It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec. 03 CNN poll shows 86% believe life exists on other planets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You need to invest in a sarcasm detector...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
As an artist creates works of beautiful and strange looking art and our Creators have created strange and beautiful lifeforms throughout the multitude of galaxies as well as other Universes. We are not alone and have never been alone in this Milky Way Galaxy as well as our Solar System. What will surprise humanity is when mankind reaches out and travels further into our Galaxy and will find that lifeforms are the norm instead of being the rarity. ^Y^
edit on 3-12-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

whew! i was gonna say..........! if anything, creationists tend to have a wide range of beliefs on this topic. and they certainly are at least open minded enough to consider it, even if they can't see it at this very moment (as compared to people who don't believe anything, unless it's right in front of their eyes, with an affidavit from einstein and darwin and a DNA sample!)!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Would it have been better if I had said New Earth Creationists???

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by undo

Would it have been better if I had said New Earth Creationists???

markedly.
and thank you for the "duh" smiley. i will return the sentiment with this:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Does life exist on other planets?
With some degree of certainty, I say yes.

Do extraterrestrials pilot UFOs?
With some degree of certainty, I say no. All logical reasoning points to man-made technology.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

newsflash, hot from the wire (at least 10 years ago):

faster than light travel is possible.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think you misunderstand me. I believe there is life as well as intelligent life in the universe beyond earth.

The Ancient Astronaut theory, and UFO sightings, and the media blitz on aliens... I believe it's all part of an orchestrated propaganda to make us believe. False-Flag alien invasion to usher in the NWO.

UFOs: Highly advanced man-made technology

Greys: If they are real, possibly the end result of human genetic experiments

I have no proof of my claims, its just more probable in my mind than actual extraterrestrials.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

With some degree of certainty, I say no. All logical reasoning points to man-made technology.

Nah, all logical reasoning doesn't point to that. How do you figure it does?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Chalk me up as a 86%er

Same here. But...

Looks like closed mindedness may be coming to a close

It is no more closed-minded to believe we are alone as it is open-minded to believe we are not. Open and closed-mindedness have nothing to do with particular beliefs but a willingness to accept evidence for a contrary position and change your mind accordingly.

Neil Degrasse Tyson is Sinbad the Comedian of the scientific community, he is a likable guy but seems to want to appease the mandated denial of Aliens by our institutions.

How do you get from those videos to this statement?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Does life exist on other planets?
With some degree of certainty, I say yes.

I have a bit of logical reasoning that points to alien piloted UFOs.

UFOs have been known to travel at phenomenal speeds, so fast, you cannot even see them; instead you only see the direction they travel towards for a few milliseconds when the pilots decides to take off.. It would be reasonable to assume that these UFOs are not affected by gravity as this would be impossible for a gravity tethered craft to achieve, as it would be instantly shredded. If Aliens are capable of breaking the gravity barrier, would it be unreasonable to assume that they may have broken other barriers as well? Perhaps, exploiting quantum tunneling to cheat the light barrier? This concept sounds even more reasonable when you figure there are probably civilizations *puts pinky to lip* millions, maybe even 100s of millions of years more advanced than us out there, considering the age of the universe (perhaps even billions).

There are literally 10s of thousands of different UFO shapes in the witness reports, if not 100s of thousands. Some UFOs being reported by high ranking former military officials, airline pilots, fighter pilots to be enormous in size. I'm talking miles in length. Would it be reasonable to assume humans, even all countries put together, have anywhere close to those resources? The United States struggles to get a new plane out every 10 years or so. Let alone thousands of UFOs in 60 years.

I could go on and on, but my breakfast is getting cold...
edit on 4-12-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
The High 50s number was probably for intelligent life:

Do you think there is intelligent life somewhere in the universe other than earth?

Yes 54% - No 32% - Not Sure 14%

What is interesting is what people's expectations of such intelligent life would be. According to one poll...

Maclean's magazine found that 42 percent of Canadians expect we shall discover alien civilizations within at most 50 years, and 17 percent say the aliens will look like humans. (Ottawa Citizen, Aug.12, 1999, front page: "Professor predicts first contact with aliens some time next century.")

skeptics.org

Originally posted by undo
the other 14% are guys like the gentlemen from skeptics.org.

What exactly on skeptics.org are you referring to?
edit on 4-12-2010 by WingedBull because: poor grammar.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have no tangible proof, neither do you. Please take some time and address each point.

