It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Terror Threat in US Aimed to 'Poison Food'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

And as usual, the fear-mongering and boogey-man threats belch forth again from Janet Napolitano and the DHS squad.

So now on top of Wal-mart, hotels, and shopping malls, you can bet a DHS-sponsored message of fear and encouraged tattle-telling and paranoia will grace monitors as you enter your local restaurants.

Then perhaps we can get TSA-styled grope-downs to check us as we file past the cash register...

Because, of course, we are under attack everywhere we go! We need to be afraid, be very afraid!

But not to worry---The TSA will protect us! Just be good little frightened citizens and allow them to invade every aspect of our lives. After all, they are here to protect us from all those enemies waiting around ever corner.

The irony in all this is this 'investigation' should have spent time investigating the GLOBAL food terrorists---Monsanto and the GMO mega corps. LOL

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The "terrorists" don't exist. Bet the CIA murders people this way and then blames it on the "terrorists" and th tooth faery.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Sure Monsanto probably has flawed products, maybe they are trying to work out the flaws... did you ever think of that?
edit on 21-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

LoL...oh boy.

I read your posts and I thought to myself "is this guy for real"?, then I see your join date which was about 3 months ago and realize "ok he's just new".

Stick around, keep reading posts from many of the bright and well-informed people here and you will learn about your friendly neighborhood Monsanto and other wonderful corporations.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

This is the first thing that came to my mind too. What a great way to justify more food regulation - seems like fear tactics are being used to manipulate and justify just about everything the US does nowadays.

What interests me most is how the food-safety bill might affect small business farmers and foreign agriculture. Small farmers won't be able to compete with the big timers in keeping up with the technology necessary for "safe" growing, and the resources it will take to monitor everything. It will force small-scale farmers into (further) debt. This bill caters to big business, and encourages monopolization over food... which is scary, to say the least.

Same goes with imported food - the bill forces foreign farmers to comply with US standards.This is a great excuse to push US technology and "expertise" into other countries, which works entirely in favour of US economic interests and puts small to medium scale farmers at a loss. This pay-to-play system does not benefit the average farmer. It's totally in favour of multinational corporations and banks, as usual.

What better way to manipulate public opinion than to scare the masses into siding with government/business regulation by using the "terrorist threat"?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sadly there is NO way to keep someone from poisoning food at a buffet restaurant. Even if they had cameras and such, one could easily have a false fingertip filled with radioactive or other poison and just squirt it into the food as you fill up your own plate.

I realized this some time ago when I was at a salad buffet restaurant and they found someones ring at the bottom of a container of salad dressing.
edit on 21-12-2010 by Blazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Good Post OP. S&F&

We're under attack alright. From the very people warning us that we're under attack.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If there is any attempt made to poison food and water, then I'm going to chalk it up to a different breed of terrorism that doesn't involve Al Qaeda, Osama, or the Taliban. Because I know if this story gets spread enough, there will be more government regulation and control over what people eat. So it seems a little suspicious to me.
edit on 22-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Problem: Al Qaeda might attack our food supply.
Reaction: Sheep say, "Please Fed, do something about this! Protect our food!"
Solution: S 510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act

In a timeframe of... 2 days? Not even?

History: "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." ~Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Throwback
The food safety bill came before this announcement I think.

You are right. However, it was not passed until the day after/of MSM announcements that AQ might attack our food supply.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Goal Shack because: Added quote

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CerBeRus666

Eat Organic while you still can, for as long as you can... It'll soon be illegal to buy, grow and prolly' even consume organic food..

I see a time in the future of the Western world, when people are carted off to jail and given hefty fines for being caught eating something organic and GM un-modified.. Much the same way that people who smoke dope are treated thesedays..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
I agree with the OP. They are just trying to frighten people for some reason. Every other day it is something different. When I read this, the first question that popped into my mind was "How would they get the poison into the food without anyone that was working at these establishments knowing it? Wouldn't they have to already be working there in able to get into the kitchen without raising any flags? If so, then TPTB are telling us that terrorists have now slipped into all the places we eat. This terrorist warning just does not make sense to me. To many things don't add up on this one IMO......

