It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can China Invade Taiwan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

. We can only imagine what a great nation China will be if all Chinese are united in peace to develop our motherland--China.

1 word for you GREED, Taiwan doesnt want to be part of China

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

GREED is reserved for US menacing around the world, and station over 100 countries.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
greed is a universal human trait.

it is not just reserved for the US.

you need to knock that chip off your shoulder, bud.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

GREED is reserved for US menacing around the world, and station over 100 countries.

True i agree with you on this. US it seems is also muscling its way into world domination the only difference is that the US is winning.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

True i agree with you on this. US it seems is also muscling its way into world domination the only difference is that the US is winning.

The real difference is I see US occupation adventures in both Iraq and Afganistan are crumpling, US economy bubbles in housing, banking, debt etc are nearing collapsing. We will see similar spetacular implosion of Soviet Union.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well thats the price a nation pays for making a big mistake.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Well thats the price a nation pays for making a big mistake.

I just do not see US winning as you stated above.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The US isnt winning i saw that before they started this "War On Terror" campaign they have awoken a sleeping giant.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The US isnt winning i saw that before they started this "War On Terror" campaign they have awoken a sleeping giant.

Glad that we both agree that US is failling.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
While China has never contributed politically or militarily.

From what i understand Zcheng, you're Chinese yet you live in the US and you still criticize the US? Now why would you be living in the US if you don't like the country?

I know people have brought up the appalling human rights abuses committed by China yet you never acknowledge them.

Get off your high horse and check the surroundings once in a while

Fine the US may not be doing a perfect job in Iraq or other places but at least they're the ones who've taken up the mantle of 'world police' or whatever you want to call it. I'd much rather America being the world police rather than a communist China. I'm not a gung-ho anti-marxist/communist person like GradyPhilpot but i would definitely not want China to be at the helm of global politics.

Keeping on the subject, if Taiwan wants to be independent from China then let them be. I don't see what the major problem is since Taiwan is geographically a part of mainland China, you probably don't even need them but you just lust for another land to conquer.

[edit on 27/8/04 by Flyboy211]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
While China has never contributed politically or militarily.

For whom, for What?

From what i understand Zcheng, you're Chinese yet you live in the US and you still criticize the US? Now why would you be living in the US if you don't like the country?

Find one country in the world, that its people like US today. I am not against US people or US institutions. I am against US foreign policy around the world.

I know people have brought up the appalling human rights abuses committed by China yet you never acknowledge them.

Sure. The inmates in US are having a wonderful time in the paradise. And those prisoner in Guantunomo, Cuba.

Fine the US may not be doing a perfect job in Iraq or other places but at least they're the ones who've taken up the mantle of 'world police' or whatever you want to call it. I'd much rather America being the world police rather than a communist China. I'm not a gung-ho anti-marxist/communist person like GradyPhilpot but i would definitely not want China to be at the helm of global politics.

China do not want to interfere the internal affairs of other countries, and China do not like any interference from any other country.

Keeping on the subject, if Taiwan wants to be independent from China then let them be. I don't see what the major problem is since Taiwan is geographically a part of mainland China, you probably don't even need them but you just lust for another land to conquer.

Taiwan has to get the permission from 1.3 Billion Chinese people, otherwise it is just a pipe dream.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcheng
For whom, for What?

Globally, i haven't heard of Chinese troops on peacekeeping missions for instance. Do they give aid to countries like in Africa?

Find one country in the world, that its people like US today. I am not against US people or US institutions. I am against US foreign policy around the world.

Find one country where's population like China? It goes both ways.

Sure. The inmates in US are having a wonderful time in the paradise. And those prisoner in Guantunomo, Cuba.

Well they haven't massacred them yet have they. Nor do dead babies litter the streets of America. Does the words 'Tiananmen Square' ring any bells?

China do not want to interfere the internal affairs of other countries, and China do not like any interference from any other country.

That's because America does a lot of the work, so your lands are kept safe.

Taiwan has to get the permission from 1.3 Billion Chinese people, otherwise it is just a pipe dream.