• Today believers in extraterrestrials have nothing more than eye-witness testimony, and inconclusive photos and video. This barely proves the existence of extraterrestrial life visiting earth. This is the same evidence as provided by people of every religion whether they are seeing angels, Mary, god, Jesus, or any other aspect of their religion. The same evidence provided by Bigfoot and Nessie enthusiasts. Same evidence for ghosts, spirits, and extra-dimensional entities.

• Even though military personnel gave eye-witness testimony of UFOs, I still don't buy it as proof of aliens. The late William Cooper once raved on and on about extraterrestrials. He even spoke of his own personal experiences while enlisted in the US Navy. But shortly before his assassination he changed his view and proclaimed False-Flag alien invasion, and that everything was man-made for the NWO plan. |He was alive for years spewing alien propaganda, but as soon as he changed his beliefs he was assassinated. He was left alone propagating aliens because it fit the agenda, then when he spoke truth he was murdered.

• UFOs traveling at break neck speed doesn't point to extraterrestrials either. These high speed UFOs could very well be UAVs.

• I do not trust the media. I do not trust television, newspapers, or reporters. I believe that everything in the media is propaganda and conditioning. I do not trust it. I believe it all has purpose, and an ulterior agenda. When I see the media trying to condition a way of thinking, I automatically believe the opposite of when they are propagating. Ancient Astronauts, all of the alien movies, television shows, cartoons.... this huge media blitz about aliens that never existed before. My distrust for the media makes me believe opposite. In all aspects you are safer and more inline with truth when you go against television propaganda... you guys know this but ignore it now on this topic?

• I do not trust the government. Everything they do is a manipulation to rule us, pacify us, brainwash us, and condition us. The fact they are currently jumping on the alien band wagon makes me believe it less.

• The Vatican starts to talk about extraterrestrials and it gives you guys more belief in aliens? Last time I checked, I thought the Vatican was compromised and no longer a Holy institution in the name of Jesus... but rather a political power structure bent on world domination. The fact they jumped on the band wagon of aliens makes me believe aliens even less.

• If aliens were visiting the planet, we would not have to wait for our governments to tell us. The aliens would just land, make some grand appearance and make themselves very known. If they did not want to be seen, they would turn their lights off at night... even gang--bangers know this tactic of stealth. If aliens wanted to take a hands off approach and just observe, they would do a better job at hiding!

• If extraterrestrials are real and so advanced, and been visiting us for millennium... why haven't they landed on a huge scale yet? Are they helping us or observing us? Observation is best done when the observed is not aware of the observer. If they were helping us and been here forever, they would have stopped the world wars or nuclear bombs.

• If Ancient Astronaut theory was correct, why are the "aliens" still abducting people today? I would assume they know everything about us with their advanced knowledge of our structural being. They could put our DNA in their machines and run simulations and calculations the way we do.

• How fast were the nuclear bombs and stealth fighters developed once funding started? Pretty dam quick!! All these decades later... all of the insanely massive funding... and all of the secrecy... do you really believe the US only has the old out-dated conventional aircraft and technology?

• If greys are real: All of the funding into plant and animal gene manipulation... do you really believe no one has tampered with the human genome in some hidden facility that will never see the light of day? If grey are real, I believe them to be human genetic experiments.

• We have been warned decades upon decades ago of a false-flag alien invasion. Everything these warners told us is coming true now. They told us we would see more signs in the sky. They said governments would start to talk about it. They said we would be hit by media conditioning from every angel to make us believe in aliens. The warners told us that it is the path to the NWO. And now we see all of this coming true and we also see more evident fingerprints of the NWO than ever before. NO WAY is this coincidence!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I have no tangible proof, neither do you. Please take some time and address each point.

• Today believers in extraterrestrials have nothing more than eye-witness testimony, and inconclusive photos and video. This barely proves the existence of extraterrestrial life visiting earth. This is the same evidence as provided by people of every religion whether they are seeing angels, Mary, god, Jesus, or any other aspect of their religion. The same evidence provided by Bigfoot and Nessie enthusiasts. Same evidence for ghosts, spirits, and extra-dimensional entities.