Not for 'some reason', they are passing that nice new 'modern food safety' bill. Need to get us all worried now about food to support that. SIgh

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This is kind of old hat really. The first ever bioterrorism on American soil was done in a very similar all the way back in 1984.

www.time.com...

Although on a side note: who ever wrote that article really should have read up on Osho and his Sannyasins. I love how something that can't be catagorised or compartmentalised in the western ideals of religion and spirituality becomes a cult.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Another timely thread...S&F.

Of course the problem we all face is determining if this is a real threat or one dreamed up by the fear factory in Washingto, DC. With the food supply one must be cautious. We don't want to be caught wondering if our foods are safe or not for our families to eat.

This is another example of why it is most important, IMO, to accumulate a food pantry of long shelf-life foods as a "survival savings account" for you and your loved ones. Don't forget to accumulate a good emergency water supply as well.

Buying silver and gold is fine, but a good food and water supply is more important than silver or gold. I have been building a years supply of food for my family over the last three years. The food is freeze-dried and comes in oxygen-free sealed large #10 cans with a shelf life of 10-20 years. We have everything including milk, butter, eggs, fruit, veggies, meats, cerials, etc, etc, no refridgeration needed. Just add water and enjoy.

I don't work for or profit from the two companies I am going to recommend here in that regard. I have delt with both of these companies for several years and found them to be best in price, quality and service.

The first company is Honeyville Foods at:
store.honeyvillegrain.com...

The second company is Emergency Essentials at:
beprepared.com...

I can not convey how importsnt this could be to your survival. TPTB could initiate any number of things which could threaten the food supply or delivery of foods to stores. If it never happens, good! You still have food you can enjoy anytime. Good luck!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I would demand solid evidence to prove this threat otherwise I'd be thinking this is another scare tactic coming from the Govt to scare you in to giving up more of your rights.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

And as usual, the fear-mongering and boogey-man threats belch forth again from Janet Napolitano and the DHS squad.

So now on top of Wal-mart, hotels, and shopping malls, you can bet a DHS-sponsored message of fear and encouraged tattle-telling and paranoia will grace monitors as you enter your local restaurants.

Then perhaps we can get TSA-styled grope-downs to check us as we file past the cash register...

Because, of course, we are under attack everywhere we go! We need to be afraid, be very afraid!

But not to worry---The TSA will protect us! Just be good little frightened citizens and allow them to invade every aspect of our lives. After all, they are here to protect us from all those enemies waiting around ever corner.

The irony in all this is this 'investigation' should have spent time investigating the GLOBAL food terrorists---Monsanto and the GMO mega corps. LOL

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Very well put. what everyone NEEDS to understand is what our founding fathers warned us about!!! The GOVERNMENT IS the terrorist. It is not some faction or religion out there, it is our very own government agencies which were created WITHOUT the consent of the people, who are doing this!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT is a FACT.

If anyone disputes this, then the brainwashing you recieved has worked very well. Understand the physcological effect of ....Problem, reaction, solution.......is key to seeing WHO is behind it all.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Damn, it never seems to end does it? Terrorist this and jihad that. All in the hopes of causing confusion and fear mongering. Some people will do anything to stay safe.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
So, it has taken the terrorists 10 years to devise a different way to attack the American people....and it just happens to coincide with the draconian food bill....within two days???????? These terrorists, it's such a coincidence that they always pop up when the government needs them. I mean, truly bizarre coincidence, lol!
edit on 22-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Well I'd take my chances thanks. Next you'll be telling me how the PATRIOT act has protected millions from exploding.
Another scare agenda - TPTB are getting desperate.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Why poisoning restaurants en masse is possible...

