It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China was the first in the New World! New PBS Documentary Says So!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
nah i think the egyptians probably did trade with south americans. i mean i doubt a few leaves of weed are going to float over and there going to say hmmm never seen this leaf before. and then with those few leaves say ahh heck ill roll it up light it and put it in my mouth.i mean i think they south americans taught them how to make a dooby first.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
nah i think the egyptians probably did trade with south americans. i mean i doubt a few leaves of weed are going to float over and there going to say hmmm never seen this leaf before. and then with those few leaves say ahh heck ill roll it up light it and put it in my mouth.i mean i think they south americans taught them how to make a dooby first.

My bad - I didn't specify...I didn't mean that weed floated over - to be more specific, there's certain types of gourds that only grow in localized areas that have been found in North America - some of the gourds had evidence of long-distance water travel, like warping of skin and other markings that I guess would remain after organic matter remains in water that long...

As far as weed goes, you may be right - I'll have to look at my copy of the Canabible *droooools* and see what it says - Thanks God it got here, whichever way that was - lol

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
well in that case it all sounds good to me but point is now that i remember i have seen shows about egyptians travelling to the americas and i think they did. but see you never here about egyptians traveling through oceans ever so it seems strange.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Actually you should all check out the "Lost Cities" series by David Hatcher Childress

His book on Lost Cities of North and Central America is great!

Plant geography is a very revealing study, in his book Lost Cities of North and Central America on page #28 he writes:

"Peanuts of a type known archeaologically but not modernly on the coast of Peru are grown modernly in China wherer they are known archaeologically as early as Lungshanoid times- perhaps as early as 2000 BC. Corn also appears in southeast Asia under peculiar circumstances. The Chinese were growing it in quantity in the southwest corner of their country within 50 years of the discovery of America. The hill tribes of Assam state that they had corn long before they had rice and it is corn that they use in their ceremonies, not rice. "

the book later continues on the same page,

"... the chicken whose homeland is southeast Asia. Chickens have races as striking as those of mankind. Any chicken fancier can look at a collection of chickens and say "That is a Malay or That is a Chinese Chicken".... Maylays include giant chickens with few feathers, necks especially as naked as a turkey buzzard. Oddly the chickens in the hands of teh American Indians are still clearly Asiatic in origin."

Umm, well that was a lot of typing, read the book though its great!

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yeah - I've done a little research on them myself - Unfortunatley the moment a professor seeking tenure even dreams of researching this with university funding they say bye-bye...so a lot of research is done under-funded and based off of conjecture

The prof I had, Dr. Faught, whom I mentioned in my previous post would always entertain us with some of his own research on lost civilizations during class, but he would always jokingly say at the end "Not a word of this slips out of this classroom or they'll have my neck."

It's sad that we live in a time and place where research of the supernatural and unknown is frowned upon...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The Egyptians were involved with the Mayans heavily IMO. That is why the Emerald Tablets of Thoth were in the Mayan ziggurats...

Why... Why do Egyptians always HAVE something to do with mysteries of History??? Please just stop thinking about Egyptians and America. The old egyptian civilisation just did'nt had ships that were big and strong enough to do a ride across the Atlantic. All they had for a long period of time were sail barges and trade sailboats... Of course the Vikings had sail barges too, but hey these guys were tough, war-hardened sailors!!! Not the sissies the egyptians were...

Also, and more importantly, as contrary to what many egyptocrazy people think, the Egyptian cosmology has consisted for a long time (until they got in tough with the Romans I think) of the Earth being only a huge "vault" bordered by skyhigh cliffs. That was just as limitative as the "earth is flat" medieval conception of our world. So how could they attempt a far continent that they don't even know the existence of???

