It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UTTR, Utah

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by Bedlam

Just the facts, mamm, just the facts. When I write something is rumor, I say rumor.
There are plenty of real events to be researched rather than internet fairy tales.

Found this, gariac, wonder if it is what he is hinting at...
www.aliendave.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Any long exposure has a glow to it. I did this one at the front gate, but facing east:
night glow

As I expected, not a bit of evidence of radiation, just what the guy at the photo lab guessed. Doh!. [Actually relevant since Homer Simpson is a nuclear expert.]

The only thing of interest is the light beam. Lots of lens flare in the image. The light beam looks like a long exposure shot. The thing with these long exposure shot is they integrate light way off in the distance. It is best to have a day shot and night shot of the same image. For example, from the ET highway facing west, if you integrate (time exposure) in the right direction, you can see the lights of Angel Peak, the highest spot of Mount Charleston that is occupied. From Tikaboo, through a telescope, it looks like a town floating in the sky. Most of the light is from the youth camp (aka prison). There is also a facility on top of Papoose Mountain. [Rumored to be where heat signatures of test aircraft are studied, but no evidence of that.] These long exposure shots can pick up light easily from a hundred miles away. [With backlighting, you can see contrails over route 95 from the ET Highway.]

Long exposures are a good way to find infrastructure on the range, but skilled photo interpretation is required. I shot the area from Bald Mountain towards the north from Queen City Summit. You can see some facilities in the image. If I can dig them up I'll put them on a webpage and do a post.

The bottom of this page has a long exposure test done from the power line overlook.
look at the bottom of this page
Instead of a day and night shot (which takes a long time to set up), I did photography with moon light and without moonlight. A long exposure with moonlight is nearly like a daytime exposure.

I see Dr. Boyle is involved. That speaks volumes.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it is the new area 51. I do know theyre are many bases more secret than area 51. Bases that if you just want to enter you need security clearance and if You talk about anything you see,you will be put in jail.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

So did they have a geiger counter?

WE had them, afaik, the civilians on the fence did not, or they would have been less mystified as to what happened to them. The nature of the test was that gamma radiation was going to be the major product, we just weren't quite expecting the amount we got.

To say they got nuked is the kind of statement that needs instrumentation to back up. You don't suddenly get gamma rays from a government base.

In this case, you sure did. It was one of those Castle Bravo level whoopsies.

Often nuclear stories are spread as disinformation, i.e. to keep the looky-loos away.

In this case, it's not widely known. The guys that got remmed posted a nice web page about the "mystery" of their crapped out computers, fogged film, health issues and whatnot. It's going to be interesting in a sort of minor way to see how it works out for them over time.

Enough gammas to cause acute radiation sickness some---what? 25 miles out---is one Insane Clown Posse level of whoopsie!

Seems better/worse than Sam Cohen's bomb.

Hypothetically, can The Phaser Bank say sterilize a particularly unfriendly uranium enrichment plant and be plausibly denied in media accounts as a "criticality accident"? Obviously no transuranic actinides, but to prove it, they'd have to open up exactly what they don't want to.

Attack would have to be during working hours---daytime deployment a problem?

I guess we don't have to worry about anybody's BW program any more either.

Does it have any useful effect on ballistic missile RV's? Sufficiently aimable? range?

Does it have any useful effect on incoming carriers dropping off an army of Klingon Stormtroopers?

The CTBT says only in Article I:

1. Each State Party undertakes not to carry out any nuclear weapon test explosion or any other nuclear explosion, and to prohibit and prevent any such nuclear explosion at any place under its jurisdiction or control.

2. Each State Party undertakes, furthermore, to refrain from causing, encouraging, or in any way participating in the carrying out of any nuclear weapon test explosion or any other nuclear explosion.

I didn't see any clarifying definitions.

edit on 11-12-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

You can produce gamma rays with particle accelerators, but cyclotron in the sky is yet another joke.

Basically the story is disinformation. Feel free to poke around the border. Don't trespass.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

heading to the left there are stagered barriers and a concrete gate shack or at least it used to be. at one time there was no gate shack. if u continue on there is a hotel type place and chow hall and lots of scattered buildings and munitions area

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

i only know of one place in UT where they do this testing and its not at UTTR

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

im not buying this, where exactly were these gamma tests done?
base personnel would be assigned this equipment and anything nuclear in nature is covered by START.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You can produce gamma rays with particle accelerators, but cyclotron in the sky is yet another joke.

Basically the story is disinformation. Feel free to poke around the border. Don't trespass.

Often I agree.

This one feels real.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

what do people think are out there?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Can civilians gain access to UTTR , or is it strictly for military use?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rebel21

Civilians with a need to be on base can certainly get on base. This is true for any base, even Groom Lake. The Lockheed PC-12 has landed at Groom.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rebel21

military only unless you are employed through the air force, contractor.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
UTTR is a bombing range for the USAF. Been out there several times. Pretty low key. They also do disposal/testing of rocket engines out there.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by macman

Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

I don't know about that. All I can report is what I saw.

What are the times that you are seeing the UAVs?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Well now that its winter not so much because of all the overcast days and what not.
But during the summer I saw them quite often at night. I doubt they would do that kind of practice or operation during the day.
Of course I cannot prove they were UAV's but there size and they way the flew was quite weird. You would see multiple in the air at the same time doing exact paths and crossing each others paths with preciseness. Baiscally they were behaving like military craft but were not loud or big jets by any means.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by macman

Well now that its winter not so much because of all the overcast days and what not.
But during the summer I saw them quite often at night. I doubt they would do that kind of practice or operation during the day.
Of course I cannot prove they were UAV's but there size and they way the flew was quite weird. You would see multiple in the air at the same time doing exact paths and crossing each others paths with preciseness. Baiscally they were behaving like military craft but were not loud or big jets by any means.

I work at all hours of the day/night and will revisit this during the spring and summer.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

there are several firing ranges out there too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join