So they have to get a pertition with 1.3 billion signatures do they? lol

The Taiwanese have their freedom, it is their country not yours. I don't see how you're gonna stop them anyhow.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Globally, i haven't heard of Chinese troops on peacekeeping missions for instance. Do they give aid to countries like in Africa?

Peace Keeping:
China sends more peacekeeping troops to Liberia
english.people.com.cn...
news.bbc.co.uk...

China to Send Anti-riot Peacekeepers for Haiti
www.china.org.cn...

Aid and Debt Waivering:
China to increase aid to Africa under cooperation forum framework
english.people.com.cn...

China waived or reduced the debt of several poor nations. I do have the info off-hand though.

So you agree that US is hated by the people of all nations, since you can not find one that loves US. I do not understand what population has to do with this.

Well they haven't massacred them yet have they. Nor do dead babies litter the streets of America. Does the words 'Tiananmen Square' ring any bells?

It is a crime, not more heinous than Peterson killing his wife and unborn child. What US did when there was a riot? Do you remember LA riot?

That's because America does a lot of the work, so your lands are kept safe.

Where was USA when China was No.1, with Chinese fleets sailing to Africa in 16 century? We did not masacre and conquer other people, we do trade beneficial to all.

The Taiwanese have their freedom, it is their country not yours. I don't see how you're gonna stop them anyhow.

I am just wondering when they will have the guts to declare formal independence.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

China is meddling in Taiwans affairs is it not?

oh yeah and it is messing with Hong Kongs govt.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by drunk]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Just after WWII - Korea, Tibet, India, Russia, Vietnam.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

So you agree that US is hated by the people of all nations, since you can not find one that loves US. I do not understand what population has to do with this.

That was a spelling mistake by me, what i meant to say was "Find one country where's it's population like China? It goes both ways" Or shall i word it another way, find a country where it's population/people/inhabitants/citizens love China? My point being some countries or some people in different countries will dislike America, likewise others will dislike China so it goes both ways. The Us isn;t the ONLY hated country in the world.

I managed to find some links about people who've showed support for the US.

www.townhall.com...

www.bellaonline.com...

news.bbc.co.uk... - Mixed opinions, i never denied that people don't hate America, i was imply saying America isn't the only hated country around the world. To be honest yo're going to some people who hate, and some people who like and that goes for EVERY country not just America.

It is a crime, not more heinous than Peterson killing his wife and unborn child. What US did when there was a riot? Do you remember LA riot?

One man's crime against crime committed by many? I think that is a little more severe don't you think? As for the LA Riots i was too small to remember it, and i'm not even American i am Welsh (you probably don't know where the Welsh come from). I'm also sure that the incident doesn't even register as much as the Tiananmen Square incident.

Where was USA when China was No.1, with Chinese fleets sailing to Africa in 16 century? We did not masacre and conquer other people, we do trade beneficial to all.

Eh?? What has 16th century China got to do with current events? America wasn't even a nation at that time lol. Ok China invented gunpowder, anything else?

Besides China isn't number 1 anymore

How did China go from a 'peaceful' nation from the 1400's to this today?

www.freechina.net...

I am just wondering when they will have the guts to declare formal independence.

Probably when you stop threatening them, and believe me they will have their independence.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Probably when you stop threatening them, and believe me they will have their independence.

This is a point I have tried to make on several occasions when Zcheng and his like talk about the polls in Taiwan. If I put a gun to your head and ask you an opinion, how taineted would those ansewers be? No doubt take away the ever present threat of attack By China, and Ill be the poll numbers in Taiwan will be a little different. Zcheng is stuck back in the late 1940's. The people of Taiwan are no longer part of his country. They think of themselves as thier own people, with thier own culture. Much like the colonist in America did after the left Britan.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
Just after WWII - Korea, Tibet, India, Russia, Vietnam.

You mean China interfered with the internal affairs of above nations? Go back to kindergarden and start all over again.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

That is why I say "when they will have guts".

[edit on 28-8-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
man this is one heated thread i aint seen one like this since the old USA vs CHINA thread, seriosly can we get back to the question does china have the firepower/manpower/reasources to take taiwan with or without US support.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join