It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Cool if I don't believe in God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

are you trying to silence me or turn others against me ? I think I spoke with you in one thread before where you were defending 'Light'

do you think others can not do their own research and draw their own conclusion about me ?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Indoctrination?

Please explain.

Indoctrination yes, something that was not happening just 10yrs ago on the internet but now that is a different story and specially with sites like this.

Don't get me wrong I dig this site, I just am upset with what has become of the net over the last decade...

I want a Great Firewall like China has and I hope they clamp down the net so hard over this Wiki crap to the point where anyone running hate breeding sites are closed down.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am cool because of my leather jacket...which ironically keeps me warm at the same time.

As far as my atheist stance and my agnostic ponderings, meh...if you find it cool, thats cool..if not, thats cool also..makes no difference to me

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I was merely explaining the first sentence in my reply to this thread, in a post to someone else who asked.

Relax.

How can I turn others away, if you are only here to present facts and spread love, not to attack?

They can check out your other threads posted this evening and draw their own conclusions.

God Bless~

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by Hefficide
Are you cool for believing in God ?

why yes actually, being a metal head and all and being my fashion reflects that of the overwhelming majority of non-believers... yes I am cool for believing.

So,you are dressing like a Metal head, pretending to represent
the dark side ?when in fact you are a Christian ?
And, you think you are cool for doing so?
STOP WASTING OUR TIME AND,G-D's

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
reply to post by agent violet

The OP has started many threads this evening-

I am Cool if I don't believe in God

that Childish theory of Evolution

the Insanity of Evolutionist

Origins and Creationism

should "Evolution" be considered a sign of Ignorance ?

Character attacking thread titles
(this makes me chuckle)

Evolution is boring, What does it mean to you ?

The guy is just questioning his faith, and throwing a tantrum about it...
like when you first tell a kid there is no santa..he throws a hissy fit, stomps around, etc...eventually he will cool down and think logically, but until then...ya..expect more threads bemoaning his loss veiled as sarcasm and bitter resentment.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainGarden

Originally posted by Hefficide
Are you cool for believing in God ?

why yes actually, being a metal head and all and being my fashion reflects that of the overwhelming majority of non-believers... yes I am cool for believing.

So,you are dressing like a Metal head, pretending to represent
the dark side ?when in fact you are a Christian ?
And, you think you are cool for doing so?
STOP WASTING OUR TIME AND,G-D's

heh...didn't metalheads go out in the mid 90s?

do people still dress like that?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

that would have worked in a PM too

no problem I am just on the defensive and am hot I admit it

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

So basically you think that anybody who doesn't agree with you or says something that you feel is offensive should be banned/censored? Pretty pathetic, brother. The whole point of the Internet is to have a place where people can exchange ideas and information, regardless of what spineless individuals have to say about it. Basically, it boils down to freedom of speech/freedom of press. If those are principles you disagree with, I recommend you move to a country where such tenets are limited.

Also, you failed to explain to me how people are indoctrinated on the Internet. You simply stated your opinion.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

yes man they still do, Metal "lives" and check out all those potential voters in the mass crowds on the youtube concerts.

free-thought is being suppressed and that is what Metal Heads represent, that is a whole different conspiracy. I have not see one Rap concert on youtube with nearly the mass of crowd that the Rock festivals have.

it's still all just rock&roll to me no matter what they call the genre today.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
The whole point of the Internet is to have a place where people can exchange ideas and information

yes that was the point last decade, I do not think that people who do not agree with me should be censored no.

I self censor and choose to stop reading or not read at all what someone posts if I do not agree...

edit on 12/14/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

yes man they still do, Metal "lives" and check out all those potential voters in the mass crowds on the youtube concerts.

free-thought is being suppressed and that is what Metal Heads represent, that is a whole different conspiracy. I have not see one Rap concert on youtube with nearly the mass of crowd that the Rock festivals have.

it's still all just rock&roll to me no matter what they call the genre today.

This is taking a twist into the bizarre.
So...let me get this straight...you find that erm...thought is supressed at rock concerts, so you go there as some sort of poser to...?
and...?

man I am missing the point. so your saying you -are- a metalhead for christ, or your -not- a metalhead but want to erm...gah, nope, simply not following you here.

you take something tonight or what?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My ego tells me my views are more valid than a lot of other peoples, and why wouldn´t it? I am the only one who can control this physical body and must rely on my own thought processes and conclusions in order to be able to operate in this world. One way for the ego to prove itself is to disprove others. This doesn´t make me any more right than the rest of you, but try telling my ego that.

I think everyone needs to feel superior to someone. And if that is your aim, any reason will do. Atheists can be especially belittling, yes. And perhaps they even think themselves cool. I am an agnostic and I am horribly uncool.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

lol I just defend Metal too that's all, I don't expect anyone here to know me much, I am but maybe a month old posting here.

twist into the bizarre ? maybe it is because you are taking it there or trying... I was just replying to your post.

Metal-Heads for Christ, I like that analogy.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exodaria
My ego tells me my views are more valid than a lot of other peoples, and why wouldn´t it? I am the only one who can control this physical body and must rely on my own thought processes and conclusions in order to be able to operate in this world. One way for the ego to prove itself is to disprove others. This doesn´t make me any more right than the rest of you, but try telling my ego that.

I think everyone needs to feel superior to someone. And if that is your aim, any reason will do. Atheists can be especially belittling, yes. And perhaps they even think themselves cool. I am an agnostic and I am horribly uncool.

I really have to learn to convey my thoughts better to type...

Salute !

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I self censor and choose to stop reading or not read at all what someone posts if I do not agree...

So you are not here to debate at all, you are here to vent. You are here to vent and will only read posts that agree with you. That sounds like your sole reason to be on this forum is not to engage in debate, but to stroke your own ego and let off some steam "oh, why can't people believe in what I believe, ugh".
edit on 14-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
So you are not here to debate at all, you are here to vent. You are here to vent and will only read posts that agree with you. That sounds like your sole reason to be on this forum is not to engage in debate, but to stroke your own ego and let off some steam "oh, why can't people believe in what I believe, ugh".

if this (other sections of this site) are what you consider 'debate' then you obviously have not checked out the philosophyforums and I suspect you may have not been online even a decade to know any better. People do not debate here they talk right over your questions with long winded posts to bury the truth of your question or statement.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I can understand your attitude. I do run across many, many people who believe that they are cooler, morally superior, or just smarter because they don't believe in God. Of course, I come across something similar to this amongst religious people, as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

You are absolutely right. You really are. This forum is filled with mindless idle-talk and pointless "arguments" that lead nowhere and only end up in ego-masturbation for the respondents. I used to understand that before, but I let my perceptions be corrupted by societal bull-# and "too good to be true" ideals.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I read both of those last posts btw
Mr Fx is bordering on being self-censored though, but I still like reading his stuff.

get a load of this, I pulled 4 topic out of the depths in the origins & creation section just to prove point and they are tearing them up not even realizing they are years old posts, some from 2005 lol.

that Madnessinmysoul guy has got to go though seriously, he disassembles every freaking word you say like if you start your post by saying (the) he goes off into this long quotation and stuff about what the word "the" means, not even remotely related to the topic. Yet his posts get to remain even when complained about being off-topic.

ok now I am going off-topic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join