It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton reportedly agrees to pay Nigeria $250 million to drop bribery charges against Cheney, fi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I used to work for KBR in '06 when they were still part of Halliburton, and I can attest first hand that it is an evil corporation. My first week of being in Bagram, Afghanistan one of my co-workers died. He went to the medic station complaining of chest pains. Now, let me explain how KBR ran the medic station at the time. There were four KBR employees, three of them were Macedonians, and none of them were actual doctors. They were instructed to contact the military medics in the event of a serious incident. Anyways, the guy complains about heart pains. His vitals are taken and he's told he's just exhausted. Two hours later he has a heart attack. Upon further examination after his death it's discovered that one of the medics misread his vitals. Of course it sounds like a case of incompetence on the medic station's part, however this is where KBR/Halliburton's tendency to conduct itself as an evil empire comes in. They never told the cause of his death to his family. Several requests were sent by his family and they were all ignored. His family never became aware of the cause of death until a friend of their's was hired by KBR and came to Bagram 2-3 months later. Another interesting incident: millions of dollars worth of materials were stolen from the materials yard at Bagram. There were KBR workers redirecting shipments to places in Bosnia. Things from H2 hummers, to building supplies, to pens and pencils, and por-o-potys. Basically everything a person would need to build and run a military camp. Sounds like simple case of theft until you see mssparky.com...

Basically what KBR did was steal supplies from the government, charge the government to replace the stolen supplies, send the stolen supplies to Bosnia to start new camps, then win a contract to start new camps in Bosnia.

This company will screw you, your mother, the government, a host countries government, anybody who they consider dumb enough to buy into whatever they're selling.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Apparently George Bush Sr. was a part of the negotiating team...unbelievable!

Nigerian Bulletin

Govt drops charges against U.S. ex-VP Cheney, Halliburton – The Guardian

The legal and diplomatic methods employed by the Nigerian Government in its on-going efforts to bring to book officials of Halliburton, including United States (U.S.) former Vice President, Richard “Dick” Cheney may have yielded some revenue for the country.

Following the filing of charges of criminal conspiracy against officials of Halliburton and Cheney, fervent calls were made to the Nigerian Negotiation Team and correspondences were initiated by some former top officials of the U.S. government and Halliburton culminating in a meeting last week in London.

At the said meeting concluded on Saturday, December 11 in London, between Halliburton officials and Federal Government’s negotiation team, the oil services firm resolved to pay to Nigeria the sum of N20 billion as criminal penalty. Halliburton also said it would get the U.S. government under the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) to recover the outstanding $132 million, which is currently frozen in Switzerland and transfer same to Nigeria.

The said sum is the balance of the total bribe sum, which was frozen in Switzerland after the lid was blown off the bribe-for- contract deal, The Guardian learnt.

Investigations by The Guardian showed that these terms of settlement were reached after intense discussions in London between both parties, with former U.S. President George Bush (Snr.) and former U.S. Secretary of State, James Baker, joining the discussions via teleconference.
Source: Guardian Newspaper Nigeria

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
LMAO things keep getting funnier and funnier (and sadder and sadder)

A Bribe of 250 Million to drop charges of bribery?

You really can't make this crap up.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Reality is way more entertaining and dangerous than any movie.
edit on 15-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Did I mention that former President Geo Bush Sr. took part in the negotiations to have the charges against Cheney dropped?? How were these charges dropped? Buy paying "fines". Full scale corruption practiced openly and ....YAWN...no one seems to mind.

ABC News

"Monies were taken to off shore accounts at the expense of the poor masses of Nigeria," says Waziri. "The monies meant for development projects are the ones that are carted away, so we are the victims."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join