It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
like i said before, I consider ANON a bunch of terrorists, and if caught, treated as such

oh please, it's a bunch of kids and 20 something adults. using COMPUTERS. not bombs, or guns, or knives.

plus how can you call such loose group of people who have never even met, a bunch of terrorists. they don't plan. what happens is someone creates an infopic, on what the target is why, and how to do it.(anyone can make one of these anon posters, and give it a fancy name. there is no gurantee it will be sucessfull. you can have five to five thousand people taking part.)
and people decide whether they want to participate in the attack or not. some people will help with one thing while some will disagree and not partake.

It cant even be called a group, there isn't a headquarters, or a leader, or even members. it is anyone and everyone.
Would you call a bunch of people who donated money and gifts to a charity an organization?

edit on 9-12-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
reply to post by fooks

Same as in the war of independence.

Oh and uh, depends on the purpose. But you're taking things out of context, anon kids won't materialise in my house and take my pc away

edit on 9-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

That's actually a good point, nobody is going to remove your freedom to earn or do what you want so you can criticise those that are being hurt with impunity......... sigh

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you for your contribution to this effort. You will be grateful in the future when the freedom of speech and information is preserved. Your loss is temporary in this struggle for liberty and open government.

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by etcorngods
reply to post by jibeho

You would probably characterize the acts of the founders -- freedom fighters -- of the USA as "Juvenile Acts".

Our founders are rolling over in their graves right now.

Oh I agree. They're rolling in their graves because of what you have allowed your nation and government to become!

One of the basic principles was that the federal government should be limited, yet Americans have allowed it to grow exponentially, able to kill around the globe, ignore international law, control banks and business, collude with corporations for political gain.... need I go on?

This is a corrupt mess that the people are finally waking up to. Gradually people are seeing just how much control governments have over their lives through corporate interests.

Forget WikiLeaks for one moment and consider the second glaring fact that has been brought to light.
At any moment, for whatever reason, the US government can approach a corporate company that has exclusive control of an important aspect of your life (and the lives of millions of others globally) and take it out or control it.

Government intervention in banking was viewed by many as fascism. But this is a blatant kind of fascism that not one Human on Earth can ignore. The moment a government can control the action of corporations for their own political benefit IT IS MOST DEFINITELY FASCISM!

Without a doubt, the government controlling corporations in the way that we have seen is fascism, and it is global!

What do you people not understand about this? Why is it so hard to grasp. And why is it so difficult to understand the response of the PUBLIC.

Anon are the public. They run businesses and have online interests too. They are regular people just like you and me. And they have chosen to combat fire with fire.

The motto here is Deny Ignorance. For a site like this I expected more.

I'm all for a limited govt. power pal. However, the actions of WL and ANON will simply lead to yet another massive power grab. The internet is an unregulated paradise for all types of people and the govt. wants a piece of it. Period. There is money to made by all of our govts. by controlling and regulating the internet. The current revenue streams are drying up. Our govts. need more money to advance their new entitlement programs.

This set up will guarantee regulation and sadly Assange and they rest of the faceless supporters of this crap are helping to actually choke the life out of it. Assange has been positioned to put a face on the cyber terror movement just like Osama Bin Laden has been positioned as the grand master of terror.

People need a face to relate to because it humanizes the efforts to support or oppose a group or movement.

No one knows who these "heroes" with ANON and WL really are or where they are operating from.

This is all playing right out of the Cass Sunstein playbook. Just a little "Nudge" here and there is all it takes for you to inadvertantly invite the govt. into your living room for tea and crumpets. Just don't turn your back when you go for the milk.
edit on 9-12-2010 by jibeho because: add content

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wow congrats on having a business that rakes in thousands a day! Not saying any of this is right, but maybe its a calling for you to change processors. Paypal takes out a pretty big chunk!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal

Interestingly enough Paypal shuts down accounts causing untold misery without having to give any reason whatsoever. As you are no doubt aware in order to resolve any problems Payapl "encourage" you to telephone their helpline, as I recall the average wait time to get through to the help is around 20 minutes without before the issue is even discussed.

I don't know what the price of the call is to you but last week my friend was informed that he would be charged UK £1.50 per minute !!!!!

Karma ?

U.S. District Judge Jeremy Fogel of San Jose refused to dismiss a lawsuit that seeks class-action status on behalf of thousands of PayPal customers nationwide. A common allegation is that the company brushes off or stalls customer grievances for months and meanwhile freezes the customer's account and pockets the interest (So that's how they make their money!). No wonder they freeze so many accounts!

www.paypalwarning.com...

edit on 9-12-2010 by The Djin because: add

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
in these days it takes less then 15min to setup an account for a web based sales or a channel for transactions ,

if paypal is down you just add one of the others( must be atleast 100´s of them on the web) to your customer support,

Yes, but that will not bring the thread the recognition it so desperately craves.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes this could be another power grab using the problem/answer/solution thesis, but only if we allow it to happen.

