It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Meteor over the UK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi from Australia

I noted that the colour of this object was described as "green." I recently came across an interesting analysis of a similar event in Queensland, Australia. The link to my post on this is
ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

Happy reading.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
ooohhhh.....

meteors....

www.telegraph.co.uk... hower.html

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I will be watching out for the geminids, I've heard they are brighter and more frequent than the perseids, etc.

I was lucky enough to witness a few perseid meteors when it peaked a few months ago - amazing.

The geminid shower peaks on tuesday 14th I think and my face will be skyward on that night

S&F

edit on 9-12-2010 by doobydoll because: grammar & spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
I will be watching out for the geminids, I've heard they are brighter and more frequent than the perseids, etc.

More frequent generally, yes, but the Perseids can be just as bright. Some of the brightest fireballs I've seen have been Perseids. Not surprising really since they are nearly 2x as fast as Geminids, and velocity is directly related to brightness.

Originally posted by doobydoll
The geminid shower peaks on tuesday 14th I think and my face will be skyward on that night

The peak is during the daytime on the 14th, which makes Monday night/Tuesday morning arguably the best night to observe them in the UK/Western Europe. Tuesday night is better suited to observers in the USA/Canada, but may also be quite good as a second chance to see something here in the UK.

Check out the thread on the Space Exploration forum for more observing tips

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I forgot to add - If anyone wants to make a formal report, you can find details of how to do so here

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join