• Even though military personnel gave eye-witness testimony of UFOs, I still don't buy it as proof of aliens. The late William Cooper once raved on and on about extraterrestrials. He even spoke of his own personal experiences while enlisted in the US Navy. But shortly before his assassination he changed his view and proclaimed False-Flag alien invasion, and that everything was man-made for the NWO plan. |He was alive for years spewing alien propaganda, but as soon as he changed his beliefs he was assassinated. He was left alone propagating aliens because it fit the agenda, then when he spoke truth he was murdered.

• UFOs traveling at break neck speed doesn't point to extraterrestrials either. These high speed UFOs could very well be UAVs.

• I do not trust the media. I do not trust television, newspapers, or reporters. I believe that everything in the media is propaganda and conditioning. I do not trust it. I believe it all has purpose, and an ulterior agenda. When I see the media trying to condition a way of thinking, I automatically believe the opposite of when they are propagating. Ancient Astronauts, all of the alien movies, television shows, cartoons.... this huge media blitz about aliens that never existed before. My distrust for the media makes me believe opposite. In all aspects you are safer and more inline with truth when you go against television propaganda... you guys know this but ignore it now on this topic?

• I do not trust the government. Everything they do is a manipulation to rule us, pacify us, brainwash us, and condition us. The fact they are currently jumping on the alien band wagon makes me believe it less.

• The Vatican starts to talk about extraterrestrials and it gives you guys more belief in aliens? Last time I checked, I thought the Vatican was compromised and no longer a Holy institution in the name of Jesus... but rather a political power structure bent on world domination. The fact they jumped on the band wagon of aliens makes me believe aliens even less.

• If aliens were visiting the planet, we would not have to wait for our governments to tell us. The aliens would just land, make some grand appearance and make themselves very known. If they did not want to be seen, they would turn their lights off at night... even gang--bangers know this tactic of stealth. If aliens wanted to take a hands off approach and just observe, they would do a better job at hiding!

• If extraterrestrials are real and so advanced, and been visiting us for millennium... why haven't they landed on a huge scale yet? Are they helping us or observing us? Observation is best done when the observed is not aware of the observer. If they were helping us and been here forever, they would have stopped the world wars or nuclear bombs.

• If Ancient Astronaut theory was correct, why are the "aliens" still abducting people today? I would assume they know everything about us with their advanced knowledge of our structural being. They could put our DNA in their machines and run simulations and calculations the way we do.

• How fast were the nuclear bombs and stealth fighters developed once funding started? Pretty dam quick!! All these decades later... all of the insanely massive funding... and all of the secrecy... do you really believe the US only has the old out-dated conventional aircraft and technology?

• If greys are real: All of the funding into plant and animal gene manipulation... do you really believe no one has tampered with the human genome in some hidden facility that will never see the light of day? If grey are real, I believe them to be human genetic experiments.

• We have been warned decades upon decades ago of a false-flag alien invasion. Everything these warners told us is coming true now. They told us we would see more signs in the sky. They said governments would start to talk about it. They said we would be hit by media conditioning from every angel to make us believe in aliens. The warners told us that it is the path to the NWO. And now we see all of this coming true and we also see more evident fingerprints of the NWO than ever before. NO WAY is this coincidence!

I do not doubt your viewpoint as i also do not trust the most of the world's governments anymore, however i believe there is still good out there, in all levels of society and power. Unfortunately it seems that there is still conflicts going on, both externally (what we see) and internally (what we never or rarely hear of). I do not believe that this issue of power is as one sided as you believe, for if it was then i doubt the supposed "NWO" and " Illuminati" would still be laying down the chess pieces, but rather this'd all be out in the open already and there'd be nothing we could do. Same goes for most to all aliens being bad, as that would warrant the same kind of action (whatever that action may entail).

I believe that there is a balanced struggle going on, as all the evidence of tug and pull going on around us seems to suggest precisely this. When i look at the world and beyond today, i do not see a one sided governmental take over nor a grand alien mass help line. What i see today is a world that is trying to decide what it is, and where it should go next. What i see is Yin and Yang. Balance is a law of the universe after all ^_^.

Hope that helps.

"What i see today is a world that is trying to decide what it is, and where it should go next." This is the main point i try to make here, take it or leave it ^_^.
edit on 4-12-2010 by HanyouSpirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HanyouSpirit

I do not believe things are clear, simple, and clean cut. I don't presume to know the top power structure of earth. But to me it just seems more rational, more logical that extraterrestrials piloting these UFOs is a false and created illusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join