It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Pleads Guilty to Making Bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Personally, I think it was more than just a "movie" that made this guy begin his preparations. This plays out exactly as I thought the situation might.

source

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Lol wth? He blamed on the 2012 movie? What character he is.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Another man goes to jail for hurting no one.

I feel so much safer.

Surely this is preferable to locking up actual criminals who hurt people.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

No doubt. The world keeps failing to refrain from repeating the past. The lesson about being condemned to repeat the past? It's true. . .governments of the world are having to repeat all the lessons of the mafia. . .that is, assuming there actually WAS a mafia.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

They'll label him a paranoid schizo, but KY's ruthless when it comes to "mental Illness", they rarely seem to believe in it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I hate allmost everything the government does. All the things they are doing is like an addiction. They can't stop. Innocent people go to prison all the time. It's ridiculous! People who are wrongly accused go to prison

This is just my thoughts on it.

But I really believe the courts need to straighten up. Our prisons are full. Half the people in prison just did a mistake, not really a huge crime. I think we need to put the murderers up for sure, but do the courts ever know who the real victim or suspect it is?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Another man goes to jail for hurting no one.

I feel so much safer.

You're absolutely right. It's much more justifiable to have an actual body count when deciding to lock someone up. Let's all build bombs because that's our God given right.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Let's all build bombs because that's our God given right.

What do you need bombs for?

*I've reported you to the ministry of homeland security just to be safe. I'll split the reward money I get from preventing your future crimes with you.

It is a good thing I reported on you before your "let's all build bombs" idea started to get popular. I am a hero. No one will be able to take that away from me.

I guess I should thank you for that, it was a strange turn of events to be sure.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

What do you need bombs for?

Bombs are useful for rock hunting
though TNT and blasting powder is a whole lot easier to get. All ya need is a master blaster license and some stubborn rocks

And no, I won't show you my stash

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Problem with that logic is that those kind of criminals might shoot back... so it's easier to taze an old lady fumbling for her ID on a road side, or bust a wanna be bomber than to go arrest a real bad guy (or a domestic dispute
)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
All ya need is a master blaster license and some stubborn rocks

Rocks are dangerous, Zorgon.

The government should ban them before someone gets hurt.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

The government should ban them before someone gets hurt.

Hey cut that out
need to sell off my radioactives first

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You guys are really ok with citizens making bombs?

I'm just curious as to why. Even if no one was blown up and there is no victim, doesn't the fact that a bombs sole purpose is to destroy or hurt people justify detaining a man who's built one? What reason could he have for building a bomb, other than to kill or hurt someone?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Not really, no... but on the other hand I am against laws that stop people from having a chemistry set just because SOMEONE may use it to make a bomb or illegal fireworks. I have already had to explain to the cops what my chem lab in the garage is for when one was snooping around looking for a crook (had left my side door unlocked). Next morning detectives knocked on the door wanting to check out my meth lab...
Got a written apology in the end, but cops always assume first

Point is though the bad guys can get all the info they need to make em... if your really inclined to do the deed, its not that hard... MacGyver showed everyone how to do the Oklahhoma blast with garden shed stuff...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Hell yes I am.

What do I care if some guy wants to blast a stump, blow up an old shed or car, lose a couple of digits or just blow something up because it's awesome?

As long as he has the space to so it and isnt hurting anybody let him blow up whatever he wants to.

Better get down to Walmart and lock the lot of them up. There are explosives all over the shelves from kitchen supplies to hardware right up to the black powder in the sporting goods section.

Pete's hardware on the corner is packed full of explosives. Send in the ATF to kick him in the face and confiscate his business in the name of safety!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
As long as he has the space to so it and isnt hurting anybody let him blow up whatever he wants to.

Sigh.... I miss the 'good ole days' when Bob Lazar and John Lear did the Desert Blasts... was a lot of fun... even had the ATF guy out there to play

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I love Hunter Thompson too, but I have a problem with someone making a bomb if they intend to kill someone with it.
I do not think it fascist or wrong at all for a man to be detained and questioned regarding their bomb making.

There are entirely too many lunnatics in this world with too much time on their hands to simply let this be an afterthought.
I agree that using explosives in your own yard for stumps or even for personal enjoyment is ok. I do. I enjoy destruction as much as the next guy, provided no one is a target for the blast. I just think that when a man is found to be secretly building bombs that there needs to be an investigation immediately. The guy in the article is a perfect example. He created a scenario in his head and built something that is capable of killing people. Who's to say that he wouldn't have created another scenario and used the dam thing. I hate seeing innocent people die by the hands of lunatics. There have to be regulations and rules that apply to these types of things.
edit on 16-12-2010 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

top topics

join