It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to figure out past experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Please just ideas of what this is, and or, other cases of this.

When i was around 6-8 years old i remember seeing something that made me think i was crazy for seeing.
It wasn't a flash of light in the desert, it was something in the daylight.

The year was probably... 1999-2000 (sorry not good on dates)
It was a sunny day ( I think near the end of Summer ) In New York.
The month might have been... August.
I (Assume, but could easily be wrong) i was looking SE at the object.

The object i saw was in the sky just above tree level, i was in the car when i saw it.
It was not above me, it was close to the horizon.
The size of the object seemed to be half of the size of the moon, when looking into the sky.
It was a circle, and colored similar to red.
The more i think about it, the more i think about what it could have been and the more it clouds what i know i saw.

What i saw was a red circular object, kind of like the Mars red, that distinct iron deposit color.
Blurred off into the distance, it appeared in the sky, like blured into the sky, and after ~ 1 minute, it blurred out.

I thought this could have been mars, but being visible during the daytime and the size doesnt seem possible.
Later in life i thought it was a big red Balloon (either one i ride in, or just a small balloon) but the way it looked seemed to rule it out.

It was blurry, but not the way heat makes things look blurry, the outline of the circle was clear, just the inside color was a blur.

Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Funny, around that time my friends said they saw, both of them, a big red planet like thing in the sky. It was in the horizon, so it appeared larger than you described. I asked if it was the moon and they said "no, the moon was in one spot, and this big red thing was in the other". Trustworthy people, I heard this from a few of their friends and I went and asked them myself.

Now, it may have been a different color, but I am pretty sure they said a red color.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

;o
It wasn't exactally half the size of the moon, but it was for sure between The full size, and half the size.
Weird.. you should uhh i don't know call em up ?

This has confused me for years, and i just realize what a great place this was to ask this question

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Uhm, I saw something similar for many years ago (I don't remember correctly). Its still one of the most vivid memories I have. I remember everything I was doing around the time I saw this event. Becouse, this was one of my first 'real' unexplained events I've witnessed.

I was sitting and playing Diablo 2, and my computer was just beside a window so I had a good view of the sky. When I looked out the first time, I saw the big light (not red though) in the skies, and I noticed a little 'star' beneath it, which was as big as every other star.
I took my eyes away from it, without thinking too much about it. I mean, I've seen big lights in the skies before, so it wasn't that special.
I then remember I wanted to hold a little pause with the gaming, so I took a look at the light again. As I watched it began to grow, and I mean grow. It kept getting bigger and the light was now so bright, I couldn't see the star beneath it anymore. Then suddenly it was like the light sucked all the light back, as if it flew away very fast, only stationary. After it was vanished the little start wasn't there anymore.

I mean, I still don't know what it could be. It was stationary all the time, it didn't move.

**edit to add.
Btw, this was at night, not daytime

edit on 17031992 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't think what you saw is what i saw

Weird thinking about those things though huh.

Anyone else have any ideas?

top topics

join