It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: ~75% of Muslims in Egypt, Pakistan favor stoning people for adultery

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Guys, this isn't just about adultery, how about the other so called "crimes" that the OP mentioned.

75% of Muslims polled in Egypt and Pakistan favor the following laws in their countries: 1. stoning people who commit adultery, 2. whippings and cutting off of hands for crimes like theft and robbery and 3. the death penalty for those who leave the Muslim religion.

I want to see someone come on here and try to defend this without looking like a NWO fascist that wants our basic rights (such as freedom of religion/expression) to be destroyed.

Do you honestly think that it isn't backwards and barbaric to be killed just because you don't agree with the status quo or the mainstream opinion/belief system????

If that was the case then all of us posting here on ATS would have been hanged or shot because we have "alternative" views.

We are the complete opposite of these people. Almost all of us (the people) here in the west are for basic rights such as freedom of expression and religion.

It seems sadly that the majority of these idiots want to have a "Religious" totalitarian system where questioning the status quo leads to death.

Doesn't it seem very bizarre that the majority of the people themselves would want such a fascist government where your basic freedoms are trampled on???

Isn't this type of Orwellian government the very thing we fight against here on ATS???

Can you imagine living under such a government???

edit on 7-12-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If this were true, many shieks would have been stoned to death for their sexual 'exploits'.
What works for one class should work for the next.
"Never take from another that which the other is not freewilled to give."
Love is not the issue but rather the cause.
no?
edit on 49pm00082112831201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
To them it's a religious no no. Mind you how do they view us who give a murderer 4 1/2 years and let him out after only 26 months?

Where is our justice in that case?

And we kill unborn babies legally and pay people to do it.

Where's our humanity in that?

I don't agree with stoning either but you can't say we are perfect either.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Who hasn't caught there wife in bed with another man and felt like pelting her with a rock. I think this law sounds GREAT!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sakokrap

Lol! In a slave state everyone is a criminal. If a collective wish to define moral values to the enfranchised and articulate punishments for violations, that's called a "justice system".

What if a collective defines that "You cannot have liberty to do something which threatens others, and you also cannot have liberty to endanger others by NOT doing something that prevents the threat they face, while being easily able to do it". Its no longer a justice system?

Both a & b require violent force enforcement. If the neighborhood says, "you know what, I'm not going to go to work so that you can steal from me and give it to criminals

Well, if he chooses to being unemployed and live in extreme povetry (maybe get food stamps from the collective, thats all), as opposed to getting a job and living more wealthy life (and giving some part of this wealth to help the needy and pay those food stamps) his call, I have no problem with it.But if the difference between welfare and wages is set wide enough, overwhelming majority of people would not choose your option, as evidenced by empirical observations around the world.

These are your prison guards, your secret police, your uniformed tax collectors and your intelligence network...

Lol. I need tax collectors and normal police which I would have to pay either way (unless you want Somalia). Thats all.

Lol! This coming from a fella who suggested killing every man, woman and child because of super firepower?! Lol! At least I'm willing to give them a shot at making it.

I already said it was obviously only sarcasm to show what atrocities the opponents logic allows, why are you bringing this up again? Read the following post . Strawman.

You're opening a huge can of worms with that statement. Are the products/services created by the prisoners for sale on the common market? If so, are there price controls? Do slaves earn a wage/salary?

Yes, yes, yes (limited of course). Prisoners receiving benefits, or even getting their time shortened for public work (collecting garbage..) or education are common all over the world, I dont know why are you equating it with Gulags. They can always choose not to work, but wont receive benefits, thats not slavery, slavery is FORCING people to work, not MOTIVATING people to work.

Even in Pakistan and Egypt, the car thief doesn't have to suffer slavery. Personally, I'd rather lose a hand than spend time in your suggested Gulag.

Wow. Your call, but I think it would be crazy, and if it was for real, I think you will quickly change your opinion and choose imprisonment for a year or so in my "gulag" than loosing a limb permanently. Its very easy to be a hero on an internet forum.

Odd that you believe humans are not wild animals- especially after promoting wholesale genocide, resource wars, enslavement and parasitism.

I have never promoted genocide (that was debunked above) and resource wars (where??), and if you mean helping those who have no other option by enslavement and parasitism, then yes, I support it, it actually sets us apart from wild animals.

You do understand that your use of the word "ensure" is violent in nature. Just like Egypt "ensuring" adulterers are brought to justice. Wouldn't your "ensure" also be synonymous with "barbarism"?

If you get attacked, you can also ensure that the attacker stops the attack, to prevent you or other people dying or being harmed. Is the word "ensure" no longer violent in nature? Isnt it synonymous with barbarism?

I answer it for you - it is still violent, but its not barbaric, because its defensive violent act. Just like ensuring that those who are easily able to provide help for those who urgently need it do so is defensive violent act, since the alternative (doing nothing) is people dying or being harmed.

4. You support the slaughter of people considered "other" to you without regard to innocence/guilt

Again the abovementioned strawman.

Certainly, I can't read your sarcasm unless you're going to use the liberally

I didnt use
because I wanted to catch my opponent arguing against his own logic. Well, he had not swallowed it, but it worked on you perfectly, even after I explained the intent in the following post.

Sounds a lot like what is happening in Egypt and Pakistan...

Wowlulz, I come up with basic welfare state for disabled and outlawing the liberty to not provide urgent help (hospital emergency, basic lifesaving welfare) and you come up with Egypt and Pakistan? What about USA, Canada, the whole western Europe, scandinavian social democracies, even my country, Slovakia etc...
Hell, show me one state where it is NOT like that, and its not a third world country without running water.

Your world, like Egypt and Pakistan, would have seemingly drastic punishments and plenty of police to "ensure" the proper function and role of the proletariat.

If you think western Europe and scandinavian states are such countries, grab some education.

Hey man, it's kind of still a free country, so I'm glad you're getting a chance to share your vision, but personally I would be forced to take up arms against a regime that would either throw me and my family in a labor camp for just being alive...

Another strawman.

either that, or I'd have to move far, far away and watch the smoke on the horizon.

Well, the only country I know which does not have the things I enumerated is maybe Somalia. I hope you are on your way there already, its gonna be wonderful.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Surprising result! Pakistani and Egyptian Muslims would be the first to join a swingers club if an opportunity arose!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusChristSr

Feel like doing something and actually doing it are two completely seperate things.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Egypt and Pakistan...75% of Muslims favor stoning (Women) for adultery.

Specifically...
Egypt...82%
Jordan...70%
Pakistan...82%

Ironic these are our allies in the region...

Furthermore...
More than half of those MUSLIMS surveyed in Turkey, Lebanon and Indonesia OPPOSE the stoning of adulterers.

84% of Muslims in Turkey Oppose stoning adulterers.

There are a lot of ways to interpret the numbers...See the actual poll here.

pewglobal.org...-jump

In Egypt...94% of the population is Muslim
Pakistan...98%
Jordan 98%

In Turkey...where 84% of Muslims oppose stonings...98% of the population is Muslim.

Muslim does not equal stonings...

WHY the difference amongst nations...that is what we have to figure out

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join