It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by etcorngods

Why are you on this god-kick?
We're talking about lights in the sky, a few days ago, in Phoenix, with a possible object attached to this source and a person questioning what he saw.

Why does your replies have a flavoring of 'god' in them?

I mean no disrespect, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. No one is begrudging that at all. But please don't become to Jehovah Witness for ATS and ram your beliefs down our throats in each reply. It's uncalled for and it's been duly noted.

We get it.

You believe in gods? Great!
Or a God? That's wonderful.

Let's carry on........................

If you meet a 800 pound ape in a field -- isn't he god. There have been many miracles exposed on ATS -- how do you explain how they happen? Who else would be able to draw pictures using sunspots on the SUN?

I don't think that "whoever" it is would care if you didn't call him God, but drawing a picture of the Haitian islands on the Sun -- at the precise time of the Haitian earthquake is an ominous sign, believe in "God" or not, you have to imply a relationship between the events.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
I don't think that "whoever" it is would care if you didn't call him God, but drawing a picture of the Haitian islands on the Sun -- at the precise time of the Haitian earthquake is an ominous sign, believe in "God" or not, you have to imply a relationship between the events.

Or, you're inferring a pattern where none exists. Is that possible?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

I'm certainly not advocating killing anyone. "Deny ignorance" for me, doesn't mean every fantastical explanation is just as likely as the reasonable ones. Just because historically some things once thought to be unlikely turn out to be true doesn't mean unicorns live in the next county. If someone chooses to believe they do, it's no skin off my onion.

I would think that virtually everyone on this site is there to explore -- aren't you? Maybe you are simply a "SuperModerator".

Finding the incredibly unusual is the ultimate prise.

(ET Corn Gods translation of "Ultimate" is "UFO ET Mate")

See the websites listed in my Profile.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods

Or, you're inferring a pattern where none exists. Is that possible?

No, there are 15,000 sample translations on my websites which prove the pattern. How do you explain the Thread below? (Sunspots, Island groups, the Olympic Emblem)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Not to go off topic, but I think it's a classic case of pareidolia. Now if God would've written across the sun, "Heads up Haiti, here comes an earthquake"... you've got something.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Not to go off topic, but I think it's a classic case of pareidolia. Now if God would've written across the sun, "Heads up Haiti, here comes an earthquake"... you've got something.

Yea, a moron would have needed that, not someone with a deep scientific background, like me -- and I assume you.

How do you explain the three sets of Sunspots on the Thread I provided? Don't criticize my solution, unless you have a rebuttal.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hi SO.

Perhaps you were seeing a particle weapon being fired from a satellite or a laser weapon. I believe that all UFO sightings are a result of earth-made technology. I do not believe that aliens visit earth despite the fact that I do believe they exist. I think that the technological capabilities of the various military superpowers far exceeds imgination.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

My explanation is already evident. Pareidolia. It's the basis for a good deal of what we see posted as phenomena, from robots and gorillas on Mars, to the man in the moon. We're hard wired to find patterns. Sometimes it happens where no pattern is there. Sometimes there is, but the presumed correlation is off.

It's the basis for virtually all superstition - attributing causation to correlation. The more contortions and bending you have to do to make something fit, the less likely I am to substantiate a relationship. Where you see a code, I see a convoluted attempt to derive order.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

My explanation is already evident. Pareidolia. It's the basis for a good deal of what we see posted as phenomena, from robots and gorillas on Mars, to the man in the moon. We're hard wired to find patterns. Sometimes it happens where no pattern is there. Sometimes there is, but the presumed correlation is off.

It's the basis for virtually all superstition - attributing causation to correlation. The more contortions and bending you have to do to make something fit, the less likely I am to substantiate a relationship. Where you see a code, I see a convoluted attempt to derive order.

Your position is insulting, and unsupported baloney.

Explain how what happened with the Sunspots was a natural phenomena?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by tsloan

Then the test or operation of such technology wouldn't be visible from the fifth-largest city in the country.

Perhaps whoever was testing it counted on the fact that most of the general public doesn't bother to look beyond the end of their nose and that the general public, were they to see it, would prefer to ignore it or explain it away.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Human_Alien

From the time I first noticed the object... 20-25 minutes.

This would make sense if it was a weapon of some kind. It may have been charged or charging and waiting to fire.

It would also explain why one point of light became two.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

No kidding Frugal... after 18 years I'm still haunted by the who's and why's.

SO, welcome to the world of "I saw something. I know what I saw but I don't know what it was. Who do I tell that will listen and not think I'm totally off the deep end?".

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You say you looked up from watching netflics. I take it that just means a film.

Is it a posibility that what you saw was a spot before your eyes?

It was in the position you expected to see it because this is where you were focusing. As your eyes adapted from the screen to the dark sky what you see as two dots going in opposite directions was actually just your iris in each eye openining.

Add to this you had been enjoying a cigarette I believe you said you had taken with you as a treat for you nightime critter vigil could have helped in this. Wont even mention the booze, except I just did.

Not trying to dismiss your experience just add an explanation that does not contain the word god because it is much more likely to be something mundane than ET or black OPS.

Add to that Skeptics maintain that people make terrible witnesses and you being a skepticoverlord I expect you would agree.

Does this make me a skeptic or a sceptic?

Anyhow thats my two pennies worth, hope you dont feel short changed.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
Is it a posibility that what you saw was a spot before your eyes?

Did you see the video simulation of what I saw?

The "spot" remained in the same general position, even after I stood up to get a better look. Then behaved extraordinarily.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hi

I did see the sim. Sorry I thought when it spun round you were simulating the effects of the booze that I am not mentioning.

Just leg pulling BTW

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

It take much more than half a cerveza Tecate to make the stars spin for this "martini lunch" guy.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I take it that you didn't like my satellite based particle weapon idea?

That's the only way I could see to explain that sudden splitting and acceleration of the object in question.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
one more addition to this thread

This is not proof...if it was anyone else on any other board...the general skepticism would include:

A website owner that has a ET forum suddenly has a sighting...clearly this is just hype to increase traffic and discussion in the forum..total hoax and didn't even need to use a camera.

Not saying this is the case...just saying people need to keep things in perspective...I would bet a dime OPs is being as honest as he can be...however, I would not bet my life on it.

Indeed. Even though SO is a founder/owner of this site doesn't mean he should get as many stars as someone who posted a similar story. It's a great ploy to increase traffic - guess I better equip my flame shield.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

Originally posted by SaturnFX
A website owner that has a ET forum suddenly has a sighting...clearly this is just hype to increase traffic and discussion in the forum..total hoax and didn't even need to use a camera.

Indeed. Even though SO is a founder/owner of this site doesn't mean he should get as many stars as someone who posted a similar story. It's a great ploy to increase traffic - guess I better equip my flame shield.

Maybe one should be less paranoid. I liked the part that said "suddenly has a sighting." Seeing as his registration date is over 8 years ago, "suddenly" really doesn't cover it. It's no wonder that some choose not to post their experiences here with attitudes like this.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join