It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Film Makers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Members, have you ventured into the world of New Media, made a short film, long film, documentary, experimental, music video, youtube offering, vimeo, webisode etc.

Id like to see it! And discuss techniques, gear, lighting, editing tips, distribution, funding....especially funding!!!

Here is the first installment of our webisode made for fun and to explore green screen tech.

www.youtube.com...

Prizes will be awarded to the first person to correctly identify the ape guy.
edit on 14-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well done!

Nice Kong.............................

What did you use to do the compositing??

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsDisposableRazor
Well done!

Nice Kong.............................

What did you use to do the compositing??

I didn't edit the piece but I think we used Final Cut Pro. I may not even know what compositing is. I'm basically a producer and actor and have almost no experience in the technical side of things except knowing how use a camera and Tascam sound unit on a very basic level.
edit on 14-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Hey whaaaa.....

Compositing is when you bring all of the elements together. Like the Kong hand, the background and the actress.
Sounds like Final Cut was probably used. They did a really good job of putting it all together.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsDisposableRazor
Hey whaaaa.....

Compositing is when you bring all of the elements together. Like the Kong hand, the background and the actress.
Sounds like Final Cut was probably used. They did a really good job of putting it all together.

Thanks, you sound like a knowledgeable type. Please feel free to post up some of your work!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing & keep creating. Documentary is my passion. Here's a couple of clips from a mini-doc I did of a long-running but little known festival held annually for the last 35 years in Eutaw, Al.

A glimpse into the region that was once the very juxtaposition of gone-with-the-wind style plantations & abominable slavery. Where the demographics are 80% Black & 20% White, but where both work together to turn an infamous history into a future of possibilities. Cool place & cool folk. It was an eye-opening experience for me.

Full mini-doc here. Edited in FCP with motion graphics done in Apple's Motion. Peace

edit on 14-12-2010 by The GUT because: linky fix

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Fantastic!

Thank you for sharing a part of your world and bringing us closer thru available, to most anyone, technology.
Film, record and share.

Namaste

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Just a little bump. I was hoping for a little more participation.
Here is our Doritos commercial for the SB competition.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join