It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Country Is A Better Alternative Than The U.S.?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
My opinion: no place is like America for an American. Ive been all over the world and lived in 3 countries for an extended period of time. Things may look better elsewhere, but they arent really. Not that we are perfect here in the US, but we are different and sometimes when growing up here you cant really acclimate as well as you might think elsewhere. I love my country and I refuse to abandon her... Id rather work and do my part to point her in the right direction. Id love to see her be a republic again, but who knows.. we're an amazing and very young country, the possibilities for our future are open to the making right now. I also dont like or understand the idea of running off for greener pastures like a scared bunny when the going gets rough.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Here is a new idea - stay in your own country.

NZ always welcomes people, but right now we are coping with 29 dead miners, and we are grieving - and we are coping with huge unemployment.

So, I would like to ask one question.

If you were born in a country, why would you want to go to another?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Id have to say Canada, its friendly, full of natural resources, we are not run by 1 person, every single person who lives in Canada legally has health care, we pay for it with our taxes but its pennies in a bucket if you add up all your doctor and hospital visits and costly surgeries over your life time. You get what you pay fore. We have our problems but we are peaceful compared to rest. Everyone is welcome to Canada, but its your decision, where ever you feel conferable living i wish you well. (^_^)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown32

Yes, I think Canada is great - it is the country most like NZ in the world - we have many Canadians here.

Do you have a lot of NZers?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I am American and could never be anything other than American. I was born here, raised here and I have lived here my entire life. I don't care what happens or what the rest of the citizens do, but Im not leaving my home for anyone or anything.

This is my homeland and I would rather lose my life defending it than trying to live some fake make believe existence and having to pretend Im "Swiss" or whatever.

Saying nothing at all negative about any of these countries listed, but I would have better odds living on the moon than living in Brazil or Sweden.

Im here for the long haul because I have nowhere else to go and no desire to leave, and if I have to go down with the ship then it's been a good ride.

Win, lose or tie ....Im an American til I die

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Here is a new idea - stay in your own country.

NZ always welcomes people, but right now we are coping with 29 dead miners, and we are grieving - and we are coping with huge unemployment.

So, I would like to ask one question.

If you were born in a country, why would you want to go to another?

Ok I don't mean to be offensive or anything but your post just made me want to say something. Here in India thousands of people die every single day from accidents, starvation. thirst, religious conflicts, natural disasters etc etc etc. More than half the country lives well below the poverty line. We have shoddy infrastructure, rampant corruption at every level of government and foreign companies (U.S & U.K) spreading their tentacles in every major city possible feeding people images of a beautiful world where you can buy a fancy house, a fancy car, a fancy phone etc and plunging people deeper into debt.

But despite all this I love my country, which is why I find it bizarre that people who live in highly developed countries seem to think that they have it really bad. I recently went to Germany during the time of the Berlin parade disaster and the entire country was in mourning. Yes it was tragic but I'm so hardened by what goes on in my own country that I barely batted an eyelid.

Point is everytime you or anyone else thinks you have it bad, think about other places that have it FAR FAR worse. I'm sure there are many countries out there that have it worse than India (Pakistan for example), which is why despite all the problems here I'm still quite happy living here.

And yes, change does start with each individual but unfortunately the government propaganda and media machine bombards everyone everyday at every level imaginable that 99 out of a 100 people are going to just go with the flow rather than fight it. I've learnt the best way to fight everything is to step out of the rat race and do my own thing in my own time and in my own capacity while giving up on a lot of things that only SEEM 'necessary' to live a comfortable life.

Either way, your mind is your home and no one can touch that as long as you don't let them

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatgoblin

Wise words

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Coastal Spain (Mediterranean). From Barcelona down to Almeria. Plenty of English-German-Dutch "colonies" all along the coast. Afforadable houses, sat tv -but no Direct TV America in Spain :@:@ but on cable you can get CNNInt NBC FOXNEWS. Easy and slow living if you avoid big cities. Regarding employment you should probably run your own business, shop, pub, night-club, worshop, garage... We have the highest rates of unemployment in the EU. Taxes are rising as the World is going down, that: you cant evade from wherever you go im afraid.

Or Canary Islands! I'd definetly go there. Well Im Spanish (Barcelona), quite easy for me. It's european-spanish soil (southEST point of the EU) where all that's been said above it's applyable, weather is unbeatbly good, we call those islands paradise. When you want to relax and get tanned you fly to the Canary Islands. Learn some spanish before because that might be helpful.
edit on 26-11-2010 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2010 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I wonder how many other countries will continue to accept your fat lazy americans leaching off our social welfare. America has become the new land of the gypsies.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fianna
I wonder how many other countries will continue to accept your fat lazy americans leaching off our social welfare. America has become the new land of the gypsies.

HAH! I was going to mention the fact that our schools dont teach a foreign language as its done in Europe, our people arent typically bilingual, and how did they expect to make a living in a new country. Then again, its highly ignorant as well to believe that Americans are by and large "fat lazy and ignorant". Gotta love those anti American sentiments and oh so intelligent blanket statements

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

You've made at least two posts in this topic that caught my eye. I really liked what you've said and echo the "wise words" post above me in regards to your last post.

But what really caught my eye and made me laugh out loud was your observation of my country:

I've travelled around the world extensively and from what I've gathered America is a great country but whenever I've been there I couldn't shake the feeling that something just wasn't right. It's like there's something or someone that's watching everything and waiting for the right moment to pull the plug.

