It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Imo religion is not the problem, it is mans interpretation of religion and how he chooses to interpret what the teachings of any religious scripture tells us, I for one do not subscribe to any one religion but chose to take the moral teachings and guidance that all religions seem to offer, IMO we could all learn a thing or two from religion as long as you don't get sucked into another mans interpretation of the said religion. In other words take what you will from the guidance and forget the rest.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

. Just because everyone is a sinner doesn't mean I hate them

Everyone is a sinner? See this is the idiocy i have to put up with, and religious fools are more than happy to giev you stars for this evil preaching.

If anyone wants to read my words i have been as honest as possible. Check my posts. Just remember i don't call people sinners, i don't cast aspersions because of my dogmatic prejudice. Because atheism has no dogma, we arn't as silly as to form beliefs of the creation of the universe without attempting to investigate them first.

If you want to continue to put trust in those who claim to know the metaphysical nature of reality then do so.

I'm out of here.

Good luck.
edit on 18/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Well, sin just means you broke the commandments of God. Since you don't believe in God, you don't believe in sin, but you can still sin if you don't believe in it, because our beliefs don't necessarily change reality. If there is a God, you have sinned, even without accepting it.

Everyone is a sinner. Ever checked out a woman's body or saw her in a sexual way while she was married, even for a split second? You have committed adultery. Ever wanted to have something someone else owns? You've coveted their possessions. Ever told a small white lie? That's a sin too. By those standards everyone has sinned, and will sin in the future, even clergymen. If any clergy man ever says he has not ever sinned, you can be fairly certain that's a lie. Everyone has sinned, perhaps except very small children.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Of course i don't believe in Sin, it's claims come from the metaphysical preachings of ancient man, You would consider a homosexual a sin, and therefore you would assume you are Superior to him.

If you don't think you are superior than a homosexual, then you truly don't believe in the Word of God.

I say this type of thinking is rediclous and immoral. The metaphysical claims of God and absolute moral obectivism are untrue. Emancipate yourself people.

I can't believe some people can live with themselves with these wicked and idiotic thoughts, have they no compassion or empathy with their fellow human beings?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Everyone has sinned, perhaps except very small children.

Don't sell yourself short, if you truly believed in the word of God, In Vicarious Redemption, you would believe that you were born a sinner, and Jesus died for your sins.

You see people, this user doesn't even truly understand his own theocracy but he's happy to cast aspersions on other people based on his childlike philosophy.

Please, i urge any one to watch this and take heed.

The Immoral Teachings of Christianity

Please read 547000's words carefully and what he is saying.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I don't believe I am superior to a homosexual. Only God can judge him if he's sinful or not, because I have no clue of the contents of his heart. I just know that the mosiac laws don't quite apply anymore.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

God has already judged! What don't you undestand about your own contradictory statements. You have called everyone a sinner, but your saying you're NOT superior to a homosexual?

Isn't a homosexual a sinner? "a man should not lay with another man" - If they are disobeying the "word of God" then surely you are superior for bowing down to the will of the master?

Please i'm yet to see you make an intelligent point or argument for your non-sensical moral codes.

You contradict yourself, all i have done here is speak honestly and make relevant points and highlight your own contradictory Philosophy. Yet you keep going, it's as if you know yourself that you are spreading absolute nonsense.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I understand what I understand and try to follow the Word as best I understand it. I don't know if original sin is true or not, but there is scriptural evidence that we must become like little children. I think Jesus was talking about the purity of children. I have distrust of the Catholic Church.
edit on 18-12-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Nice and short, nice and short. Please answer some of my questions, respond to some of my points.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Since everyone sins, no man knows his own righteousness. Only God knows every measure.

Jesus Himself said that the ones who've never sinned should cast the first stone. I'm fairly certain that just because people sin, doesn't mean we are superior, because we have sinned and will sin too.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

What nonsense.

Sins are subjective and decided based on the "objective" rules in the mono-theistic doctrines. Sins may differ from religion to religion, Well i ask, which one is right?

Is it yours?

Is it the Muslims?

Is it Ancient Greek's Zeus?

I can't take this preaching seriously.

Again, on sins and vicarious redemption, i urge anyone to watch this before listening to this faulty logic, unreasonable philosophy and biblical superstition.

YouTube Video

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Continue to spread this nonsense and i will fight it, and politely and civilsed, may i add. This is not welcomed in an intelligent debate.

link   

Have patience, it takes time for me to type up posts because I have a disability, and by the time I'm just finished with one post I see you've already posted another.

link   

Have patience, it takes time for me to type up posts because I have a disability, and by the time I'm just finished with one post I see you've already posted another.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I have had evidence of my own to point me to Christianity. Had I not I would not believe.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

No problem, i'll give you some time to respond to my arguments.

