It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea deploys SA-2 surface-to-air missiles near Yellow Sea border with S. Korea

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This thread has derailed into a pissing match.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You know there are other underage posters like myself that post on here and I feel kind of insulted that you would stereotype us in a certain light.

glad you feel that way

sidenote: go back readin my post and notice i EDITED it, because i made a mistake in my reply

link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Is there an aircraft forum?

Tell us of the NK aircraft if you wish to keep it relevant.

link   
Guys drop the madness!!

Any new news arising?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocents

Is there an aircraft forum?

This discussion is started few pages earlier when I'm worried for the George Washington and I told the not well known advantages of the Russian tech. Then some American fan boy with their tech mania jumped at me, because I said something else, something what they don't want to hear. And here we're.

But here it's already 6.12am, so I'm leaving these oversensitive kiddos for their own. Bye-bye everyone.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Its on guys lets see what happens in this situation and have facts with a little less speculation.
edit on 27-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Its on guys

Did the exercises start in the Yellow Sea?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Its on guys lets see what happens in this situation and have facts with a little less speculation.

Want to be a bit more specific?

My PC is on?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Would appreciate a link if you have one.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger

Its on guys

Yeah they started a while ago

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger

Its on guys

Yes they have.. en.rian.ru...

S. Korea, U.S. start naval drills near N. Korean border

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If the Nutjob Regime in North Korea finally snaps its last twig, Millions of innocent people are going to die. I think that, in its self, warrants a stop to this childish behavior in this thread. Utilize the Private Messaging system for what its meant. Keep it off the thread please.

I personally feel that this crisis won't be resolved without lives lost. A change in NK leadership, I think, is pushing this saber rattling. But I seriously believe its more than just "propaganda". I don't want to be right, but I can't ignore my gut on this one.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

But thats it. thats the only advantage it has over the f15.

And it's size, it's maneuverabilty. The Mig29 is small as an F16, while it's capable to do everything what an F15. So it's somewhere between the F16 and the F15.

I also know that any U.S. Tech you may have seen up close or even sat in was the watered down export model because just like Russia even if the country we sell to is our ally today we still won't give them the top of the line model encase we have to fight them tomorrow.

Actually that F15 was the part of the USAF and the Mig29 was an original Fulcrum left by the Russian comrades when they got out from my country in 1989. So no export models was played in this game.

you might actually want to talk to someone that knows how the current gen sonar actually works! And trust me its alot better than what hollywood shows in movies. and the reason that subs colide under water is not because they are blind but because they cannot stop on a dime. and Subs use passive sonar not active sonar as to not give away their position!

Actually this is how it works. But if the enemy sub is passive, your active sonar won't find it either. You know it's a vica-versa game. Plus the subs are capable to hide in the streams. So I'm right and you just confirmed it with everything what you've said. Thank you very much.
edit on 27-11-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

your a moron.. lol.. just really a moron.. now how is a mig-29 going to shoot down any thing.. when the U.S can do it from 150 miles away? and that is standard in our F-22 mig-29 range what 30-50? that was the problem.. and why the united states doesn't fear NK.. I used to be In SK in the army.. and I hope they don't cross the 37th but hell it would be an wild couple of days.. not sk army U.S army lol.. and Hungry is a joke always has been always will be..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Oh and here north korea is scared crapless they will not do ANYTHING

US And Korea Officially Begin War Exercises -- Japanese Cabinet Put On Alert

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
If the Nutjob Regime in North Korea finally snaps its last twig, Millions of innocent people are going to die. I think that, in its self, warrants a stop to this childish behavior in this thread. Utilize the Private Messaging system for what its meant. Keep it off the thread please.

I personally feel that this crisis won't be resolved without lives lost. A change in NK leadership, I think, is pushing this saber rattling. But I seriously believe its more than just "propaganda". I don't want to be right, but I can't ignore my gut on this one.

Same here. This situation feels very different.
edit on 27-11-2010 by boomadatigger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
N. Korea Escalates Tensions as US Military Drills Begin

These war games are getting serious, who will flinch 1st?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AvireX
Guys drop the madness!!

Any new news arising?

Yes and this from CBC, same BBC if you would compare it, CBC Has always been PRO american PRO Globalization
Pro European Union.

www.cbc.ca...

Usually CBC allows commenting by users from around the world, but such topics like this one commenting is closed, so much for freedom of opinion, i guess.

Meanwhile, the North worked to justify one of the worst attacks on South Korean territory since the 1950-53 Korean War. Read more: www.cbc.ca...

So Trusting western media press for Fair reporting cant be trusted, those anyone remember how CNN embarrassed themselves during the short war in Georgia?

www.youtube.com...

Still cant take this image of my head

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I realize that I am probably whipping a dead horse, but for sake of returning this thread to the rails I'll give a go.

North Korea has no where to go. He cannot hope to break the boarder and move south. He could never control once free people. Worse, those people would 'contaminate' the people the people he dose control.

He cannot move north.One miss-step his EXTREAMLY lavish life style is over. This is Why I say this is all no more than propaganda. False flag. This will blow over.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
Actually this is how it works. But if the enemy sub is passive, your active sonar won't find it either. You know it's a vica-versa game. Plus the subs are capable to hide in the streams. So I'm right and you just confirmed it with everything what you've said. Thank you very much.

my last reply to you.

If you think thats how sonar works then nothing anyone says will change your mind. the reason the subs collide is because both subs are using passive sonar not one using passive and the other active.

A sub will only use active sonar if it has detected a threat and is trying to track it. passive sonar is essentially listening for the sound made by vessels. if the other sub is running quiet then you won't hear them with passive sonar. and since most subs have highly accurate maps of the ocean they don't need to use active sonar for navigation

And if the passive sonar receiver is not pointed in the right direction there is a good chance you wouldn't hear another sub coming from the opposite direction until it was to close to do anything to prevent the collision.

Again you might want to talk to someone that actually knows about sonar. See all i have to do is pick up the phone and call my father who spent time in the navy. and all that time he spent in the navy he was a sonar operator. or i can call my cousin who is currently in the navy that is sonar op on a sub!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join