It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto advert on ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If you search Monsanto here on ATS you will find plenty of negative conversation in regards to how evil folks here at ATS feel Monsanto is. Just a few minutes ago I spied a Monsanto add at the top of this very website. I don't know how I feel about this. I'm quite new to the whole Monsanto side of conspiracies. I do feel however that it kinda taints the image of ATS in th eyes of those who frequent this site. Ya know the traffic that gets the site owners paid thru advertisement. I think it was in very poor taste that ATS would accept payment to advertise for the company that many feel is one of the true evils in our world today. After all ATS if you had no traffic you would not get paid. Its your members here and the millions that visit this site that will get you paid. So maybe you should reconsider who you advertise and accept money from.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Its ad space...ATS has no control over the ads..just runs targetted wording for searches.

Other thread moaning about ads with monsanto
edit on 25-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: added previous posting

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

well then... thanks for that info... i did not know that... regardless i still feel the same. I am not into net marketing or anything like that but I would imagine a filter of sorts could be applied or something to that effect.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy

well then... thanks for that info... i did not know that... regardless i still feel the same. I am not into net marketing or anything like that but I would imagine a filter of sorts could be applied or something to that effect.

Everything under the sun has a conspiracy behind it...if ATS was in the business of showing only ADs with no conspiracy or something behind it, then guess what...the site would be ad free.

Welcome to ATS.

btw, marketing itself is a conspiracy frowned upon by many here...along with any supporting or questing for money...

If you are not interested in puchasing monsanto products...I would recommend not bothering to click on that ad overall...or any other ad that you feel is not approprate

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with you how terrible it is, when I see a commercial that talks about helping farmers and feeding the world and then it ends up being Monsanto, I usually flip it the bird. But it's like those stupid Google ads, they come up with the craziest stuff and the site owners have no control over it. But this link might make you happier, it's about Haitians burning seeds that Monsanto sent them, there has also been a string of Monsanto fields being burned down, I don't support burning the fields, but I support the idea. I'm definitely not a fan of ATS having these ads, you also get things like V advertisments too, but we don't really get a say in all of that and neither do the owners for the most part. I'm in the process of making my own site, it's going to be ad-free, the way it should be.

Here is a documentary called Genetically Modified Food: Panacea or Poison and David Versus Monsanto is another, but I couldn't find a full free one, it's about how the hybrid seeds end up in other people's fields, then Monsanto demands the farmer pays for them, if they don't, then Monsanto sues them and tries to take their farm, sounds like they certainly care about us. Another thing that scares me is the Monsanto Doomsday Vault, I know the world won't end, but if it did and they actually had to eventually go to the vault to get the seeds, that means that all of the future Earth's veggies and fruits would be Frankenfood, scary.

As for being ad-free, making owning a site your job means you have to make money, if you don't have a store then you have to advertise. Personally, I'd rather make a site ad-free and make no money off of it, ads seriously bring down the site. But as for everyone being against people making money off of their information and such, I support people making money off of their knowledge and expertise, it's like paying for a self-help book, but site advertising I feel is in a different category. If ATS only had the forum, I would say that ads are serious weak sauce, but they've amped it up and given us ATS Street and comics and news, so they've put extra work into the site, so they deserve money. But I feel it'd be better for them to get specific sponsors, it's the Google ads and the pop-ups nonsense that gets me. It used to be that everytime I clicked on something that wasn't a link, a pop-up would come up, there were also random words that would be hyperlinked and if your cursor went over it then something would pop-up. To me, that is seriously trashy, it also made me not enjoy coming to the site, but they've upgraded all of that stuff and now it's much better, but having to hear 3 Lysol commercials play at slightly different times makes me want to throw my computer.

So as they say, if you don't like the site, then you can make your own...that's exactly what I'm doing and from the beginning I decided it would be ad-free. It's only like 60 bucks to get a website for a year and have it be "secure" by paying extra money, so it's sort of sad that basically every website has ads. When I google search for something very alternative and I click on a link and get sent to a page filled with advertising, I leave it. So I'm not a big fan of ATS's advertising technique, but it's what allows so many uninformed idiots to call us disinfo agents for free and that freeness is a great thing. Except you know what is way better than free, free with no advertising, god bless it. But I understand that all these mindless ads on ATS allow many people to have their job, or supplement their job, be running a conspiracy forum, I fully support that. But......I think selling cool t-shirts would be a better way to make money without selling your site's soul.
edit on 25-12-2010 by SincerelySarcastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If you Google the name of the company that owns this site you'll see why this happens.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Why don't you just tell us?

All knowing good sir......

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It needs to be blocked, just as if there were other ads which were contrary to our mission. None of us want this ad, period. However glad to see the poster who took the opportunity to enlighten people who may not understand about the dangers of monsanto foods and poisons.
edit on 25-12-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, I'm not sure if Monsanto qualifies as conspiracy, they don't seem to hide their evil doings; just ask any farmer who has to deal with them.
Yes & some of the posts are becoming very frustrating, the title says one thing so you click on it, only to find it contains the same ol' same ol Christian crap. One person said to me 'why do you judge me as a Christian? Well maybe because the topic was about the sixth seal in the BOOK OF REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST! Duhhhh!!!
Skating on thin Ice with me is the ol; ATS.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

oh no you didn't!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Havent seen that one.. Usually not get ads.. Tho oddly lately been seeing ads in my native language - japanese here on ats... Anybody else getting ads in their native languages here ?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
ads are targeted to your country. I don't see american ads and americans don't see the australian ads I see.
if you are in Japan then you will see Japanese ads.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
ads are targeted to your country. I don't see american ads and americans don't see the australian ads I see.
if you are in Japan then you will see Japanese ads.

Ahh.. Makes sense.. Though am in vietnam at present and getting them which is why it struck me as odd .. Thanks

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
How bout this...I support GM foods. I think the evidence against them being damaging is not complete and skewed...therefore, voila..like any conspiracy, there are those for and against it. Guess who the ad supports.

now, I don't actually know the controversy of gm foods overall beyond the surface argument of...its frankenfoods, will sit down one day and properly research both sides to see what the truth is beyond the spin.

But anyhow, as I said before...its not controlled by ATS...so if you don't like it, find somewhere else to spend your time in overall..the website isn't going to stop making a few bucks here and there because someone doesn't approve.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

don't want to go too off topic but you are seriously misinformed if you support Monsanto.
i don't mean any offense to you i'm just saying.. there's no way you can support them.

new topics

top topics

join