If any previous arguments are posed i will re-quote myself.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Care to share?

I mean i'm as open-minded as anyone, show me some irrefutable evidence in the name of your particular God, and i will grant you SOME of your preachings.

But i find it incredibly amazing that you put faith in your God, and fail to understand of the preachings of Vicarious Redemption - but are happy to defend it without understanding it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Everyone is a sinner. Ever checked out a woman's body or saw her in a sexual way while she was married, even for a split second? You have committed adultery. Ever wanted to have something someone else owns? You've coveted their possessions. Ever told a small white lie? That's a sin too. By those standards everyone has sinned, and will sin in the future, even clergymen. If any clergy man ever says he has not ever sinned, you can be fairly certain that's a lie. Everyone has sinned, perhaps except very small children.

Narrow thinking, and yet, sometimes we do have to narrow things down to pull anything useful out.

"Everyone" is a sinner, except for Jesus. Catholics would say except for Jesus and his mother. Buddhists might point out that such a thing would be irrelevant anyway, once one has achieved Nirvana.

Oh yeah, and small children. They don't "sin" either.

Well, I think the notion of "sin" is perhaps useful, to a point. Not in the sense that somehow a god could be offended (by anything really), but in the sense that we have the ability to recognize failings in ourselves.

The failings are "measured" by a "standard", whether we recognize it or not. No, it doesn't take a Bible, or a minister or priest to interpret it either. People recognized their failings long before such things!

What I'm talking about is simple self-awareness, in the small sense of one who understands that we all want to treated a certain way, perhaps with respect at a minimum, and therefore, such self-awareness implies that we "should" treat others accordingly. It's logic, simple logic, extending out into society, else, human interactions would devolve into chaos, and it doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

So we "need" religion to tell us this?

For those who find this notion odd, perhaps I could suggest reading what some of the ancient philosophers of Greece were speaking about, long before Christ came, and while the whole world around them was praying to various "gods", including the Hebrews, who's god wasn't especially all that different, demanded blood, vengeance, etc.

These philosophers "believed" in REASON, and logic, and used their minds to probe into all sorts of things. Science, art, ethics, government and politics. These ancients cared a great deal about the world in which they found themselves, and left to us an awesome legacy.

If a reader here doesn't really know who "Socrates" is, or Epicurus, or Plato...Look them up! Spend at least a small amount of time getting in touch with the roots of Western civilisation. It can't hurt.

JR

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I can't give you the evidence. The evidence only applies to me, because it was only for me I asked evidence for. I was an atheist on the verge of nihilism, except I turned back one last time before carrying forward. I asked God to give me undeniable personal evidence, if He was truly there, and set me on the path closest to Him. If nothing happened I would have decided for a final time there is no God and been on my merry way. I prayed with purity of heart and with all my soul, and since then, and now even, I have had experiences that not only point to the supernatural, but to the truth of the crucifixion, but you won't believe and will call me a liar or deluded, until something similar happens to you. I would be a liar if I denied Jesus is more than a fairy tale, as I previously thought. First you must seek God with all your heart and all your soul, and then you will receive your evidence. It's not about what you pray for in your head, but in your heart for, and even now I cannot pray as truly as I did that one time, because I follow my intellect and am not too emotional.

I defend the truth because I discovered the truth can't be known by intuition or what the heart tells you, or even what your mind does. After all, my heart told me a blood sacrifice wouldn't be the ways of a God, and my brain told me that it was all a fairy tale. But I discovered what I previously poopooed as a fairy tale was truth. I could be wrong about whether we are born sinners or made sinners through our deeds. I don't know that. And just because I despise the idea of hell doesn't mean it couldn't exist either. The only thing I know is that Jesus' blood washes away sins.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

As i've said before, despite your personal experiences and reasoning for your "faith" - Which is what it is, a belief without evidence, i still think the preachings of Jesus in terms of vicarious redemption is immoral preaching, the preaching of scapegoating one's "sins".

I don't feel bound to Jesus, if i was around at the time, i would have done everything to stop such a human sacrifice.

Although you save you have "subjective" or personal evidence for your faith, this shouldn't fool those who can't decide, or be a conviction in the support of your docitrine. Despite your "personal" feelings towards Jesus, you still can't prove he was the son of God.

See, i can even grant you the imaculate conception (virgin birth) of Jesus, it still doesn't prove he was the Son of God or that he could temporarily suspend the physics of reality (perform miracles)

For if he could heal people and was all powerful, why not heal the sick all at one. This kind of preaching and following is misguided and un-called for.

I don't think "personal" experience should be considered a strong point in favour of your argument for Religion, infact, quite the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join