It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Incest theme in Folger's Commercial?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

Originally posted by kinkykoala
reply to post by flightsuit

Umm, I have a relationship just like that with my sisters, and I have absolutely no desire to "boink" them, or they me....You may have some deeper issues that you might need to look into yourself OP....All I saw was a young man returning home from being gone a while and a happy sis to see him.

Sheesh what is this world coming to

Another person attacking me because of their own insecurities. Isn't it just as likely, if not downright probable, that you secretly want to have sex with your sisters, and that is why this conversation is making you so uncomfortable?
Well this comment by the OP to a comment by another poster explains it all,this sick c**p is all you think about.............................isian't it slick.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

She was holding the cabinet not her vagina. If somebody sees that and has a sexual thought. . . . I don 't know what to say about that person. I had to read the line that said "check out" where her hand is. I didn't even notice it when I watched it.

Some people have too much time on their hands. Other people are so busy looking for hidden messages they miss the neon signs.

you dont know what to say about that person, but you cant deny they exist, therefore you agree there are some people out there who saw that commercial and got turned on by the idea of the brother sister chemistry, so point is made, folgers has , likely unintentionaly, promoted incest, you say look at the big picture, well the nature of subliminal is the minor details, so if all you want to look at is neon signs then dont open and post in a thread about the topic of subliminal messages
edit on 12/17/10 by pryingopen3rdeye because: spellin

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Op, you must be from Arkansas

Nothing sexy unless you want it to be.

He may well have been going to kiss her. Its his sister.

A kiss doesnt equal a nasty shag on the counter

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
Thank you, Souljah!

To anybody who wants to attack me, just remember: If you attack me, I am going to assume you're doing so because you're guilty of harboring incestuous thoughts, and this conversation is therefore hitting a little too close to home.

I think you should take in to consideration the immense impact these commercials (And the entire medium of TV) have on many of us, if your conspiracy theory is correct. If our minds are daily and stealthily infected it's probable that anti revelatory messages have been injected into these people's responses, actions and, thoughts.

Personally this is by far the scariest conspiracy topic I've ever come across. (Subliminal messaging I mean.)
I thought the commercial in question is more subtle than subliminal, but judging by the negative responses in this thread only proves your point that much more Flightsuit. We're being divided.

Is it possible to undo years and years of programming with one thread?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

you must have a very dirty mind as I saw no incest or even acts of incest in any of those commercials. My god dude, please get laid! hahahah

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
WOW. Did you notice that the mother was waking up after spending the night with her husbands best friend!!

I also noticed there wasn't a family pet running around so the "sister" must have sexually abused it to death while waiting for the brother....

I saw nothing except a commercial showing a sisters love for a long gone brother returning home. If you read more than that into it I think you may need some help. Hopefully no young women in your family didn't send any signals that were misinterpreted by you.

Society is sliding downhill fast.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ
This thread is so funny. I don't know about the rest of you, but I sit just like that girl is sitting, with her hand between her legs, ALL the time, and I am not "touching myself" while doing it. It's either for warmth, balancing on top of a counter, or just plainly out of comfort. A woman can put her hand on her own body without it needing to be sexual. Especially in the context of this commercial, she's in her pajamas, in the early morning, in her own house, with no one but her family present.

Anyway, if this commercial was actually subliminally pushing an idea of incest, why? Why do you think Folgers has an incestual agenda in the first place? Is there some sort of basis for the claim? Because otherwise, it's just silly.

I agree i put my hands between my legs a lot to keep them warm. I have extremely cold hands, even in the Summer, and placing them in between my legs keeps them warm, when i drive i wear gloves. I have put my hands there in public, specifically restaurants because they always have air conditioning on, and it drives me crazy. When I go out to eat I have to wear warm clothes, even in the summer as I get cold. Maybe she was freezing, I guess it's not normal to warm yourself.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
I see a sister that idolizes her big brother. Unfortunately in the common American family, this is a rarity. The idolization seems a bit misplaced due to the age of the "sister" - if she were noticeably a few years younger then everyone would be able to see it for what it was intended. I think.

