It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 census now available.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
2010.census.gov...

many questions come to mind whenever these are released.
sure was a lot of concern and frustration over this topic while they were invading our properties
and knocking on our doors.
how accurate do think this actually is?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Not accurate. Three people came to the downstairs apartment and no one showed up at my door. Also with illegal immigrants who don't want to be found could open the door and say the residents arn't home. I know of a neighbor who lives in my city but uses an address in another state. Too many variences.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It's way off if they were even a portion as half-assed with the rest of the country as there were here where I live.

Nothing was mailed. Everything had to be picked up. Signage went up in public spots when the packets were available then the packets got removed from the public places a week later.

As far as anyone can tell around here the high estimate is that 10% of us got counted.

Fine by me. I was trying to avoid it anyway. Looks like the whole county did.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hmmm that is interesting - why did so many people want to avoid it?

They do it every couple of years in Australia. It gets mailed out to every house and you have to post it back.

Its not 100% accurate but can give you a rough idea of the demographics - I even use the information in my work.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

People here wanted to avoid it because they hate the United States Constitution and everything that it stands for.

It's the ONLY reason someone would not want to complete the Census.

See, in the United States Constitution, it states:

Article I Section 2

The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct

But some people hate the Constitution so much, that they want to try and subvert it in any way they possibly can. The reason the accuracy is in question is because of these people who hate the Constitution, and are completely Un-American.
edit on 12/22/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Not accurate at all. This year was the first time I was counted. Just never got a form or a visit before.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

People here wanted to avoid it because they hate the United States Constitution and everything that it stands for.

this actually made me smile. it was the same argument that i used with some of my wanna' be' militia minded survivalist friends.
never really did get a straight answer from anyone.

what many do not get is that the numbers are used for dividing up funds, such as schools, clinics, road maintenance etc......

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by rubbertramp

I get that. The gov shouldnt have these funds in the first place. I dont feel good or happy having blood money extorted from my peers spent on me or my geographical area. It actually makes me feel sick and angry.

Im okay with hating the constitution. It's just a piece of paper. Im not some constitution zealot. What I believe to be right exists with or without that piece of paper. Ill go so far as to say some of the ideas that those founders had were bull too. What idiot blindly marches to a man or a piece of peper just because he's supposed to? The same kind of idiot who cries when his flag is burned or kills somebody because his god got disrespected.

If the gov wants a number fine. If they want my name, SS#, address, age, gender, race, marital status, etc... they can go screw themselves. Besides, with the infinite level of bureaucracy in my life they should have all that info anyway so what's the point.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I get that. The gov shouldnt have these funds in the first place. I dont feel good or happy having blood money extorted from my peers spent on me or my geographical area. It actually makes me feel sick and angry.

So, the Federal Government in your opinion should have no funding? This country wouldn't have lasted very long if the Federal Government wasn't funded. Maybe that's your point, maybe you would have rather the United States remained a subject of the monarchy of England.

If the gov wants a number fine. If they want my name, SS#, address, age, gender, race, marital status, etc... they can go screw themselves. Besides, with the infinite level of bureaucracy in my life they should have all that info anyway so what's the point.

You do realize that your Social Security number is given to you by the Federal government right?

Seriously, oh boo hoo. The Census doesn't hurt you in the slightest.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by whatukno

Those are my points.

It gave me the # then asks me what it is? What sense does that make?

It knows my info, where I live, where I work, what I drive, what I own, my marital status and who I am married to and it has to send me a form asking me these questions?

It has too much time and money if it can waste millions asking me what it already knows.

edit on 22-12-2010 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I can't relate to the Social Security number, since in Australia we are not technically owned by the Government (yet!). It probably has to do with compartmentalisation of information, which I can relate to. Once I had to supply my Tax File Number to the Australian Taxation Office - retarded.

So it sounds like its a privacy issue for some people. I think that in theory there's nothing wrong with the idea but then again they could use that information for other purposes too.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

how accurate do think this actually is?

I think the Census underestimated the fleeing of people from California and the rise in Texas.

Also Pennsylvania's population has been increasing over the years by leaps and bounds from city folk moving to rural America but yet the new data says Pennsylvania shrunk....

I have a feeling for National Security they "fluff" the numbers to make it appear our population is larger than it is.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It's just a piece of identification I really don't see the big deal or the hubub.

All they are looking for is who is where, how many people, and the demographics of those people. They are actually supposed to do this every 10 years. It's kinda one of their jobs.

It's kinda like if someone came to your job, and started bitching and complaining and throwing a temper tantrum because you were doing what you are supposed to be doing.

Or, to put it another way, it's like someone going to a McDonald's and freaking out because the restaurant makes big macs.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I believe the data from my own neighborhood to be perfectly accurate

top topics

join