It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unicorn Cow Discovered in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This cow looks like half unicorn it has a single horn sticking out of its head. Is this some kind of genetic throw back from unicrons or something..

www.gearlog.com...

kx

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Holy Cow!!!

I couldn't resist

cj6

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Quick make a wish!!!

That thing is wicked! Unicorn cows? Whats next? A pig-bear-man? Mybad i mean man-bear-pig

Nice find

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Strange looking bugger. Probably just a genetic anomaly. Cows occasionally have extra teats, sometimes (rarely) even legs. But this seems pretty rare. The only other ruminate that Ive ever heard of having a horn like prjection from their forehead is a giraffe.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Not trying to be technical but the cow really can't be called a unicorn. ti has three horns so it really would be called a Tricorn

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a unicow...how interesting.

yep...this is evolution...breed it and maybe it will pop out a whole new species to be cataloged.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starrunner
Not trying to be technical but the cow really can't be called a unicorn. ti has three horns so it really would be called a Tricorn

no, your thinking of a unihorn

the middle horn is a corn...because its magical

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
This cow looks like half unicorn it has a single horn sticking out of its head. Is this some kind of genetic throw back from unicrons or something..

www.gearlog.com...

kx

I don't know if it's real or not but I do know a dairy farmer in New Hampshire who has a bull with one horn. Maybe the two should get together???

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I absolutely love this...ATS is always there to make me laugh when i need it the most...
This is a good distraction from all the other crap going on ..S&F!! Thanks for posting!!

I've always been a big fan of unicorns so i really enjoy seeing stuff like this...wish there were more posts in this forum with pictures, its one of my favorite forums.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I reckon it's probably developmental - perhaps chimaeric embryos or something.

If it does turn out to have a genetic basis, I think we can rest assured that there will soon be a breed of cows suffering from all manner of cancers and malformations, but the minor drawbacks of inbreeding won't matter because they'll have a pretty third horn.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
See what all the majik nutrients put in the live stock can do lol

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

If they were all like that, it would certainly make the running of the bulls in Spain more interesting.

edit on 3-12-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

THis is cool,but it is not rare to find.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWill

Waaah? What does this have to do, even remotely, with chimeric embryos?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

Originally posted by TheWill

Waaah? What does this have to do, even remotely, with chimeric embryos?

Basically the middle horn is infact the horn of a twin cow that has merged with the other cow during the embryonic stage of life... it happens alot with Cows and other livestock, you get cows and donkeys with extra legs, heads coming out of their backs or chests etc. Its two animals fused into one another in various levels of severity, the extra limbs are all that is left of twin and are more or less superfluous. Happens with humans also (ives seen old footage of an asian man who had a second 'face' on the side of his head)... in fact it happens with almost all animals really.

Id say this is what this Tricorn cow is... a cow with the only remaining remnants of its twin that was absorbed into its own body being this central horn.

new topics

top topics

join