My theory is that it`s the Chinese who are the first people from the whole Eurasian continent (including Europe and Africa) to put their feet on American soil. I heard a while ago that there are old accounts in chinese tales of some sailors, under the Qin empire -which was around the beginning of the first millenium-, who set foot in America, and even had developped some peaceful relations that did not lasted for a very long time, just as the Vikings did with the "Mountaineers" in Newfoundland. I guess that the Pacific was a little bit too large for maintaining

BTW, the Inca messiah Viracocha was claimed to have come to America and returned on a huge boat. It is said too that he was white and had a dark beard. So that'd make him more of a chinese/japanese...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Tierra Del Fuego.
There is a group of people, some still there, at the Tip of South America.
Who are genetically related to the Aussie Aboriginals.
Called "the Fuegians". They may be a last link to the ORIGINAL
settlers of the Americas.
The Fuegians are the result of breeding between
these ORIGNAL settlers, and the Asiatic Settlers that came later.

The Original settlers deemed "American Aborigines" are though to have come
to the contintent 20-30 thousand years ago.
Here's some information
American Aborigines

Keep in mind this a a fairly new theory, but evidence is mounting.
Old human remains, rock art, and genetics may prove this out.

The First Americans could be directly traceable to Africa.
Intertesting eh?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
what about these skulls from peru

and those ones with horns found in connecticut?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
machinegunjordan,

I'm not sure about those skulls.
How old are they?
Do you have a pic of the ones with horns?
Or a link, or something?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
what about these skulls from peru

and those ones with horns found in connecticut?

These elongated cranial cavities are almost always made out to be some sort of alien...bogus...

The truth is, this is what's called "boarding" - the photo is not fake and there are many examples of this throughout history - when this person was still an infant the parents would, for ritual purposes, tie two boards to the child's front and back of the head and would allow their head to mold into the this cone shape over time, taking advantage of their still plyable divisions in the skull...the most commonly known part of the skull like this is called the "soft spot", but actually, from what I remember, our skull does not fully fuse together until we are in our 20s, and some acutally later...The brain did not expand to occupy the upper portion of the cranium, but remained in the lower portion - most people believe this was done by royalty

Do you have any pictures of the skulls with the horns??

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
yea i have seen them and am looking for a picture at the moment. but let me say this when the mayans came here the city they named tiotichuan or something like that was already built. some say ancient astronauts bult it but someone was here first. and i believe the mayans claimed to have come from the lost continent of MU. alos people say the city was built by refugees of atlantis.

[edit on 7/8/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
www.burlingtonnews.net...

www.burlingtonnews.net...

here is info on horned races.

on the final link look at the person with a weewee on there forehead

what if mayans are austrailian aborigines and mu is austrailia?

[edit on 7/8/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
eehh.....I dunno - On the very same page he/she argues that the sculpture of Moses by Michaelangelo has horns on it and mentions it as tho it too is some great mystery - this is acutally b/c the commisioner of this piece pi$$ed old Mike off something "holy" other and so he put horns on Moses' head for retrobution...and he suggests archaeologits try to cover-up their work with conspiracies....so if he uses all this as defense it tells me he's not doing his homework, especially with the same pictures of the "coneheads" where he makes the assumption that the brains were larger in these people - not so, as many skulls still can posses brain matter in them, petrafied just like the bone, and the brain matter is in the same shape and location as yours or mine...

From my understanding, this skull was stolen and has never been researched, so it was either a fraud or an interesting development that we'll never know about...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic!

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
It is because western civilization has taken so much credit and claims to world superiority, most people in the americas are only taught one side of the world rather than the other.

Very true. Fifteen years ago when I was in elementary school I remember making little Pilgrim mobiles and learning about how well the Pilgrims and the Native American's got along...

I took a class on Norse mythology in College, and we studied the Viking's and their conquests. As I recall there was textual evidence that the Vikings may have reached Nova Scotia - (Snorri Sturelsson's Sagas). I believe there was even an archeological find of longhouse's in that region. The idea that the Vikings then travelled through the Great Lakes to Minnesota is hogwash, though.

