It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erekat: 10 EU states will upgrade their PLO missions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Erekat: 10 EU states will upgrade their PLO missions

www.jpost.com

Chief PA negotiator says Palestinian missions abroad are a step closer toward becoming embassies of an "occupied state with defined borders."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
presstv.com...

Many countries around the world have recognized an independent, sovereign Palestinian state, as they have seen that the Middle East talks have amounted to nothing.

It is gaining momentum.

As I said before, France's move to recognize Palestine was a huge step, people argued, no, it won't change anything.

From what I have seen more and more European countries are recognizing Palestine.

What will the Zionist response be?>

Hopefully not another European civil war, because they are capable of many things the Zionists.

Anywho.

Thoughts

oz

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Pardon my stupidity, but please define a European civil war.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

What will the Zionist response be?

Depends how many anti-semitic Palestinians still feel the need to keep attacking Israel.

Hopefully not another European civil war, because they are capable of many things the Zionists.

Yeah, those damn Jews again...were you wearing your swastika when you wrote this?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

He's implying "the Jews" started WWI and WWII

~

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

The world wars are seen by some historians as European civil wars due to the long period of relative peace in the 19th century. I have also seen the World Wars combined with the Cold War and described as a century long, continent-spanning constitutional crisis. It's a pleasant interpretation of history that gels well with Pan-European thought as advocated by Jean Monnet.

And Whyhi, please cut Oozyism some slack. He had the courtesy to say Zionists instead of Jews, it is plain to me that he is referring to those few Zionist Jews who actually are in positions of power and actually did have great influence during the World Wars (the Rothschild banking family, basically).

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
Pardon my stupidity, but please define a European civil war.

Fighting between European nations.

Hence the start of WWII.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by oozyism

Depends how many anti-semitic Palestinians still feel the need to keep attacking Israel.

Why would Palestinians continue attacking Israel after their full independence, and the removal of Jewish settlements from their lands?

Isn't that why they are attacking Israel in the first place?

Yeah, those damn Jews again...were you wearing your swastika when you wrote this?

I'm not the one treating Palestinians in the same manner Nazis treated Jews in Europe.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

You do realize that ther is a differance between "Jews" and "Zionists", yeah?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Everyone seems absoloutely oblivious to the attrocities taking place today at the hands of Israel and Zionists alike. As a result of WWII you get dubbed and slandered as a Nazi or anti-semitic at any remark regarding the integrity of Israel/any Jewish person. Nobody defends me so dogmatically, my ancestors/family were targeted by the Nazi's in the war (the bombing of Malta) and the attempted eradication of the Maltese/Malta.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

In all likelihood, the conflict will probably continue. The Palestinians will not be satisfied with taking the West Bank as a homeland; it is a tiny fraction of the land that their ancestors inhabited, and is a small portion even compared to the Arab share in the partition plan of 1947. Independence will, however, prevent Israel from marching in anytime they please because it will no longer be seen as an internal conflict but an international one, governed by international law.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by oozyism

In all likelihood, the conflict will probably continue. The Palestinians will not be satisfied with taking the West Bank as a homeland; it is a tiny fraction of the land that their ancestors inhabited, and is a small portion even compared to the Arab share in the partition plan of 1947. Independence will, however, prevent Israel from marching in anytime they please because it will no longer be seen as an internal conflict but an international one, governed by international law.

Except that Israel doesn't respect international law...it flouts it as and when it wishes. I suppose it might give the international community more leverage, though.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
For those who wondered why Skittle asked how you would get a "european civil war", wikipedia has this to say on what a civil war is (yes, I know wiki isn't exactly a reputable source, but it's readily accessible):

A civil war is a war between organized groups within the same nation state, or, less commonly, between two countries created from a formerly-united nation-state.
(emphasis mine)

"Europe" is not a nation, it was not formerly a nation. It is the western third (or thereabouts) of a continent. A large portion of it does belong to the EU, but that does not make it a nation, the EU is better described as a PTA.

A European war, oozyism, might have been a better description. Civility is generally best, but civil was not necessary in this case.

Back on topic, Israel and Palestine have been beating the (censored) out of each other for centuries, why should they stop now?

edit on 19/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

If regarded as an "European war", would that mean European nations were fighting European nations?

If it does, then certainly it is a better definition.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yes, a european war would describe a war between european nations. Although both world wars spilled blood from non-european nations, thanks to dragging in soldiers from the colonies and alliances abroad... and because of Uncle Sam's general fear of communism.

new topics

top topics

join