This thread exemplifies why Stalin allowed certain criticism of his regime, as long as it was controlled opposition.

He called it a release valve.

They allow/promote the hackers to attack the money systems, because they know that we are dependent upon them for survival.

Soon all the internet commandos who were so adamantly against the government will be screaming for them to step in and stop this.
You are right, this militaristic mutation of the Hegelian Dialectic is as common a military tactic as divide and conquer, and all of the detractors of the actions of the hackers are a part of allowing it to happen.

I hope you all like giving your rights away so that you can make sure Paypal works.

All this talk on ATS is a bunch of internet commando BS and this thread is exemplary of this!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

oh please, it's a bunch of kids and 20 something adults. using COMPUTERS. not bombs, or guns, or knives.

Doesnt matter, their attacks have interrupted hundreds of businesses, caused people to lose money, loose goods or services, all collateral damage, what do terrorists do?

From Wikipedia:

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.[1] No universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition of terrorism currently exists.[2][3] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or ideological goal, deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians), and are committed by non-government agencies.

Now Cyberterrosim:

Cyberterrorism is a phrase used to describe the use of Internet based attacks in terrorist activities, including acts of deliberate, large-scale disruption of computer networks, especially of personal computers attached to the Internet, by the means of tools such as computer viruses.

Need I say more?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm truly feeling for the 'little guy' in all of this and hope any damage is surmountable. I get that enough is enough with the corruption, lies and manipulations from our Governments, and that the tide is rising to do something.

While I appreciate the digital sit in concept by Anon, payback is an insidious mistress. If I ask myself "who did I make rich or richer today" then I'm likely to stay away from big corp, and in doing so display the same motives as Anon without the collateral damage.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Simple.

Tell Paypal you support WikiLeaks and Assange, that if they don't re-open WikiLeak's account, you will find another service and replace them.

This economy is supposed to be run by the "market" - so get on it - exercise your "buying power."

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by zerbot565

many businesses go with paypal because of their longevity and reputation, there is many other paypal type services out there, but most are fly by night

There are others out there which have been in operation for years and are also just as trusted and actually offer a far better service to both the buyer and the seller. The only reason PP is in the leading position is because of advertising and financial backing.

As a person who owns and runs an internet business, the ultimate goal is to remove the use of third-party payment gateways like PayPal and implement a more direct and customizable system.

From my experience, PayPal is a thorn in the side of most online retailers. It's clumsy, limited, confused and completely useless when it comes to seeking advice, help or assistance. Their customer service (at least from the retailer side) is atrocious. The business pages on their site are a mess of dead ends and irrelevant information. Trying to find an answer in their online content is pointless.

You can send them an email asking a very simple question, and you'll get an answer. Ask them that same question a day later and you'll be told the opposite.
I actually contacted them twice in the last month regarding setting up a payment system for another site and they haven't bothered to respond to either email. That's despite them providing that email address for inquiries regarding a site of that nature.

Personally, I hope this will wake people up to the fact that they are at risk of loosing their business unless they have a back-up system in place. Every business should have a contingency plan. You don't rely on one payment method, one supplier, one host...

I also hope this will convince many millions of people to dump useless PayPal once and for all.

In the online world, eBay, PayPal, Google, Facebook, they are all too big and too powerful. They need to all be taken out of their monopoly positions.
If it takes a gang of hackers like Anon to do it, more power to them!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Cyber terrosism is mumbo jumbo. as long as there has been computers there have been hackers. you wouldnt call someone phishing/prheaking in the 90's a terrorist would you. no because it is a new term created by your goverment to scare you into letting them have more control and it worked

Diehard 2, now that's cyberterrorism. bringing down planes and stuff.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I see a very black year approaching for certain internet communities.

I see Anonymous kiddies crying to their moms pretty soon:
"where are our internet toys? The bad men have taken away our water pistols, all bots deleted all IRC servers closed... ooh who whoo whooooaaaah!"

...while Paypal and all other corporations will carry on with their business as usual, only that they will use much improved and much more secured network technology on a heavily cencored and restricted internet.

CaseCloser

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
Which is better: You not getting the money needed so you can indulge in luxury, or wikileaks releasing evidence of corruption, child-sex trade, and other obscene crap?

"Oh, i'll support wikileaks, after all, the reverberations of the scandals will not affect me directly. The world has the right to know!"

"Oh, i'm not supporting them anymore, since the fire is reaching my establishment, i'd rather live a sheep life, with my luxuries
"
edit on 8-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Paypal is how most people make money online throughout the world, and its not the wealthy who need it. This to me is the most ludicrous and unbelievable thing to do, it would be the same thing if one store fed everyone and because they closed out wikileak accounts this store was banned so the population died. The wealthy arent affected, so I don't back these fanatics either, because they're HURTING THE PEOPLE NOT THE FATCATS!!!! And you HURT THE PEOPLE YOU ARE NOT OUR FRIEND!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Didn't it all start with a few shots in Lexington and Concord?

