It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 254
<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

First it is not seismic. What ever it is has a very odd sound that is like a cross between the 'Devil Voices' and a sharp thump, but not an earthquake thump. The frequency runs from 16Hz to 413Hz on the later ones, but the earlier 'mess' is a mixed bag from 16 to 125 Hz. Low seismic frequencies are almost entirely missing.

I have some nice spectrums but at present cant get on to ATS media so I am afraid it has to be external images.

Spectrum of the rough patch, with a high pass filter of 12 Hz because I wanted to remove any possible rumbles. Actually it looks little different in the unfiltered. Just a slightly redder base line.

The plot of the above - unfiltered

The 'bumps' outside the mess are similar but as I said deeper. Spectrum shows this.

The sound of that is definitely 'electrical' rather than 'seismic'. Considering how messy Gakona looks (see my signature) I think incoming solar is the answer. I think what threw me at first is that it is not showing a heavy as it does on some instruments.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Found this too on the oil and gas wells in the parish..

sonris-www.dnr.state.la.us...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

OK I thought there was something wrong there. The station I listened to was 243A - which was the correct one - but I first put up the plot for 234A. I was trying to think why so many parts of that were silent yet so messy on the screen.

It is becuase this is what they should be 243A.TA..BHZ.2011.256

Now that is what we see often in other places and I think it was Susan who said it was possible these were lightening signatures. Electrical in other words. Actually none of this fits Gakona so it probably is not Solar this time.

ETA it would be interesting to see where these two seismos are and it the lesser signature on 234A has the same source.
edit on 13/9/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Ok, glad you sorted that out, because I was wondering why the signatures weren't the same.

Lightening strikes? Wouldn't those look different than that? Rumble from thunder only happenns after the strike, not leading up to it. And as you can see there is lead up to the spikes consistently, and they are of a very consistent magnitude. And that's looking like vehicles of some kind to me. Have you done audio analysis of the second signatures yet?
edit on Tue Sep 13th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Hmmmm....now THAT makes me even more curious because I have said (and others too) that this weird noise we hear is a roar with a sort of electrical buzz...like staticy....so I wonder...could this be the source of the noises? Or could it be related...when I heard the sound, I also heard soft thuds or booms "in the background. I may be totally off track, but just throwin it out there.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
What's showing up on the 'Closest seismo to 5.9 VA', on PuterMan's signature link?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

The rumbles I hear are electrical not audio so are nothing to do with thunder.

This one: 543A.TA..BHZ.2011.256
and 343A.TA..BHZ.2011.256
and 243A.TA..BHZ.2011.256
and 143A.TA..BHZ.2011.256 (odd one out)
and Z43A.TA..BHZ.2011.256
and Y43A.TA..BHZ.2011.256

All have some sign of that signal, some strong some very weak. All of those are in a line running NNE or so. Has a storm passed through? They also all happen to be reasonably close to the river.

Another W43A.TA..BHZ.2011.256

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Interesting don't usually see a lot here,
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Magnitude 3.0
Date-Time

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 22:59:23 UTC
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 05:59:23 PM at epicenter

Location 33.591°N, 86.672°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles)
Region BIRMINGHAM URBAN AREA, ALABAMA
Distances 14 km (8 miles) ENE of Birmingham, Alabama
40 km (24 miles) NNE of Alabaster, Alabama
62 km (38 miles) ESE of Jasper, Alabama
140 km (86 miles) NNW of MONTGOMERY, Alabama
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 14 km (8.7 miles); depth +/- 2.1 km (1.3 miles)
Parameters NST= 12, Nph= 12, Dmin=69 km, Rmss=0.71 sec, Gp= 94°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=6
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0005u19

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

That looks like the same thing.

Any one in that area can say if a storm has gone past?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

It sounds interesting, but what I can't get my head round is how the sound would be on the seismos unless it is very strong.

