It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready for colder winters due to global warming!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The latest research by a team of scientists indicates that anthropogenic CO2 does not just lead to significant warming, but also, simultaneously, is responsible for significant cooling.

Climate scientists recently developed computer simulations supporting their theory showing how colder winters are linked to climate change (or rather anthropogenic global warming).

According to climate experts "the coming winters could be particularly cold in Germany and Northern Europe due to the impact of climate change, experts warned this week".

The article goes on to say:

Strong disturbances in air stream flows would be the main reason behind frosty weather, said Vladimir Petoukhov of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK).

Ice melting in the eastern Arctic Ocean could create warmer layers of air that would in turn change air flows, he said.

“Should it occur these disturbances would triple the possibility of an extremely cold winter in Europe and northern Asia,” he said.

Hard winters like last year’s or in 2005-2006 do not defy the premise of global warming, but rather confirm it.

Petoukhov and his colleagues at the institute supported their theory with simulations by supercomputers.

Link.
edit on 30-11-2010 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathan-D

They where not ssaying this years ago. One minute its this and next it is that.

Where is al gore talking about this now?

They have no idea, they where just playing on the fact of a few good years of weather, when weather operates in cycles.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Oh yeh. Lets pay some more taxes (carbon tax), so the global warming will give us a break.

Climategate anyone?
edit on 30-11-2010 by RUSSO because: add

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
firstly ill say hi
this is my first post on a.t.s.

i live in scotland and remember my child hood winters of the 70s and 80s waste high snow (i was a fair bit smaller back then), days off school, frozen pipes and icicles as long as my arm.there wernt as many cars then so the roads and salt or grit never seemed to be a problem.
my point is these past 20 or so years the winters i think have been incredibly mild here in the u.k.

last year and so far this year is muchmore like the uk weather i remember. takes me right back to my child hood. i laugh at all the people who just arnt used to seeing snow and ice like this. a coulpe of inches and the whole country falls apart.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathan-D

The latest research by a team of scientists indicates that anthropogenic CO2 does not just lead to significant warming, but also, simultaneously, is responsible for significant cooling.

THAT is known as a CYA - Cover Your Donkey

TPTB KNOWs there are 30 yr cooling and warming trends due to the the PDO They KNOW the climate has switched to a cooling trend, just as the knew in 1972 it was about to switch to a warming trend. (Maurice Strong 1st Earth Summit) Now they are trying to convince people:
WARM = COOL
WAR =PEACE
FREEDOM =SLAVERY
IGNORANCE = STRENGTH

Thanks to Climategate there was a minor glitch in the plans to grab control of world energy so this is the recovery strike.

Oh and it is the OIL COMPANIES and BANKERS behind the global warming fraud: see the information under "control oil" at the bottom of this thread. where I lay out how Henry Kissinger stated the plan quite clearly in 1970 ~

"Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people; control money and you control the world."

And give the evidence that it is right on schedule.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thier computer models have been shown to be useless time and time again - garbage in - garbage out!

The CO2 and temperature monitoring stations have been demonstrated to have been deliberately placed to give artificially high readings.

The world has not shown any significant warming for 15 yrs and has been cooling for the last 5.

The supposed forcing effect of CO2 is wrong both in theory and by direct satelite measurement.

Temperatures in the recent past have oscilated up and down without any increase in CO2 levels.

Mans contribution to CO2 is dwarfed by Volcanic, geological, agricultural, contributions anyway.

Carbon emmission reduction is by far and away the least cost effective solution - even were it to have the effect claimed.

China, India, Russia and the Third world do not plan on reducing thier emmissions in the slightest!

Increased CO2 levels would be a boon for agricultural yields.

In short GW is completely bogus - it is being pursued and supported for political and ideological and strategic reasons, with the scientific establishment being bought and paid for by the research grants and career advancement available for studies that support this nonesenese.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Maybe Al Gore should help out and give a speech some time in mid-Winter.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Get ready for colder winters due to global warming!,

Or because its actually just about winter solstice, in one and a half year from now.en.wikipedia.org...

Next year is going to be colder than this year and 2012 is going to be the coldest. Than the temperatures will gradually go back to normal. In 2015 we will experiance the same temperatures as we are doing to day.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't believe in man made global warming, people are only looking at relatively recent years and not the full picture. I do think we should stop polluting and dumping waste everywhere because we are destroying the planet.

