It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: stockpile the popcorn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

The only wrong hands for the truth to be in are closed hands. The truth should be in all our hands.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

No wonder he spends his life on the run - nobody wants to give him a home.
I wonder why?

You're wrong..I'd sleep on the couch and give him my bed..
Hell, he can borrow my car..

And I don't think I'm the only one that would help him..

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
So while everyone is applauding this guy for his all out war against the USA, I ask where are the leaks about China,Japan,GB,France,Russia,etc., etc.

There are none! why? Because this guy has an agenda and he obviously hates us the USA. Well imagine that! So far it seems what has been released is nothing more than a bunch of cables that reflect OTHER countries leaders asking the US to attack OTHER countries. Those countries have not been attacked yet people are acting like we are the most evil dark empire the world has ever seen.

edit on 12/2/2010 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

Actually over the course of years he has leaked information on those countries and many others. He leaked information in regards to politician and country leaders packing money away in swiss accounts. He's put out much information on many countries before the focus on the US alone. I think he has a treasure trove of information, and I still would like to know what is in that insurance file. The Obama administration still haven't explained Hillary ordering her ambassadors to spy on other counry officials and leaders.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I see the comments and respect those.

But aside from The Truth, what about the issue that they are self-appointed and answerable to nobody?

Is that good?

Do you KNOW what their intentions are or simply 'believe' what those are?
That's called a religious belief in my view.
And we painfully know where that has taken us in the past.

This is disclosure of private data, stolen data, to what end?

Revealing a crime or just spreading very unhelpful gossip?

I say they are just graduating to some kind of information disclosure ego-trip.

What 'good' are they doing through these actions?

'Transparancy'?

I don't think a World populated by humans works like that.
I put forward the case of Privacy versus Transparancy.

Please remove all your clothing before answering.

We all need some privacy just to get stuff done, we also need transparancy to see that it was done right.
But we do need both don't you think?

Sorry, but I don't see Wikileaks being constructive lately.
Quite the opposite - they are 'off the chain'.

What agenda is being followed here?
Theirs.

Do we even know who these people are?

They hide, they steal data, they destroy privacy.
In the name of what and in who's name?
To what end?

What is to say your banking details revealed are not next?

'Please remove all your clothing before answering.'

That's what we're dealing with here.

Who are these people, who are they accountable to, what is their agenda?

How do you know that anything they publish is even true?
How?

A 'belief'?

I think this demands more than that.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Ha ha crisps are chips in the states and fries are chips, wish I had a chippy near me now !
salt and vinegar ?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Hm, what if he does release my web history and text messages? The only people I'd be trying to hide that information from is those who would try to incriminate me by it, i.e. government, and they already have billion dollar programs to sniff it out. Give them a dose of their own medicine I say. On another note, he's exposing corruption not tossing up transcripts of Obama tellin his mother happy birthday. There's a big difference.

I find myself saying the same things about those who sit behind a desk with a fat government paycheck who are doing the exact same thing to us. Last I checked we were the ones they were supposed to be accountable to. Maybe wikileaks isnt the best answer, but how else can you fight people who break their own laws? Every time someone tries a "legal" means, they are laughed out of court.
edit on 3-12-2010 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by duke396

Hm, what if he does release my web history and text messages? The only people I'd be trying to hide that information from is those who would try to incriminate me by it, i.e. government, and they already have billion dollar programs to sniff it out. Give them a dose of their own medicine I say. On another note, he's exposing corruption not tossing up transcripts of Obama tellin his mother happy birthday. There's a big difference.

I find myself saying the same things about those who sit behind a desk with a fat government paycheck who are doing the exact same thing to us. Last I checked we were the ones they were supposed to be accountable to. Maybe wikileaks isnt the best answer, but how else can you fight people who break their own laws? Every time someone tries a "legal" means, they are laughed out of court.
edit on 3-12-2010 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

I share your frustration.

Gov is bad, but at least they are in some way traceable and accountable.
Even if only later - much later.

Wikileaks are not Gov - they are even worse.
Now.

Did you elect them?
What is their agenda?
Who are they?
Where are they?
What are they doing? - That's pretty obvious.
Who do they stand for?

Who's payroll are they on?
Are they transparent?

They don't just look like Gov to me, they look way-worse.

Simple question -

What 'Good' are they doing?

Practical stuff, not wishy washy dream stuff...

Please take a step back.
Review stuff.

Challenge everything.
Especially Wikileaks.

Stepping back, Gov is looking farcical at the moment.

At the moment.

Wikileaks may well have made a very good point here, but at a lethal price.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I do worry about all of those concerns you mentioned, and especially how far the government will go to try to silence them. At the same time, it may be exactly what is needed for them to try turning up the heat on "boiling the frog" so fast that everyone speaks up against what is going on instead of slowly being suffocated.

WikiLeaks motivations and its own transparency are questionable. But is it a necessary evil to make people wake up? The longer the truth is repressed, the more violently it will be thrust upon those who would hide it.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
So while everyone is applauding this guy for his all out war against the USA, I ask where are the leaks about China,Japan,GB,France,Russia,etc., etc.

There are none! why? Because this guy has an agenda and he obviously hates us the USA. Well imagine that! So far it seems what has been released is nothing more than a bunch of cables that reflect OTHER countries leaders asking the US to attack OTHER countries. Those countries have not been attacked yet people are acting like we are the most evil dark empire the world has ever seen.

edit on 12/2/2010 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

As said so many times before - Wiki reports whatever is leaked to them. Obviously for now the most high profile leaks come from the US. And I actually think you have the whole thing backward. You take a nationalistic - I am being attacked - attitude towards the releases. Instead you should be happy that US citizens are leaking so much information. Obviously there are still people there who care about their freedoms and who care about the truth. The numerous US leaks should be celebrated not mourned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join