It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen warns she has more lewd AFL photos-Censorship?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Facebook has a Terms of Service agreement just like many websites. I'm fairly certain what she posted was in violation of the TOS and even without a court order would have subjected her to having her account closed.

If someone posts a nudey picture of you on Facebook there most certainly IS something you can do about it, you let FB know, and they delete picture and/or account.

Censorship BEFORE an act is even committed is just the thought police taking control.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What I find fascinating about this issue, is public perception about the accused. If there was a news story that a teenage male stole photos of naked women netball players from somebody's computer, tried to extort money from the clubs they played for, and then posted them on FB....can you imagine the outcry from the general public and Women's Groups in particular?
edit on 22/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Heaps of people are against her. I'm against her, I think she's a stupid narcissistic girl who's looking for attention. It's a shame she's getting it.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Well his team mate took the photo.. what I want to know is why a man is taking a photo of another man who's lying in bed holding his genitals. I haven't seen the photo personally but I know what it contains.

This team is from Australia. They sure have been making the news a lot lately. Just recently there was a scandal when photos surface of a very popular player performing a sex act with a dog, at a party, in front of a room full of people. Even a few of this guy's teammates joined in as well.

I don't know what it is about sports in Australia, but wow.

Rugby player has sex with dog

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Heaps of people are against her. I'm against her, I think she's a stupid narcissistic girl who's looking for attention. It's a shame she's getting it.

So what your saying is she is a typical 17 year old girl?

My question is how does a 17 year old girl get so many pictures and so much information about a group of Adult men?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

My question is how does a 17 year old girl get so many pictures and so much information about a group of Adult men?

Good question, they were on Sam's comp and according the St Kilda, they have never met the girl..

The $20000 bribe has NOT been reported official..

It's also now called " Dikileaks " in Australia.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Hah yep, typical 17 year old.
She was meant to appear in court today but was still in Gold Coast. She's coming to Melbourne later today and so it's been postponed until tomorrow.

Alegedly she got the photos from his computer, which of course is unlawful and so she could face 2 years in jail for that alone.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Hah yep, typical 17 year old.
She was meant to appear in court today but was still in Gold Coast. She's coming to Melbourne later today and so it's been postponed until tomorrow.

Alegedly she got the photos from his computer, which of course is unlawful and so she could face 2 years in jail for that alone.

But what are these footballers doing hanging out with underage girls??
There's always two sides to a story..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
By the way her name is "Kim Duthie" from St. Kilda so I'd be surprised if they hadn't met her before since she seems to be so obsessed with them.

She first became "notorious" a while ago when she clamed she was pregnant with Sam Gilberts child.

This is her photo:
files.formspring.me...
Hideous beaver teeth and typical bogan face.

These are her videos they keep showing on the news but raw and no blurred face.

Soooo bogan, haha. She obviously has issues.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I don't believe this "issue" is about Censorship. She simply sounds to me like a mentally unstable teenager with cravings for attention. When she didn't get the attention she was seeking, she stole incriminating photos of players and published them online without their permission.

I am personally very opposed to the idea of Internet Censorship - but there has to be a line drawn.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Maybe we could just have an IQ test requirement before you can access the Internet.
Or make it like driving a car where you have a probationary period and if you do stupid things you lose your Internet license.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Good idea.

If this was simply an issue of the girl in question posting naked pictures of herself on the internet and causing a storm, that is a different story. But to publish such private photos about somebody else, with the intention of gaining fame and money, that is overstepping the line.
edit on 22/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Rockin' Out With Your Cock out with the boys.....is this a common past time of men in Australia?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I've never encountered it and neither has anyone in my family.
Must be an AFL thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

It's sort of like that South Park episode where the kids are caught smoking and blame it on the tobacco companies instead of taking responsibility themselves and because of that the tobacco companies get bycotted.

The blame for the photos is being shifted on the girl for some reason when all she did was upload them (much like all Wikileaks did was upload the documents, not write or leak them).

Exactly. Very similar in theme to wikileaks IMO.

The issue that always gets glossed over in these situations though is that we (especially in Australia) put our sports stars up on a pedastal and we expect them to be good role models to our kids. But any sports player is good at sport - they aren't trained in PR and more than likely haven't excelled in school etc etc. They are also naturally pumped full of testosterone which also makes you more likely to be violent and mysogynistic. So why do we expect them to be paragons of humanity? When they do something wrong its suddenly all shock and horror.

The fact is that these AFL stars (and the rugby players too) are young guys who go out, get drunk and/or take drugs and make idiots of themselves. That's no different to any other young guy in our country, its just that the footy players are always in the public eye.

Lastly, I do think its interesting that they were posing naked for each other. It could just be a laugh but on the other hand it could be related to the "controversy" which gripped our nation for a while earlier in the year - wether or not footballers are allowed to be gay. On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if she was actually sexually involved with some/all of them, which would cause an even bigger uproar.

Getting pretty tired of all these pointless distractions :/

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

The story is not what is concerning..
It's the talk it's generating in the media and within government..

Last night, a Federal Court judge ordered the photos be removed and Facebook closed the girl's account shortly after 8pm (AEDT). It applies until a hearing on December 23

They are already talking about ways to censore what can or can't be posted on the internet..

Did they fail with Wikileaks as an excuse and are now looking at this??

Early days but already plenty of talk with the courts already closing her facebook site..

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to add: This is Australia and the AFL is our Aussie Football league..
edit on 21-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

Well then thats it.... roguenet will now go into effect....

welcome the mesh as we enter the Diamond Age.....

Just imagine an actual network more decentralized than the Internet, one in which information can not be controlled.... It's coming...

We are the Elite

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It's more that athletes are used to being naked in front of each other, like when they shower after training or change before/after matches. I doubt there is anything sexual about these photos - simply people doing stupid stuff to pass the time after a gruelling session that day.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cecilofs
They are also naturally pumped full of testosterone which also makes you more likely to be violent and mysogynistic. So why do we expect them to be paragons of humanity? When they do something wrong its suddenly all shock and horror.

Testosterone all of a sudden contributes to Misogyny?

This should be interesting. Please do elaborate...
edit on 23/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

um. I think there's more to the photos than just feeling natural about being naked.

If you really want to see for yourself I can link you to them. I'd rather not have to go find them a second time but I will if you want to see them.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I have not seen the photos so I do admit I should not be commenting on them. I have no desire to view them either. Was just trying to think of a logical scenario because I doubt all the players involved are gay or bisexual just because photos showing silly behaviour has made it seem that way.

-----------------

Also, just wanted to remind people that the girl at the centre of this is still a teenager and those calling for her blood should keep this in mind. We all make mistakes - especially when we are young, naive and inexperienced. The girl needs psychiatric help, not death threats and disbandment from her own family. Seeing officials at the St. Kilda FC state they intend to sue her over the next 15 years paints them in a very negative light.
edit on 23/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join