they were fakes. They would make demonstrations like that but put some sort of chemical on the paper and hold it in the sun and it would burst into flames. Like a magician's trick. So, I still did not trust him completely. But, after he touched me with his two fingers, and the bone spurs completely disappeared, I totally believed in him and told him I wanted to have him teach me.

Master Yau of Shaolin lights paper on fire just like John Chang -- real power confirmed by Chunyi Lin!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

edit on 30-8-2012 by Chi-and-Me because: my bad

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join