It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IRS Extortion of the American People

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I'm by no means taking up for the federal reserve fractional banking style of doing things. I'm just saying I don't know if gold and silver standard is the key either. I love the sound of it, I really do. I think there will always be corruption no matter what government, or currency style we have. I'm sure even countries on the gold and silver standard in the past had problems with their economies too. Even America has had its economic troubles from time to time before 1913.

I mean what if the US. Decided to go on the gold standard? How much gold does the US have? I heard Ron Paul say we should audit Fort Knox, he doesn't even know if there's any gold there. lol

I don't consider myself ignorant, I just try to look at all angles here.

- Mike

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by hawkiye

I'm by no means taking up for the federal reserve fractional banking style of doing things. I'm just saying I don't know if gold and silver standard is the key either. I love the sound of it, I really do. I think there will always be corruption no matter what government, or currency style we have. I'm sure even countries on the gold and silver standard in the past had problems with their economies too. Even America has had its economic troubles from time to time before 1913.

I mean what if the US. Decided to go on the gold standard? How much gold does the US have? I heard Ron Paul say we should audit Fort Knox, he doesn't even know if there's any gold there. lol

I don't consider myself ignorant, I just try to look at all angles here.

- Mike

America relatively speaking had very little economic troubles before the 1913 Federal reserve act except for the revolutionary and civil war periods. And was quite prosperous leading up to the passage of the act. Of course there will always be corruption and the only trouble America had before 1913 were small regional fracas's due to corrupt local banks in an area or region and they were a joke compared to what has happened since the Federal reserve act was passed..

There was never a nation wide depression or recession until after the Federal reserve act was passed. Just 16 years after the federal reserve act passed under the guise of eliminating any boom bust cycles (caused by corrupt banks in thier local areas) we have the crash of 29 leading into the worst depression the world had ever seen and have had severe recessions every decade since.

Sound currency is proven through out history. Fiat currency has ended badly every time in history it is a mathematical certainty! We will be no different. This currency bubble is larger then anything ever dreamed of in history and our crash and burn will be greater then anything dreamed of also!
edit on 12-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join