I don't have time t present but before the vanish for ever I will try and remember to get a few more of these and see if I can map the strong signals.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
Interesting don't usually see a lot here,
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Magnitude 3.0
Date-Time

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 22:59:23 UTC
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 05:59:23 PM at epicenter

Location 33.591°N, 86.672°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles)
Region BIRMINGHAM URBAN AREA, ALABAMA
Distances 14 km (8 miles) ENE of Birmingham, Alabama
40 km (24 miles) NNE of Alabaster, Alabama
62 km (38 miles) ESE of Jasper, Alabama
140 km (86 miles) NNW of MONTGOMERY, Alabama
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 14 km (8.7 miles); depth +/- 2.1 km (1.3 miles)
Parameters NST= 12, Nph= 12, Dmin=69 km, Rmss=0.71 sec, Gp= 94°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=6
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0005u19

I just saw this one...crazy!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

What the H***?? Now Alabama?? What's going on? We don't have many earthquakes in the southeast....
It worries me.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Here is another 443A.TA..BHZ.2011.256 and again stringer close to the river.

Yet the one next door to it: 442A.TA..BHZ.2011.256 nothing much.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by SusanFrey

What the H***?? Now Alabama?? What's going on? We don't have many earthquakes in the southeast....
It worries me.

Ditto - piqued my interest too when I saw one over that way...

.. pretty sure they're not fracking right next to the hospital?!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Boy the USA is lit up like a Christmas tree with Rudolph's Red Nose right in the middle. I thought I was safe here in TN but it looks like I better rethink my EQ plans.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It is STILL going ...back up to 400 etc....It has been doing this all day (actually, I first noticed it yesterday evening....long straight line for awhile, then a disturbance, followed by a dip, then back up and goes straight again....not very scientific
But that's the only way I know to describe it. How do you "hear" it? I would like to hear it to see if it in any way compares to the noise we have been hearing...is it just audible, or do you have to convert it?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Here's some fun reading. Following the Virgina quake, a geologist states Central Texas is unlikely to have a quake above 4.0 - 4.5M. Well, it didn't take long for one to hit that was almost above 4.5M.

kut.org...

At the end of the article he admits he could be wrong.
I'm not.
Texas is related to Oklahoma, which is related to Arkansas. Which is related to Colorado and Virgina.
Also, we must remember the drought in Texas. Puterman mentions in the Texas thread, the water-table.
The farmers must have tapped the sucker dry and it could have settled and collapsed in parts.

The end of the drought may produce a quake bigger than 4.5M.
These oil and gas boys are hastening the future. They are destabalizing the mid-continental faults.
I would be surprised if we get a quake in the Gulf somewhere near Alabama. There was one back a few months ago. Another is probably due sometime soon.

Had to quote myself. I suspected Alabama because it's fitting a pattern. Put Arkansas in the middle and you have adjacent faults all becoming active. The quake is futher north than I expected.

I'm not fearmongering. I'm just telling you what I think. I think bigger ones are coming. These quakes in the midwest are not common. They happen. But it is rare for all these seperate areas to be active in a relatively short timeframe. These events are clustered and part of a chain reaction.

Now I am looking to the north of NMZ to see if these areas see activity.

Had to edit. I really should read what I write more often and make corrections. In my quoted post, I should have written, " I wouldn't be surprised if..."

Because I'm not suprised by the Alabama quake.

edit on 13-9-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

No storms...it's been blue skies all day here (central Louisiana) This really intrigues me (the sound connection) When I heard it, it was LOUD....like a huge wind machine or a jet hovering over you...except it went on the first time for 45 minutes.Here is a compilation of all the sounds people have been hearing. The ones that sound like roaring or a giant flame is what I heard....could all this be related....I wonder? What do you think?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The Alabama quake seems unusual -
what's going on? It seems like the
southeastern states are taking turns
having quakes. This too would be
from the Madrid - right?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Wait....you mean the ones in Louisiana and the one EQ that just happened in Alabama have the same signature??? I am really beginning to think all this is related to those sounds....something man made....the sound appears to come from "everywhere" when you hear it in person.

<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join