It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Genocide: Margaret Sanger and Malthusian eugenics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b3c4d8ffcc4.png[/atsimg]

"The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."
– Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race

Margaret Sanger just as her eugenics hero Thomas Robert Malthus held a deep hatred for those who they deemed unfit to live in our world and who are below the worthiness of those ‘thoroughbreds’ at the top of the religious, political, social, and economic latter. She condemned charities and benevolence just as Malthus did in the 19th and 20th Centuries with his writings on population and the poor.

”All children born, beyond what would be required to keep up the population to a desired level, must necessarily perish, unless room is made for them by the deaths of grown persons. We should facilitate, instead of foolishly and vainly endeavoring to impede, the operations of nature in producing this mortality.”
– Thomas Malthus, An essay on the Principle of Population

Margaret Sanger is the founder of Planned Parenthood, she formed this organization after her former organization ‘American Birth Control League’ changed its name to the ‘Birth Control Federation of America’. She argued for Birth Control under the same pretenses eugenicist Malthus did which was poverty, sickness, racial tension and overpopulation. She was quite obviously not worried about the effects of those social issues upon those who were suffering from them but rather the burden that it put upon the ‘thoroughbreds’.

” Organized charity itself is the symptom of a malignant social disease. Those vast, complex, interrelated organizations aiming to control and to diminish the spread of misery and destitution and all the menacing evils that spring out of this sinisterly fertile soil, are the surest sign that our civilization has bred, is breeding and perpetuating constantly increasing numbers of defectives, delinquents and dependents.”
– Margaret Sanger’s early writings.

Under the false pretenses of solving the social issues for those at the bottom of the socio-economic scale she created her eugenics based organization to eliminate those she deemed unworthy.

” It [charity] encourages the healthier and more normal sections of the world to shoulder the burden of unthinking and indiscriminate fecundity of others; which brings with it, as I think the reader must agree, a dead weight of human waste. Instead of decreasing and aiming to eliminate the stocks that are most detrimental to the future of the race and the world, it tends to render them to a menacing degree dominant [emphasis added].”
– Margaret Sanger on ‘human waste’

Obviously her agenda is what that many in the New World Order conspiracy groups would easily see as what is occurring today and is being pushed by our elite. Her ideas were that certain groups should be eliminated so that the rest of society can thrive without having to tolerate those who happen to be ‘below’ them.

” The most serious charge that can be brought against modern "benevolence" is that is encourages the perpetuation of defectives, delinquents and dependents. These are the most dangerous elements in the world community, the most devastating curse on human progress and expression.”
– Margaret Sanger’s conclusion upon ‘human waste’

Charity was condemned by her for it breeding dependence yet her organizations could easily be seen as a form of charity as it was aimed towards the poor and the prices were either very cheap or it was free. This just means that to her charity of lifting people out of poverty is immoral yet charity which eliminates those in poverty is moral.

” It now remains for the U.S. government to set a sensible example to the world by offering a bonus or yearly pension to all obviously unfit parents who allow themselves to be sterilized by harmless and scientific means. In this way the moron and the diseased would have no posterity to inherit their unhappy condition. The number of the feeble-minded would decrease and a heavy burden would be lifted from the shoulders of the fit.”
– Margaret Sanger, address by Sanger

In 1929 Sanger established a clinic in Harlem, New York City. Harlem at the time was in deep poverty at the onset of the Great Depression where poverty and unemployment struck the black community the hardest. The clinic was considered experimental and many of the areas blacks went to the clinic to lessen the risk of pregnancy since their economic situation was already devastating for them.

[The clinic]"was established for the benefit of the colored people."
– Margaret Sanger, letter to Dr. W. E. Burghardt DuBois.

While consulting with influential black leaders in the Harlem area she convinced them that the best way for a better quality-of-life in the black community is for less black people. They went along with her and many of them were brought onto the clinic’s board because she knew most blacks would suspect if a white person was managing this clinic solely they might be trying to reduce their numbers.

"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born."
– Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, on immigrants and the poor

The debate become more heated quickly with Harlem’s largest black church siding with her on the Planned Parenthood issue. Many blacks felt that they did not need to reduce their own numbers to have a better standard of living but rather they needed equality and better distribution of wealth. Sanger won that argument though.

