It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30000 people killed every year in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Relationship between nuclear explosion and suicide rates

This is fascinating, Japan, one of the most beautiful places in the world, and one of the most fascinating rising cultures have over 30000 suicides every year.

Is there any connection between the high number of suicide and the nuclear bomb?

What do you guys think? Any conspiracy behind such a high number of suicide?

Relationship between nuclear explosion and suicide rates

a. Suicide in US is 34000/year. Rate 11.3 suicide deaths per 100,000 people.
b. Suicide in South Korea is over 30000/year. Rate 31 suicide deaths per 100,000 people.

There is only one country in the world which has higher suicide rate than South Korea.
That country is Belarus.
Guess what:

On the 26th April 1986 there was an explosion at a nuclear power plant, on the boarder between Ukraine and Belarus. Many tons of radioactive materials were thrown into the air. Some of these were carried around the world, but 75% of the radioactive fallout blew north and fell on the Land and people of Belarus. Only 1% of Belarussian land is classed as uncontaminated ( by international standards) A quarter of the countries best farmland and forests were poisoned for hundreds of years by caesium 137 and strontium 90.

www.cotswolds.info...

c. Suicide rate in Belarus equates to 35.1 per 100,000 people.

Suicides increased by 20.7 percent in number in Belarus last year.

democraticbelarus.eu...

Coincidence?

For more Suicide statistics visit Wikipedia.
edit on 27-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Is there any connection between the high number of suicide and the nuclear bomb?

What do you guys think? Any conspiracy behind such a high number of suicide?

No Oozy, Japans tradition of death before dishonour has always seen many suicides, way before the bombs dropped..
I suggest you read a little history..
There is not always a conspiracy..

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I am not sure of any copnspiracy but my Japanese cousin commited suicide a few years ago. I didn't know the suicide rate was that high though. I wonder what it is in the US.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
you should change the title to "kill themselves" instead of killed.

and wasn't seppukku (sp?) around way before the bombs were dropped? It just seems to me that ritual suicide of that sort has been a part of their culture for a long time. off to look it up now as I'm intrigued.

also how many americans kill themselves each year?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Failure to complete what is expected from you by your elders might suicide for them. Not sure, i don't leave there but it is a theory.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Japan also has a culture of indifference to each other-if one gets involved they accept responsibility.

A friend of mine told me a story about trying to ressuscitate an elderly man who was using an electrified hot tub in a gym.. Why one would want to use that-no idea. The old guy's heart stopped and everyone just got out of the hot tub and pretended like they didn't see him. My friend drug him out of the tub and did CPR till the medics arrived. The town gave him a plaque for trying to help.

I think it has to do with the old saying there "The nail that stands out gets hammered down.". Recrimination is a weird weird thing.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Any conspiracy behind such a high number of suicide?

Yep.

Japan is one of the few countries in the world that reports suicide numbers honestly.

Most countries in the "west" don't report suicides as such unless there is no other option. Common other terms for suicide: death by misadventure, accidental overdose, drunk driving... then there's the "...died suddenly" term in the obituary column.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

yeah they made a movie about it called the suicide club it was horrible plot wise but its a cult classic from japan. i dont think they med up their people like we do here also no time off work. Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. ect ect ect ect ect

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf i dont think they med up their people like we do here also no time off work.

Yeah, I guess that explains why you never see Japanese tourists anywhere.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Electric Crown

1. The title is fine, they are killed.

2. Did you watch the documentary? Watch the whole documentary, it tries to explain the reason behind suicide.

a. Suicide in US is 34000/year. Rate 11.3 suicide deaths per 100,000 people.
b. Suicide in South Korea is over 30000/year. Rate 31 suicide deaths per 100,000 people.

There is only one country in the world which has higher suicide rate than South Korea.
That country is Belarus.
Guess what:

On the 26th April 1986 there was an explosion at a nuclear power plant, on the boarder between Ukraine and Belarus. Many tons of radioactive materials were thrown into the air. Some of these were carried around the world, but 75% of the radioactive fallout blew north and fell on the Land and people of Belarus. Only 1% of Belarussian land is classed as uncontaminated ( by international standards) A quarter of the countries best farmland and forests were poisoned for hundreds of years by caesium 137 and strontium 90.

www.cotswolds.info...

new topics

top topics

join