No, people would still see it as incest but even worse!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Actually from what I remember reading about non-verbal body language, people generally sheild their genitals unconsciously when they are uncomfortable, and not open with a person...which is what the girl seems to be doing in my opinion. On the contrary if she was flirting, then she would unconsciously have her legs a bit more apart, showing an "openness" to her reproductive area. If they were trying to show her as being attracted to him subliminaly with her hand placement , then they apparently were doing a poor job of it. Guys do it more so than women usually, but this is more of a cultural thing than a true difference in the subconscious behavior of the sexes, and is partly due to women's clothing such as short skirts, which make it so they have to keep their legs closed, else they....well if they are a celebrity then they end up with a "crotch shot" online, if they aren't careful LOL! If a women has ever worn such skirts then its not uncommon for them to be carefull how they place their legs, even when not wearing them. And if you have ever noticed how girls often sit, especially when they sit on something a bit higher up like a kitchen counter (just as this girl is) they will often (when wearing skirts) place a hand or hands just as this girl is doing to keep the skirt down, and from riding up her knees and exposing herself. Other than her hand placement, I see nothing to even Possibly indicate a romantic, or incestual relationship being implied in this comercial. There is nothing at all sensual in their looks, or smiles that I can see. Even their hugs seem appropriate. I think someone seeing sexual imagry here, whether subconsciously implied or not, has personal problems they need to address, honestly. Also using Youtube as an example of people seeing sexual imagry is not really the best example. Check out ANY video on youtuve. If there is a pretty woman, or girl...then there is almost always sexual comments made...just as if there is a video with a black person on it, there is almost always racial comments made. If you were to judge the world by the comments on Youtube we would be a world of Racist, Oversexed, Idiots!!! LOL!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well it"s been a long time ATS.

This thread sincerely amused me so here is my response to the whole thread that I have read.

I have seen the commerical several times now, looking closely.
My first reaction when not searching for anything was hey this seems a bit odd.
But the whole commercial goes prety fast so I could not put my finger on it at first, but let me try to break open the discussion a bit by just telling what I thought of the commercial andr analyse my own reaction and not what the commercial might be trying to tell me.

The only thing I can see the commercial telling me is that they play the roles of brother and sister and that coffee adds and is part of those special family moments. Reunions ect. Not sex sells, but the feeling of being mutually loved sells.

First thing I notice is that both actors are in my opinion good looking.
They both fit the roles of brother and sister with their looks.
The whole thing is over the top, but its about getting across a message. ( see above )
Nothing sexual.
But here comes the subtle interaction.

Here comes a man back from Africa. He seems gentle was probably helping people over there. Kind hearted but has some experience under his belt. Sister growing up in the mean time turning into a fine woman for sure. Looking up to big bro who the whole family at home loves. Their is sibling love from past memories, but they are still readjusting to their new interaction, after all alot has changed. At that moment their is that slightest recignition that the girl is becoming more sexually aware from both parties that shows in her expression and mannerism that he reacts brotherly to but also recognises as a man. No further inclination only recignition. Because they are playing a tender moment between loved ones the whole spectrum of their being and ongoing development is shown. They stay brother and sister nothing more happens. The end.

That"s the inside context explaination of what I was picking up on.

Besides that I had some framework and interpertations of my own that could brought me in the direction to believe that their was more to it.

I for one have no frame of reference for those age groups interacting with each other over a cup of coffee it seemed somehow out of place. At the same time it would make perfect sense were it a married couple or young settled lovers.

Second, quotes like "I must have the wrong house" - ( your looking unexpectidly good ) or "your my present this years" are in my experience phrases commonly used by people in romantically involved relationships as a way of playfully expressing their love for each other.

Now these are brother and sister and she is fairly young, but when I let go of that and I see a good looking woman sitting in her pyama's sitting on the kitchen counter close to me sharing a tender moment, with the sun falling in like that from behind. Then yes I would like to kiss her for sure its just perfect. But instead of seeking physical contact the brother rightly so seems touched about the love he is given by his sister and contemplates it for a moment.

The focus on eye contact meant to emphasis the deep felt love and apreciation for each other I also mind reference to romantic relations first before sibling relationships, giving me the imediate idea that something chemical was going on. And since that they are not actual brother and sister. Who knows maybe alot of ATS is picking up on stuff that has nothing to do with the coffee companie or commercial or even how the actors think about each other. Many of us could very well just be tuning in on the potential energy that is their.

