It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a New Korean Altercation might look like.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have been giving a fair amount of thought to exactly what the opening hours of a new Korean conflict would look like. There has been a good amount of discussions in the Korean posts that have popped up on ATS lately. Some people are under the impression that the DPRK has a mighty military and would just march over SK and the US. I would argue that if this where the case, the DPRK would have done this already.

I found a really insightful and informative article. Outlining the mindset of DPRK and what their current military capability is and what SK is capable of currently as well. They have a very realistic overview of what would likely happen. They say that the U.S. has an upto date target list in NK and at the slightest sign they might be readying a larger attack the U.S and NK would take out most of DPRK's offensive capability.

Here is a summary of the initial attack by the U.S.

Six B-2s each armed with 80 500-lb JDAMs sequentially launch from Guam. The strike is coordinated with several divisions of B1-s with 12 JDAMs per aircraft and F-117s with two laser-guided precision-guided weapons per aircraft, taking off from other bases in the region. These strikes would be deconflicted with the launch of more than 300 Tomahawk cruise missiles from the various cruisers and submarines positioned in the Pacific. Six additional B2s, flying out of their homebase in Missouri, time their arrival closely behind – loaded with 24 1,000lb JDAMs or 16 2,000lb JDAMs. One thousand targets could be destroyed prior to sunrise. This would prepare the battleground for ground forces to rapidly sweep to the North under a protective close air support umbrella of tactical aircraft from two carrier battle groups and other aircraft and assault helicopters in the South.

If you have some free time on y our hands this article is really worth the read.

www.sublimeoblivion.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/abb058d30c72.jpg[/atsimg]

join