It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to execute end-of-life health plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Obama to execute end-of-life health plan

presstv.ir

The Obama administration is set to implement a new policy that will give doctors the permission to end patients' lives with their consent.
The new policy -- outlined in a Medicare regulation -- will be executed from January 1.

Under the program, the US administration will pay doctors who are willing to discuss the option of end-of-life plans with patients that are approaching death.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
And the next step is a new policy that will give doctors the permission to end patients' lives without their consent?

Well at least in this, the patient is given the right to choose if he wants to save his family and government the expense of prolonging his life for a few days, weeks or months. Much better than government or doctors making that decision. Anyone want to tell me that Death Panels still were not discussed before? It would seem to me, they just found a way to save money that would not infuriate the public like they were thinking of doing before.

Here is the real "kill switch".

presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There are already two other factless threads about this exact same fairy tale.

Too late.

Or...is this part of a concerted effort to start a new thread about this everyday so it stays in the headlines?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
But if this plan is approved, they need to pin a medal on Dr. Kevorkian.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Factless, Let me guess, the article posted as reference isn't good enough for your liking? As usual.
edit on 28-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
But if this plan is approved, they need to pin a medal on Dr. Kevorkian.

Explain why.
With facts.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Jack Kevorkian, (pronounced /kɛˈvɔrkiːɛn/;[3] born May 26, 1928)[4] is an American pathologist, right-to-die activist, painter, composer, and instrumentalist. He is best-known for publicly championing a terminal patient's right to die via physician-assisted suicide; he claims to have assisted at least 130 patients to that end. He famously said that "dying is not a crime."

He is right, death is not a crime. Nor is it refuted within the Constitution.

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Furthermore:

Beginning in 1999 Kevorkian served eight years of a 10-to-25-year prison sentence for second-degree murder. He was released on parole on June 1, 2007, on condition that he would not offer suicide advice to any other person.[6]

Serving only 8 years, would suggest someone in the upper echelons of power agreed with his motives, and allowed parole on a easy way out.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Rubbish.

A law which allows for a doctor to be able to get paid for discussing a LIVING WILL with a patient is NOT a "death panel". NOBODY will be forced to die. There will be NO Logans Run" scenario. This is Sarah Palin BS and it's gone on for far too long. I swear to friggin god...

Sarah Palin is an idiot and those who buy into her rhetoric... well... they need to read more.

~Heff
edit on 12/28/10 by Hefficide because: rephrase to be nicer to Palinites

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I asked why Kevorkian should get a medal for anything having to do with this bill. Why did you not even try to answer? Please do not waste my time if you are not even going to give it a shot.

For the record, I agree with Kevorkian. I do think he is a hero. He has nothing to do with this bill, this topic, current or proposed healthcare law, etc.
edit on 28-12-2010 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I work in a medical practice with numerous elderly patients, many with no family or caretakers. This is something that is sorely needed. I for one don't want to end up on a ventilator for months or years when I am 85. End of life planning is NOT a bad thing, it is just preparation. Why would you not want to this?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Too late.

Or...is this part of a concerted effort to start a new thread about this everyday so it stays in the headlines?

Oh yeh...Concerted effort. Its a conspiracy, you know.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So. Dr. Kevorkian can now be retried?/....

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I simply shown with facts about the good Doctor. Pinning a medal on a man who performed exactly what this legislation may allow should be acknowledged.
And what are you trying to argue? If you agree that the Dr., is a good guy, then your basis of argument doesn't hold any merit. Troll much?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AllInMyHead

Nor is it illegal.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Every time I see this headline this is what comes to mind

it's from the movie Soylent Green...and believe me when we speak of possible si-fi scenarios mimicking real life...this one wins the Oscar.

I DO know the difference between fantasy and reality...then again...sometimes fantasy does mirror reality.

Eventually, someone will be making money on death clinics...and for the number of those of us that are aging...they will be bringing in bank...who would have thought a movie we watched when most of us were kids was giving us a message of such a possible future?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Too late.

Oh yeh...Concerted effort. Its a conspiracy, you know.

Then you will most likely be asking the mods to close this thread and contribute to one of the two already going in your very next post, right? Why do we need another thread on an ongoing topic already being covered by two other threads if not in an effort to spread it out more?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Some would say that this is a slow-motion holocaust/genocide...the net effect being to take away from rich old white people (who presumably earned the money to pay for their own care), causing them to die - while giving to poor uninsured minority persons, "according to their need", causing them to live on at the expense of the deaths of others...

Just imagine the politics if this was reversed...if it was vampiric old white people stealing the transplantable organs from poor minority persons, so that they might live on at their expense...hmmm...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

I simply shown with facts about the good Doctor.

You could have shown me facts about what the good doctor drives. That would have nothing to do with this bill either. I asked you specifically to show me with facts why he deserves a medal in relation to this bill. You still have not done that.

Pinning a medal on a man who performed exactly what this legislation may allow should be acknowledged.

Where is that in this legislation and what do you think he performed? You do know that he gave people who wanted to die the option to die. Are you saying that choice should be up to the state and not the person? Really? Where is any of that in this bill?

And what are you trying to argue? If you agree that the Dr., is a good guy, then your basis of argument doesn't hold any merit. Troll much?

Really? Thinking that a man who helps Americans follow out their own free wishes that harm NO ONE ELSE makes me a troll? Please just answer the question. What does Kevorkian have to do with this bill and use facts.

When you get done with that, please explain to me why you think the state should decide if I live or die instead of me.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

May I ask where exactly did you see that I concluded that it is up to the state to decided life or death? By my very effort into mentioning Dr. Kevorkian would suggest on the contrary.
Your entire response once again suggests your " trolling efforts". You took a simple comment, meant to reinforce that his actions, allowing a person to make the choice for themselves, knowing it was a good thing, you manipulated what was said as usual.
Once again, taking a persons comment out of context. I have answered your question, its not my fault you are unable to comprehend what has been stated. And it certainly isnt my fault that you are unable to conjure up a constructive thought, instead attacking a comment made out of positive thinking.

English: He deserves a medal for allowing people to make the choice for themselves. What part of that don't you get? Let's see what spin you can make on that one as well troll~
edit on 28-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join