Scientists have found evidence of global warming on other planets in the solar system, this makes me think that it is actually the Sun which is warming up and we have no control over the whole situation

Global warming on Mars

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

Someone said on here yesterday that the reason for the colder winters, especially in the UK and on the east coast of the US was because the gulf stream had been affected by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, and as such, the temperate water from South America was not reaching us, allowing cold polar winds and water to reach us. I haven't really researched this myself as of yet, but I am going to look into it
edit on 30/11/2010 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Someone said on here yesterday that the reason for the colder winters, especially in the UK and on the east coast of the US was because the gulf stream had been affected by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill

Another red herring.

You have two big changes, the PDO went cold and la Nina, this shifts the jet stream and brings arctic air south. www.appinsys.com...

More than you will ever want to know about the oceans (70% of earth) and the climate: bobtisdale.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

The CO2 and temperature monitoring stations have been demonstrated to have been deliberately placed to give artificially high readings.
You do not mind to share your source do you ?

The world has not shown any significant warming for 15 yrs and has been cooling for the last 5.
Where do you live ? It is very easy to see that it is indeed warmer here then it was 20 years ago ?

The supposed forcing effect of CO2 is wrong both in theory and by direct satelite measurement.
That proof question again... Sorry about that ...

Temperatures in the recent past have oscilated up and down without any increase in CO2 levels.
I know it happened in the not so recent past so please elaborate

Mans contribution to CO2 is dwarfed by Volcanic, geological, agricultural, contributions anyway.
Nonsense

Carbon emmission reduction is by far and away the least cost effective solution - even were it to have the effect claimed.
Well... You know...

China, India, Russia and the Third world do not plan on reducing thier emmissions in the slightest!
See comment above this one

Not really. Plant life will flourish, but it is all up to the soul what can flourish

edit on 11/30/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Think about it.

Here in the Netherlands it will get -16 C tonight. Weird thing is...

It is not even winter yet !

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

So...

Oil / v
Money/ v
Food/ v

They passed bill 510 without including the amendment that would clear person a; and small businesses

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sorry to repeat some on Sinter's questions, but ....

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Why would a station in Antarctica, or satellites, produce an artificially high reading?

Is that why, despite a cold winter in some places, 2010 is on track to be one of, if not the, warmest year on record?

And people die without being shot. Does that prove that shooting people does not kill them?

Well, aside from agriculture being manmade, human industrial emissions dwarf volcanoes by a massive amount

www.grist.org...

Cutting carbon emissions means cutting energy consumption and energy costs. Why do you want to pay more for your gas and eectric, rather than less?

Edit: but I d agree it is not the most effective thing to do. We should be looking at land use changes - stopping the destruction of rain forests for example. However thus is often not deemed politically or economically acceptable. Such constraints in taking action other than on CO2 emissions does not mean that human activity is not affecting the climate.

China leads the world in wind power development

www.istockanalyst.com...

There is a limit to this and more nitrogen would need adding to the soil for plants to benefit. Indeed it may cause a reduction in nutrional yield

oilprice.com...

In short GW is completely bogus - it is being pursued and supported for political and ideological and strategic reasons

Which people? Bearing in mind they must have been working on this for at least 150 years and certainly since the 1950s. To what end? Why did it take world governments decades to finally start accepting there might be a problem?
edit on 30-11-2010 by Essan because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2010 by Essan because: added comment

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I totally get where the OP and the science is coming from..

I absolutely HATE it when my fridge catches fire and freezes all of my food!

Or when im camping and get frostbite from the camp fire........

Or when Im backpacking in the desert and get hypothermia mid day............such a drag.........

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Reminds me of that joke about Beckham (being thick lad he is!).....

Feruson: Hey David, what's that you got there?
Beckham: It's a new invention called a thermos flask boss.
Ferguson: Oh yeah David, and what does it do?
Beckham: Well boss, it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold!
Ferguson: Amazin', so what have you got in it David?
Beckham: A cup of tea. ...... and a choc ice.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

So...

Oil / v
Money/ v
Food/ v

They passed bill 510 without including the amendment that would clear person a; and small businesses

Are YOU SURE, I just called my Senator and his aide said it was included.

Actually the next political two step is reconciling the senate bill and the one that passed the house or having the house vote on the senate bill or what ever.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I'll try to find the article I read it.

@ Essan lol No worries

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Senators eventually agreed to an amendment by Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., to exempt some of those operations from costly food safety plans required of bigger companies, rankling food safety advocates and larger growers but gaining support from farm-state senators.
No such exemption exists in the House version, which passed in July 2009.
Erik Olson, director of food and consumer product safety at the Pew Health Group, said advocates are pleased with the Senate bill and realize there is not enough time to push for some of the stronger House provisions.

I guess I misunderstood what it actually said. However the article clearly leaves the option open to implement the house version at a later date

Senate passes bill to boost food safety

top topics

join