"More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control."
– Margaret Sanger, Birth Control Review

Her Harlem clinic received funding from an at the time anonymous source who was later revealed to be John D. Rockefeller, Jr. and his bureau of Social Hygiene which provided her and her clinic with funds from 1924 onwards. The Rockefeller family wanted to keep their names secret so as to not draw public attention even though the family consistently supported her efforts in regards to population control.

"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."
Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

Her ideals stretched beyond just the immoral thoughts within her own head as she infected the influential leaders of the black community with her classism and racism. Charles S. Johnson was the first black president of Fisk University. He used his new powerful position to make such ridiculous statements as “eugenic discrimination” was necessary for blacks. After writing what I quoted just below this he was placed on the National Advisory Council to the BCFA and becoming integral to the Negro Project.

"the status of Negroes as marginal workers, their confinement to the lowest paid branches of industry, the necessity for the labors of mothers, as well as children, to balance meager budgets, are factors [that] emphasize the need for lessening the burden not only for themselves, but of society, which must provide the supplementary support in the form of relief."
– Charles S. Johnson

Writer Walter A. Terpenning was also a strong proponent of birth control for the black community espousing the belief that eugenics among blacks was more humane than when it was tested against the whites whom he deemed the ‘white upper crust’. Failing to mention what sort of horrible injustices were occurring to blacks at the time since segregation was still part of law at that time.

” The birth of a colored child, even to parents who can give it adequate support, is pathetic in view of the unchristian and undemocratic treatment likely to be accorded it at the hands of a predominantly white community, and the denial of choice in propagation to this unfortunate class is nothing less than barbarous [emphasis added].
– Walter A. Terpenning

In 1939 Sanger’s dream was become more of a reality when Clinical Research Bureau and the American Birth Control League merged to form the Birth Control Federation of America. After this merge she selected Dr. Clarence G. Gamble of Proctor and Gamble to be the BCFA regional director of the South. Gamble proved to be just as sinister as Sanger when she wrote that blacks should only appear to be placed in positions of power in the organization.

” I note that you doubt it worthwhile to employ a full-time Negro physician. It seems to me from my experience … that, while the colored Negroes have great respect for white doctors, they can get closer to their own members and more or less lay their cards on the table, which means their ignorance, superstitions and doubts. They do not do this with white people and if we can train the Negro doctor at the clinic, he can go among them with enthusiasm and … knowledge, which … will have far-reaching results among the colored people.”
– Dr. Clarence G. Gamble

Faced with the reality that the black community was very heavily religious and knew that the influence of church leaders and other black religious figures were important to her movement to perform eugenics upon blacks she had to find a way to bring the black religious leaders onto her side.

” The minister’s work is also important and he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members [emphasis added].
– Margaret Sanger

Quickly after 1939 these clinics were popping up throughout the Southeastern United States with backing from highly recognized and respected black leaders heralding this as a great opportunity for the black race to finally make it ahead and escape the shackles of relentless poverty, inequality, and poor health. Regardless of this though many blacks still refused the services so this led Dr. Dorothy Ferebee to state the following:

"The future program [of Planned Parenthood] should center around more education in the field through the work of a professional Negro worker, because those of who believe that the benefits of Planned Parenthood as a vital key to the elimination of human waste must reach the entire population." She peppered her speech with the importance of "Negro professionals, fully integrated into the staff, … who could interpret the program and objectives to [other blacks] in the normal course of day-to-day contacts; could break down fallacious attitudes and beliefs and elements of distrust; could inspire the confidence of the group; and would not be suspect of the intent to eliminate the race [emphasis added]."
– Dr. Dorothy Ferebee

Quite obviously Planned Parenthood would never want their founder to be labeled a eugenicist and thus the entire foundation and reasoning behind their organization being eugenics they vehemently deny that she had any involvement with eugenics. The question was raised quite often due to her editing of ‘The Birth Control Review’ which after she left in 1929 had constant eugenicists editing it from that point forward.