People here jest by saying that we'll be checked TSA-style to get into a restaurant. A customer is not gonna waltz into a restaurant and poison the food. It would be too difficult to pull off and too time consuming to get at more than one restaurant. Insofar as this is "credible" (whatever that means), I would fault the total centralization of restaurants - even your mom and pop places. Why? Because every restaurant around you that is not a national chain uses one or a few local food distributors and/or Costco or other such bulk style stores (especially geared towards restaurants) to procure their raw materials for creating your favorite dish.

If you go to a mom and pop and order something fried, like a side of fries or onion rings, chicken fingers, jalapeno poppers, crab cakes, etc, they are most likely out of a bag in the freezer, dropped into the fryer when you order them. Some restaurants may make these things from scratch, but the flour for the batter, the oil for the fryer and the chicken (or whatever other thing) is all from the central distributors.

If you go to national chains, most are related under some umbrella, like Yum or some such nonsense, where totally disparate restaurants like Red Lobster and Macaroni Grill may, on the surface, seem like competition for each other in that local commercial plaza by your house (this is just one example - many otherwise different restaurants are part of the same parent company), they are really under the same corporate rule and as such a percentage of every dollar you are spending is going to the same pocket, essentially.

This also means that the food at these restaurants (such as Chili's or Outback) comes from a local company distributing warehouse, where the ingredients are almost always prepackaged, premixed powders, liquids and slurries (probably for right to secrecy of ingredients) because there is no real chef in the kitchen. The corporate head chef tested the newest, hottest recipes at the given restaurants testing lab kitchen and they chemically strip it down to it's essential equation, whereby the guy who keeps telling himself next year he'll go to le Cordon Bleu, has to mix ingredient A with C and F to make product X. The bean counters make sure it works smoothly and stays more competitive to really jam that corporate elbow into the gut of the independent, mom and pop restauranteur.

So, if you want to know why the food could be poisoned in vast quantities, look no further than the damned centralization process that has basically out-sourced the creative process to one small team of corporate "chefs" cum chemists. The local chef, to stay competitive with the nationwide crap-trend copycats has to then buy as cheap as possible to maximize his or her profits by buying from these bulk warehouses and distributors.

So, whether your conspiracy revolves around Islamists or NWO-folks - or my opinion, basic human egoism and greed - restaurants are basically set up (just like grocery stores) to have total centralization. Just think about this last few years and how many "scares" there've been, with peanuts, spinach, eggs, and so on. How exactly do you think that such recalls could involve dozens of states at a time??

reply to post by Whyhi

terrorists? ...no. Heartless fascists? yes. Thank you Monsanto for the reclassification of certain edible plants as weeds, for the fostering of monocultures - destroying topsoil and increasing the need for genetic mutation of the plants to be pest- and disease-resistant...or, to be cold-resistant, last longer in shipping, grow out of season and of course, naturally becoming "our-intestines-resistant".

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

What if the threat is real, how dumb would you feel when people start getting poisoned?

What could it hurt if people/hotels/restaurants are more aware?

America is not exactly the most popular country right now, are you claiming nobody wants to harm Americans?

edit on 20-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

Don't you get it ? Our own Goverment is behind ALL these Alledged Terrorist Threats . It's a Constant Non Stop Attack on our Liberties by Alphabet Agencies doing the Dirty Work of their Corporate Masters . Don't be so Naive , the Evidence to what I have said is EVERYWHERE ........

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The only sure fire way to eliminate a population is through its fresh water supply. Why bother with restaurants and salad bars ??? No terrorist organization want to destroy the entire population, they want to control the behaviors by installing fear. This "attack" on salad bars and the food chain is one way to get you all to panic and slow down or even stop your spending on fresh produce and take out food thus hitting the producers and farmers right in the pocket and in turn "forcing" the government to subsidize even further the existing farm programs and create new ones !!!

Look at the big picture !

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The sad part of all this is that TPTB don't really care that a minority of us are onto them (They have plans for us later on). They still have the masses mind numbed, brainwashed, and their critical faculties frozen solid. So as usual the majority will buy into it. And it wouldn't surprise me if they killed off a few thousand or more people through food poisoning just to get their point across. But I hope certainly hope it doesn't go that far.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join