It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

somewhat in-depth introduction describing myself and why I enjoy the topics discussed on ATS. (pleas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hello all of you. I don’t know how many people actually read introductions, I don’t want to bore anyone but I do want to make connections. I’ve been coming here to ATS for quite awhile now …5 or 6 year’s maybe. I actually created an account around that long ago but have since forgotten what screen name I used. The reason I never tried to network here is because since the age of 19, I’m just about 27 right now, I’ve been traveling around down the east coast of the U.S. Indulging in all the chemicals, plants, and festivities I could find. Now I’m calmed down, stationary for the time being, but I’m sure that will change. I’ve been interested in all the things considered here since as far as I can remember. Through the years I have been very opinionated but also understanding, I’ll keep something in mind for a long time before I expose it, so as that I can express it correctly. I actually think that is something some people in our lives don’t consider.
As far as the supernatural goes my mind is open to all of it. Some of it I think is silly, not because of the nature of the phenomena or because it isn’t possible, but because the way some people portray things leads you to believe that they are in it for the attention or for some other mischievous purpose. That’s whatever though. The supernatural aspects of the philosophies I’ve created for myself, which can be very contradictive …I love contradiction …sorry to get off topic, I think developed during early childhood. I lived in Detroit in the early nineties and It was there I experienced something vague, being so long ago, but also very impressionable because I have carried it with me for so long.
The memory is of my dog Chaney and I playing on the side of my house which was in Suburbia somewhere. I saw what I thought was a fly the size of a bird, not moving or anything, just chilling on the siding. My dog started barking and I freaked out so I ran inside immediately to get my mother. Nothing big, I don’t even remember if my mom even checked it out afterward, I do remember telling my grandfather about it and he told me it was probably a hummingbird. But it was at that time that I probably started questioning a lot of things, A LOT of things if you get my drift. It was also around that time I was at my ex step fathers parents house. It was around October because there were lots of leaves on the ground, I remember them having quite a bit of property, and they were both doctors …probably not good ones …just rich ones. Anyways, I was out playing around near the woods and saw what I thought was a larger than life bee …like the size of a small squirrel or something. I ran but I don’t think I ever reported it to anyone at that time.
I have since talked about those memories quite often with people. I don’t know why my brain saw those bugs back then but in my memories they seem so real and I keep it because I think in a way it defines the way I think about the nature of reality …I mean that’s why we’re all into this stuff anyway right? That was the last time I saw anything like that, in that state of mind anyways …I thought I saw a UFO once when I was in my early adolescence but I was already into aliens and UFO’s. It could have been anything …it’s unimportant. I often thought that perhaps aliens abduction, which I have been passionately obsessed with, and things like …ghosts …religious experiences …UFO’s and all the sorts may all be the same kind of thing interacting with us.
This is just a thought, all of my opinions are loose, I’m just saying that perhaps it’s the subconscious collective of intelligence in its entirety, or whatever, trying to keep us or itself on its toes. I cannot get away from the thought that we may all be one weird being , like if “god” was a lonely intelligence that eternally continues to separate itself to become whole again. Like I said it is just a thought. For all I know Jesus really was hung on the cross 2000 years ago. Lots of people claim they keep an open mind to things but are picky when it comes to possibility. Anything can seem possible from the right disposition. Something’s are very unlikely, and debate is fun, but I will never again persecute someone for what they believe ...unless were talking about evil extremist sociopaths bent on control or manipulation. I believe the line of tolerance should be drawn somewhere.
But it’s like I said, I believe anything could be possible, I myself have only met what I can try to describe as trans-dimensional beings in lucid dream states or altered states. I really dig science, GR, QM, string theory, all of it. I can’t wait till we discover a graviton! The coolest experience I have ever had was in the woods with a lot of strangers using a religious sacrament known as Dimethyltryptamine. I love Star Trek the original series and one of my biggest pet peeves is people who text a lot, who have crappy songs on their cell phone, and who don’t turn it down during conversations. I really really really dig music, mostly all of it, lots of underground stuff, not really a radio person. I love to talk about that as well. I’m into lots more and hope to start making friends here. Sorry if this wasted your time completely. Peace.

edit on 8-12-2010 by BrundleFly because: disallowed reference

edit on 8-12-2010 by BrundleFly because: grammer

edit on 8-12-2010 by BrundleFly because: grammer

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

It's good to see another open mind on here. I have also experienced the "impossible" a few times, I've learned not to speak of some of the strange things, even those that know you, look at you like you're nuts, unless they were there too.

It's always good to get your wild side out when young, that way everything recovers better, liver, brain, etc.

I know this from experience. You're probably a more complete person because of the experiences you've had, and the things and places you've seen.

An interest in science is always a good thing, today's impossibilities may really be possibilities, after all we, and everything else is all mostly empty space at the subatomic level. The more we think we know, the more we realize how much we don't know. I also get obsessed with the unknown, mostly because I want to know! I hope when we move out of this life at around 120 years (unlikely age, just hoping), that we get all our answers.

And no, you weren't a waste of time at all. I'm surprised the late nighters didn't see your intro.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

new topics

join