Believe me, one of these days or years a tempest in a teapot like this one will "go critical".

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Same as in the war of independence.

(This is not directed at the original poster but merely quoted.)

Oh my, how sad you are. To think you compare yourself to the soldiers, farmers and business men who fought in the revolution and died on empty fields, in prison camps or had their limbs torn off by cannonball. You sit in your bedroom in your underwear like Homer Simpson, press a button and think you are a warrior so you go out and celebrate with a Slurpee. You are not a warrior because you have nothing to lose by entering the fight. You are anonymous. Your grandeur lives only in your mind. It is easy to be anonmous on the internet, therefore it is easy to be brave since you have nothing to lose. You strike a blow and expect no one to strike back, You are not on the front lines. You are in the background like an insignifcant little spec who has nothing better to do than get in the way. You want to show you have guts? Download the file, post where it is at, give your name, give your address, tell people who you are. Until then, you are nothing but a coward. It is easy to take a stand if no one can see where you are hiding. And if something bad happens to you, you can always ask your mommy to kiss the boo-boo and make it better.

I will tell you what you are doing. You are killing freedom on the internet. The minutes this hits Wall Street or our national defense system, the internet will come tumbling down. You will wake up one morning and find you are unable to get on site and must sit and watch your Oprah and Jerry Springer instead of browsing the lastest news. Your will be fed what TPTB want to feed you. And, you will not have the courage to fight back. You will not have the courge to stand and be identified. You will run and grab your mommy's apron and ask her to make it all better.

When the internet closes, to log back on, you will be required to enter a password issued by the federal government or by some other government of the world (perhaps the NWO). Those will not be that easy to get. You will not be able to go to other sources because the door will be locked without the issued ID that the governement of the WORLD will be able to identify. There will not be a back door. Your anonymity will be gone. They will know where your computer is at. They will know where you are at. You post something that the NWO does not want to see and you will be banned for life. Then, they may cart you off to one of the FEMA camps that people deny exist. You will know firsthand if they exist or not.

Yes, my little cowards, you are ending freedom in this country.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Been trying to warn you guys this wikileaks crap isn't what it seems to be....

It's going to clamp SHUT bottom up and top down...

I havn't supported wikileaks from the start.

The charges I do believe are made up by two revengleful women on a vandetta..

Thats who the anger should be toward, the two women who have played assange into a trap...

Collateral damage is still a double standard if you believe anon is doing "great" things, but the people in war that were collateral damage is wrong, butthat this is right.... It will never be ok for collateral damage, no matter what side your own..

Put down your keyboards, put down your guns, PEACE SERVE US ALL..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaseCloser
I see a very black year approaching for certain internet communities.

I see Anonymous kiddies crying to their moms pretty soon:
"where are our internet toys? The bad men have taken away our water pistols, all bots deleted all IRC servers closed... ooh who whoo whooooaaaah!"

...while Paypal and all other corporations will carry on with their business as usual, only that they will use much improved and much more secured network technology on a heavily cencored and restricted internet.

CaseCloser

Do you know where the internet came from? Do you know how the internet works? Do you know how a bot network operates?

Clearly not.

The US can do what China does and restrict access to certain areas of the internet. They can control the information into their country, but they cannot restrict the activity that happens on the internet as a whole.

I have little doubt that the US people will be duped into accepting restrictions (you're duped into everything else without so much as a dissenting protest). But no matter what the US or corporations do, they simply cannot stop the bot attacks. They can't round up and arrest the hundreds of thousands of people involved in the DDoS attacks because they don't know who they are or where they are.

They can target hosting companies, but those hosting companies will sink, and new independent hosting will rise up to replace it.
You can run a website from a bedroom. You can control thousands of machines around the world from a basement in Azerbaijan.

However you look at this, Anon wins.

It's up to the corporations now. They have underestimated the power of public opinion and the power of the internetz.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Question? How do you suppose the .gov will be able to protect the infrastructure of the internet if they impose draconion laws regulating its use? Answer= they caint. If the internet is restricted nobody will have internet,the infrastructure itself runs through every nieghborhood is exposed in countless locations and would be impossable to protect.

"Man will be what he was born to be,free and independant" JFK

All you cowardly sheep go lay down, leave this war to those who will fight. It has begun,it will not stop untill the people win. It may take years, it may get bloody but as always the REAL power is in the hands of the people.

‎"An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."

~Martin Luther King, Jr

‎"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain

In times of universal deceit-telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

The founders of freedom

Dissent is the truest form of Patriotism.
edit on 12/9/10 by nickoli because: sp anon ftw

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join