"At Planned Parenthood you can also get birth control without the consent or knowledge of your parents. So, if you are 14, 15 or 16 and you come to Planned Parenthood, we won't tell your parents you've been there. We swear we won't tell your parents."
– Planned Parenthood employee lecturing students of Ramona High School, Riverside, Calif., April 21-22, 1986

However their argument doesn’t have much to stand on especially after a review of the address Sanger gave in 1932 which clearly showed her support for eugenics:

In "A Plan for Peace," Sanger suggested Congress set up a special department to study population problems and appoint a "Parliament of Population." One of the main objectives of the "Population Congress" would be "to raise the level and increase the general intelligence of population." This would be accomplished by applying a "stern and rigid policy of sterilization and segregation [ in addition to tightening immigration laws] to that grade of population whose progeny is already tainted, or whose inheritance is such that objectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring."
– Margaret Sanger, 1932

She believed strongly in Malthusian Eugenics and Scientific Racism. Scientific Racism is different than ordinary racism because it does not focus on skin color but rather on genetics. As long as someone has the genetics of the ideal person from the Aryan race they are deemed perfect and are not to be discriminated against. However if you do not have those specific genetics they claim are superior you are an inferior waste of human life and you do not belong occupying this earth with the ‘thoroughbreds’.

"The bottom line is that Planned Parenthood was self-consciously organized, in part, to promote and enforce White Supremacy. ... It has been from its inception implicitly and explicitly racist."
– George Grant on Planned Parenthood

According to Rev. Hunter of LEARN the black community loses 1,452 people per day and abortion is the number one killer of blacks in America. He claims the black community has bought into a lie and they have fallen prey to the propaganda of the racists at Planned Parenthood and its founders.

"Blacks are not quiet about the issue because they do no care, but rather because the truth has been kept from them. The issue is … to educate our people, "
– LaVerne Tolbert, former Planned Parenthood board member

In my opinion after analyzing the information provided and reading further into the subject I have concluded that Planned Parenthood and its entire foundation and premise is based upon genetic racism, Scientific Racism, and heavily discriminative towards the members of the lower Socio-Economic classes.

Referring to the poor as “human waste” and condemning benevolence for keeping the poor alive is beyond sickening to me, a person who deeply believes in benevolence as the core essence of any civilized society.

I formerly believed that Planned Parenthood and abortions were the preferred method for protection and that those who oppose these things are just fundamental religious people wishing to impose the religiously based opinions upon the masses. While I still do believe in condoms I do not condone the actions and focus of Planned Parenthood and the genocide they are pushing upon the African-American community.

It is simply appalling and I do not want any affiliations between this organization and any governing body in this country. Genocide should not be condoned it should be condemned and expelled from our society not placed upon a pedestal and pushed as the better idea for responsible parenting.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.dianedew.com...
www.blackgenocide.org...
edit on 12/1/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

edit on 2010/12/1 by GradyPhilpott because: added external quote tags.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
BUMP

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The U.S. Government and basically every institution in the country operated in an openly racist and segregationist manner until decades after the opinions and attitudes you are chronicling.

Whatever actions happened and attitudes prevailed at Planned Parenthood almost 100 years ago is pretty freakin' irrelevant to the services it provides now. If you have some more recent "evidence" of some kind of racial conspiracy at PP, please provide it. Otherwise, I think your guilt by association tactic linking a woman from a century ago to current policy is pretty transparent and will ultimately be unsuccessful.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Interesting read. I don't think her plans worked out well, as there are so many of them. The same thing was attempted during the 1960s and 1970s on Native American women. They were forcefully sterilized, often without their knowledge. In fact, it's said that George Bush, Sr. started the program. Source.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I found your post of interest and I applaud your rational deductions. The facts are clear: Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood promote eugenics and were founded in racism. Sanger was a know KLAN speaker as she bragged about this herself in her autobiography. There is a stunning documentary available now which went directly to the source of the Planned Parenthood founders, supporters, and funders, and discovered racism racism racism. The documentary is over 2 hours long and well worth purchasing and watching. It is called Maafa21 and even the trailer located here www.maafa21.com... has some of their sorted quotes for you to listen to. It is a shocking film- and not suitable for small children. Yet- ALL should watch it because Billions of Tax dollars are paid to this eugenics monster and we need it stopped !

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I applaud your post.

People have no clue how racist this woman was.

They also have no idea that Planned Parenthood is grounded in eugenics,
and just because it is 2010, that groundwork is still propogating today.

The number one killer of African Americans is abortion. The black population
in America is now below replacement rate.

The argument that "it is 2010, and this doesn't apply now" is simply not true.

Most Planned Parenthood clinics are still located in poor, ecomically depressed neighborhoods, and
serve blacks and Latino women.