Cercey

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Cercey]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cercey As I recall there was textual evidence that the Vikings may have reached Nova Scotia - (Snorri Sturelsson's Sagas). I believe there was even an archeological find of longhouse's in that region. The idea that the Vikings then travelled through the Great Lakes to Minnesota is hogwash, though.

Good 'ol Eric the Red who went on to discover Greenland
Yeah - there's no evidence of vikings that I know of in the Great Lakes, but here's a good source on the colony in Greenland and their many failed attempts to create one in the New World, below...I remember watching some video in one of my classes where they uncovered a viking ship in Virginia, but I cannot remember the specifics - it may be on this website...
www.mnsu.edu...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

As I recall there was textual evidence that the Vikings may have reached Nova Scotia - (Snorri Sturelsson's Sagas). I believe there was even an archeological find of longhouse's in that region.

Actually, it's not in Nova Scotia, but in Newfoundland. The Vikings have'nt descended as far as Nova Scotia. There are still "ruins" of huts in northeastern Newfoundland, which are not really more than small mounds today, that are the unquestionable proof that the Vikings settled there for some time. The ground-level huts (partly made inside the ground) were typical in small Viking villages, even celtics used that kind of architecture.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Somebody asked why Egypt always has to figure into mysteries, and I think I can tell you. It's because they aren't black, or even exceptionally brown.
The Euro-centric school of thought seems to tolerate middle easterners because that school is descended from the closed mindset of the old church, and that mindset can acknowledge Arabs as offshoots of God's chosen people, the Jews. They might even suggest that Jewish slaves built the pyramids if you listened to them long enough.
Blacks, on the other hand, were once considered descendants of the sinner Cain, which made them the last ones acknowledge for anything (although it doesn't help that they never built a pyramid or a stonehenge to get our attention).
Asians are disrespected in the same way, because they are essentially lost to biblical history. The closest reference you can find is that the semetic descendants of Lud travelled beyond the lands of Elam (southern Iran). Indirectly, you might also find out, depending on your source, that the elamite language may have been related to Dravidian (from India). The resources are pretty thin, so asians get disrespected by the old school because they don't have a place in the Christian bible. Funny how that works... if you're in the bible, you're in good with Historians. If you're not, you're not.

Now to back up my claims from earlier:

The case for African Settlment:
1. Nahuatl languages of South America count in 5s like Bantu.
2. Mohawk language has a free word order like Bantu.
krysstal.com...

The case for (ancient) european settlment:

According to archaeologist Dr. Bruce Bradley, both the Solutreans and the Clovis folks made beveled, crosshatched bone rods, idiosyncratic spear points of mammoth ivory, and triangular stone scrapers.
Solutreans are from Spain/France.
2. As stated earlier, the Clovis start in the East, not the West, as would be expected.
3. (somebody help me out because i couldn't get a source at the moment) Isn't Hurricane a european word? Yet it is the name assigned to the "heart of the sky" in the popul vuh. Why did Europeans use a South American God as the name for a weather phenomenon?

I feel like this post is falling short of what I hoped to prove, but it's long enough for the moment, as has been my day. Sorry if I didn't shatter all of modern anthropology in a single stroke.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Vagabond,

Did you read the link in my previous post?
Some of that info may apply to the case you are making.
Pre-ice age settlers, from Africa and/or Oceana.
It's worth a look if you haven't already.

Space

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The VagabondSorry if I didn't shatter all of modern anthropology in a single stroke.

That's the great thing about anthropology tho - you can't shatter it...it evolves just like the artifacts we find every day - I saw this thread and pounced on it b/c it's something I love to discuss, not only b/c I studied it, but b/c nobody really knows what happened, not even the people who devote their professional lives to studying it

So conjecture away...everyone should have open ears and minds when discussing anthropologyand its related fields

[edit on 7/9/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have also read stuff about some Chinese person discovering Africa years before the Europeans.

There are alot of theorys that African cultures travled the world long before Europeans and that the Egytians visited South America and the Chinese traveled the globe.

Would make interesting research.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join