I think a lot of us Americans feel that way, which is why so many of us end up here on a conspiracy site!
You didn't happen to pass through the Denver International Airport and get a look at their "art" did you? That'll do it!

I do understand the points made by people who are upset that the OP asks about moving at all. But you can't fault the OP his frustration. I've spent the most recent election painstakingly researching candidates so I could vote the scum out of office. It did absolutely no good--the career politicians are still there, stuck like ticks on a dog. They're only going to go when they're good and ready to drop off of their own accord, having sucked us all dry. My husband and I do get involved in community concerns and we are seeing and hearing at every level that good honest people are dropping like flies out of the political process because there's some serious money and influence and plain nastiness backing the corrupt ones.

Perhaps the way to change things is for all the good honest people to aggregate in a few counties or states in truly significant numbers. Being scattered amongst really dumb sheep voters or the ones who are entitlement minded and therefore willing to keep themselves in a permanent dependent underclass just isn't going to get us anywhere. That thing they're trying in New Hampshire sounds promising.

I'm definitely staying put in this country and probably my current location. Every generation in this country has had the evils of its day to face down, and if you look at our previous generations' accomplishments to that end, they were largely successful in their endeavors. We've tackled slavery, Jim Crow, child labor, environmental issues (always going to be with us in some form) and so many other past issues and problems. It's the American Way to reflect on that which needs to be changed and fight to change it. We don't always get to it right away or know what to do at first, but there is always someone among us who figures it out and helps us get the job done.

And my loyalty to my region is helped along by the fact I'm deathly afraid of some of the bugs and reptiles other kinds of creatures that live elsewhere! If I ever do have to move, scary critters will be one thing I will factor into my decision, along with the severity of the weather and relative stability of the ground underfoot. Even my seismically sleepy area had an earthquake. It was tiny but it was enough for me. Too much shaking going on these days. New Zealand may be awesome but I think it may shake too much for my tastes.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

Don't forget SWEDEN

Yep, we have the four seasons, women, economy, non-policestate, men, freedom of speech, justicesystem, rehabilitatingphilosofysystem, healtcare...imo and much more. I love it and i feel blessed every singel time i turn on the news knowing this # presented on the various channels wont happen to us.

Welcome over matie! This goes for all of you looking for a haven.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I do understand the points made by people who are upset that the OP asks about moving at all. But you can't fault the OP his frustration. I've spent the most recent election painstakingly researching candidates so I could vote the scum out of office. It did absolutely no good--the career politicians are still there, stuck like ticks on a dog. They're only going to go when they're good and ready to drop off of their own accord, having sucked us all dry. My husband and I do get involved in community concerns and we are seeing and hearing at every level that good honest people are dropping like flies out of the political process because there's some serious money and influence and plain nastiness backing the corrupt ones.

WOW.. do we have a bit in common! I have a tale to tell you sometime about my husband and I putting together an crime stopper type org in our city on our dime.. our meeting with the police chief and mayor.. and just how darned corrupt things are under the surface! It made me physically ill...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
I think a lot of us Americans feel that way, which is why so many of us end up here on a conspiracy site!
You didn't happen to pass through the Denver International Airport and get a look at their "art" did you? That'll do it!

I haven't been to DIA but of course I do know what you're talking about

I've been to New York, Atlanta, L.A, Washington, Jersey and a few more places around the States since I have a lot of relatives there. Loved it but I always felt an uneasiness that I've never felt in any other country I've visited. And I've felt this even before I got into the whole Conspiracy/NWO/UFO/Free mason/Occult/Paranormal/Reptilian/Dodgy ketchup yadda yadda.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Hi,

Yes I realize that, I am sorry for your country.

I do send money to SaveTheChildren - and I hope some of that gets to your children.

The reason NZ is hurting so much is that we have a small population.

I understand and I really feel for your country.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I'm gonna add one more thing to this, no matter WHERE you go, you get good AND bad, unless you can go live on your own island, youre gonna find the SAME PROBLEMS, no matter WHAT country you go to, poverty, unemployment, poltics, etc etc

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
A bad day in the US is still better than a good day in any Latin or South American country anyday.With all this survaillence network set up don't you feel safer?What goes up must come down the law of gravity and politics remember you voted for these people, now you have to live with your decisions, running away won't help it is just a sign of your weakness. Republicans have said they are going to stop the Anchor baby debate, I thought we elected them because they said JOBS were the first priority.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! Maybe I'll leave the U.S., maybe I'll move to another state, maybe move to a small town, or even stay right where I'm at. The whole idea is just topic of entertainment... thinking and calculating the current and "whit if" factors. At the minimum, I have some good reasons to vacation to the places you've mentioned

Hello negative people.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Right on, its your life and your choice. Who cares what someone else thinks? I have lived in several countries including my own and have grown and learnt from each move. I am back in NZ now and see that yes its beautiful but my word it has its problems. Low pay, high cost of food (well high cost of living full stop), social issues, earthquakes are common and houses here are crap. Yes, they are (just answering those Kiwis on this site who have not lived anywhere else and don't know better). We don't have central heating (it does get cold enough) and we have a binge drinking culture that is gettng out of hand. My point is, everywhere has its issues. My advice would be to thoroughly check anywhere before making the leap - even visit a few times if finances allow. And have work lined up already for when you arrive coz the money soon runs out. Good luck to whatever you decide.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join