Margaret Sanger's vision has been realized.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
Interesting read. I don't think her plans worked out well, as there are so many of them. The same thing was attempted during the 1960s and 1970s on Native American women. They were forcefully sterilized, often without their knowledge. In fact, it's said that George Bush, Sr. started the program. Source.

Im Piegan Blackfeet.. my grandmother was adopted on rez by a woman who had been sterilized through the eugenics program in the 20's, She had encephalitis ( mosquito bite most likely) and they claimed that she was mentally deficient because the damage to her brain swelling effected her speech. My grandmothers mother died and the lady who had been her friend and had encephalitis adopted her.. with the family and my great grandfathers blessing. SHe was NOT mentally deficient, but it was a great excuse for the govt to sterilize her

On paper.. and on the web.. my area is mostly white. Its untrue. My children were the minority in school and just walking into the store proves that there are many less whites than blacks. Im new to this town due to a transfer so it was easy to observe as an outsider. The planned parenthood "stores" are in strip malls in the mainly white areas. We also have a HUGE racial problem here with the whites and browns being the target of the blacks. Im a brown and I have been victim to the racial bias and violence from the blacks myself. It should also be noted that we also live in the state with the best welfare and entitlement programs in the country : Illinois.
It is the joke in St,Louis across the river that if you want welfare to go across the river to Il. Here there is a strange tension that Ive felt no other place I have ever been or lived.
The fact is that it is actually white women who are targeted for abortion here... the planned parenthood places are in white neighborhoods and not in black ones.

All stereotypes and racist views aside, there ARE areas that are outside of the norm and my area is in complete opposition to the idea that blacks are targeted for eugenics. Here they are urged to reproduce, the welfare here is incredible ( you even get cell phones if you are on welfare/housing/foodstamps) and basically the new slave master for the black community is the federal govt.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Planned Parenthood continues their eugenics program against blacks even today.

This video is just a few years old in which a PP rep accepts a donation promising that the money will only be used to kill black babies.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
marking this to read later, thanks for putting it together...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I just found an old interview Mike Wallace did with Margaret Sanger in 1957. Instead of the usual snowball questions one would expect today, he asked the tough questions and called her on her contradictions.

See the interview here

Time Capsule: Mike Wallace hammers Margaret Sanger in 1957 interview

In 1957, an aging Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood and the international birth control movement, agreed to an interview with CBS News’ Mike Wallace. In stark contrast with the sympathetic reception Sanger could expect to receive today in a network television interview, Wallace hammered Sanger with difficult questions and caught her in contradictions, while Sanger squirmed, fidgeted, and denied statements she had made only a week earlier in pre-interview discussions with CBS staff.

Among the more revealing moments is Sanger’s explanation of the “greatest sin” of having children who violate her eugenic standards, and “have no chance ... to be a human being practically.”

Asked if she believes in sin, Sanger tells Wallace: “I think the greatest sin in the world is bringing children into the world, that have disease from their parents, that have no chance in the world to be a human being practically, delinquents, prisoners, all sorts of things, just marked when they’re born. That to me is the greatest sin that a people can commit.”

However, pressed by Wallace about her beliefs about “sin,” Sanger at first refuses to answer, and then balks at recognizing infidelity as such. “I don’t know about infidelity, it has so many personalities to it, and what a person’s own belief is, I couldn’t generalize,” she says, after Wallace insists that she respond to the question.

Sanger balks even more when Wallace begins to cite statements she has made publicly, even to his own staff, claiming that she has been misquoted. At first Sanger rejects the claim made in the woman’s magazine Redbook, in reference to contraception, that “immunity from parenthood encourages promiscuity particularly when unmarried persons can so easily avail themselves of the [birth control] devices.” But Wallace then reads Sanger’s own words from a Philadelphia Daily News article from 1942, encouraging the use of birth control to avoid “illegitimacy.”

Life Site News

Here's a VERY short clip of her defining what she believes sin is:

Gotta love the blatant cigarette ads in the full version.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I watched this video over a year ago, Maafa21. It's amazing how their agenda is plain to see, and the black community has no idea they support this racist organization Planned Parenthood. Wake up before it's too late.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yes, the still hand out the "Margaret Sanger" Award today.

Do people even realize the ideology this woman touted?????

top topics

join