This colored my perspective a bit. But all in all it seems prety harmless.
I even think the succes of the potrayal is what makes it seem more than it is meant to be. I am fully convinced that everything that was shown was thoroughly and precisely scripted to convey a certain deep image of sibling love.

Itt seems to me easy to confuse romantic and sibling love uinder the commercial circumstances.
Seeing the sexual current doesnt seem deprived or problematic to me.
Besides taxing each others sexuallity what ever you might be of each other is completely normal. How you develop sexually tells alot about how able you are to interact fluently with the world and people around you across the whole spectrum of interactions.

By the way.

I think their acting is prety and good.

edit on 17-12-2010 by GamleGamle because: spelling and something I forgot to mention.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I have to say if anyone thinks this is incest then you may need help, or I do. I sit around the house with my hand down my pants, not because I play down there, just because it is conferable. Am I screwed up? Maybe, but in no way am I into incest or am I a perve.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I also wish to point out that the OP is written as a.

Hey look at this, could it be? What do you think kind of way.

The aggressive personal attacks and swift damming conclusions that are made by various individuals who have been posting in this thread amaze me. It is one of the reasons I left ATS for a while. Not because I was being picked on, but I spend so much time reading personal attack posts by angry judgemental people that it became harder and harder to find those jewels of information.

Maybe I just got wearry after reading the same mean, hateful, desperate things every day over and over again.

Regardless, I think it would be wise of you OP not to react to aggresively to the forcefully opininated forum dwellers. The game is rigged from the start you only stand to lose by saying something because you feel hurt about the injustice you feel is being done to you.

Thanks for brining up this interessting commercial, maybe in the end it will go a long way for people to understand each other better. Cheers.

edit on 17-12-2010 by GamleGamle because: spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

My point is that such people are most likely projecting their own thoughts or fantasies on to the commercial. That is not a subliminal message or Folger's promoting anything. That is an individual with unadressed issues or fantasies living out their desires vicariously.

The bit about neon signs is very relevant here. There are a lot of people that go out searching for "subliminal" messages. Unsuprisingly they find messages every where the look. Yes there are some images used to coerce the public. However, some people spend so much time looking for the minute that they miss the large signs.

Commercials are an attempt to coerce you in to buying things. They will some times use images that are less than savory to do that. However, the big guys, the ones that want to make you a serf, aren't hiding. The guys from The Council on Foriegn Affairs, The Tri-Lateral Commision, and the other power brokers show up on TV. They walk on to "This Week" and "Face The Nation" with their allegiance under their name. Then they outline their program for screwing you while saying it is in your best interest.

People are so busy broadcasting their own desires and parnoia on things that they miss the neon signs.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ok ok, in retrospect, after watching this commercial at least 1000 times, i have to say this...
If i had known the true seductive powers of Folgers Coffee when I was growing up, I would have
personally delivered a cup to my sister, each and every morning.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xemplar

I don't know where you got the idea that my attacks on the OP was because of insecurities.

It's because I think its a joke.Think he is reading too much into a stupid commercail about a bro and sister.

That same arguement could go for the both of you.If u wanna bang ur sister don't play ur fantasies out in an add.

Anyz,don't get ur panties in a twist.I disagree with him and a stated why I disagree.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
WOW that is a bizarre commercial....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Do people not have wisdom at all left in this world.Common sense tells you this is a wrong message and is bizarre.What in the heck is wrong with people.Definetly a sexual tone to it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
What brother and sister acts like this at that age..Come on people..Listen at the script writing for goodness sakes.All flirty and they are both growing up into puberty.Common sense..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The commercial is not about incest.it is about selling coffee though a more sexual tone.The Script writing tells you everything that they are using a sexual tone to it.People are clueless..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I don't drink coffee and if I did it sure wouldn't be Folgers, it would be some of that Vietnamese poop coffee. Some animal eats the coffee beans and poops them out and they make some wonderful coffee from it, so I hear. I don't have a sister either... I always miss out on all the fun!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join