It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharia lessons for pupils aged six: BBC uncovers weekend schools that teach pupils how to hack off t

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

You meen the independant founded by Rupert Murdoch?
Dam, ok, I believe it now...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hmm,

Its a religious teaching at a private religious school...meh.
Religion, in my opinion, is dangerous...name one religion that isn't a bloodbath religion...old testiment judism? heh..thats amusing, body count is superhigh. Christianity? tell that to the multitutude of christian terrorists bombing and shooting abortion doctors and such. Islam...you get the picture.

Sharia law is a general term actually...there is a modern version which, like modern judism or christianity, warps the original texts to be more euphamisms...cutting the hands off = stopping the person from having and whatnot..etc. Moderate muslims follow this...however, the noisy fringe will always paint the picture for the whole movement...sadly, islam's fringe is exceptionally barbaric.

The literalist fringe of islam will view sharia law as how its simply written...no need to try and adapt it for a modern psychology. This is where you get the hand cutting, the acceptable murder of anyone not a convert, etc.

I have not read the previous posts before posting (my bad), but I can guess that there is the common christian bashing, trying to equate the two as the same. as an agnostic/athiest, I can say that if I had to live under one wacky religion imposed on me...I would choose christianity. Christianity is taught to love me even if I am a non believer...islam teaches to convert or kill me...if a person is going to react to me based on what some invisible space ghost tells him to do...I prefer prayer and flowers verses a gun...just saying.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Christianity? tell that to the multitutude of christian terrorists bombing and shooting abortion doctors

Yep but that is not christian values is it?

How many americans are socalled christians, but supported bush and his wars?

Christian ways and values are not what your decribing. Christians do not create bloodbaths, and its the only religion that ever have projected out a religion is what a religion should be, caring.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
In all honesty, this is Britain's fault, 100%!!!
They need to get off their arses and make sharia law illegal, but since that is hard do it indirectly
something like praticing any ideology that causes harm of violent or oppressive nature is hereby illegal.
something like that.

Furthermore, in my opinion you need to be open to the possibility that Britain is allowing this to happen intentionally.

making sharia law illegal would be akin to saying the ten commandments are illegal. hell, even most of the middle east do not use "sharia law" as their law system...granted, their law system is mirrored very close to sharia law as it is written, but ultimately, its more of a base inspiration for how to structure your laws....

like the 10.

Actually, most of sharia law is pretty mundane and universal stuff...property ownership, etc. Some is spiritual in nature (pray 5 times a day facing mecca, make the pilgrimage..), some is punishment phase, some is how to divorce, etc.
its pretty diverse (from what I have read anyhow)...and not all forms of sharia is actually "bad"..just the wacky fringe stuff.
There is no dress code, there is no ultra sexism, hell, islam's view on women is actually pretty equal. They say ultimately a person whom is a fornicator can marry only another fornicator..(aka, virgins to virgins, non-virgins to non-virgins to non-virgins)...whereas judism basically says stone to death non virgins.

They say that a man can have up to 4 wives so long as he treats them all equally..this is odd to western society, however, there is an argument to be made that men do alot better with more than one wife. simple biology shows us that men are seeders and women are nurturers...men provide, women raise...I tend to actually agree to an extent based simply on psychology and biology. Might cut down on broken marriages actually.

-There are a few things I am very against in islam as a whole
-the endless prayer...poor setup. Why does a deity need that much prayer
the no intoxicants. First off this is highly subjective (television can be argued to be a intoxicant) and a better rule would be to demand control over anything you do.
-the punishments are extreme for illegal activity. if they say their god is merciful, such attributes should be shown in the laws the god gave man also. understand verses start the chopping
-the hate. there is alot of anger and hate. When muhammed was alive, he was struggling..it was a rough time, and so the lessons and psychology of the time is shown. the problem is that he takes the general survival of the fittest type meme and aggressive stand of the time and put it for all time...this is simple short signtedness. I wonder if muhammed knew how big his channeling and visions would go...and if he would have done things differently with that foresight. its one thing to have rules for a cult or gang your creating to survive the time..its another to lay down a foundation for a major world religion.

I am not overly versed in islam...I did the typical skimming, however my skimming is probably more than most people whom are breathlessly anti-islam...if I am incorrect on some of my views, then feel free to mention it, I just went on what I read...however, there may be some verse later on that contradicts or changes what it says.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Combining this bbc story with the headline from a few weeks ago stating Muhammed was the most popular name in the UK for baby boys sort of makes one wonder.......

I have a few musician friends from the UK that I collaborate with and they tell me the immigration problem over there is worse than it is in the States! What the hell is going on across the pond?

Better watch out for an uprising from within....

link   
More fuel to add to the English Defence League Street Movement.

There is hope, dont give up fellow Britons.

link   

Can you imagine if something similar to this was going on with christian children in the US?

S+F for pointing out this issue
edit on 22-11-2010 by FTD Brat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

[QUOTE]The Independent was first published on 7 October 1986 as a broadsheet. It was produced by Newspaper Publishing plc and created by Andreas Whittam Smith, Stephen Glover and Matthew Symonds. All three were former journalists at The Daily Telegraph who had left the paper towards the end of Lord Hartwell's ownership. Marcus Sieff was the first chairman of Newspaper Publishing and Whittam Smith took control of the paper.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
On 25 March 2010 Independent News & Media sold the newspaper to a company controlled by Alexander Lebedev and Evgeny Lebedev.[5] The father and son had bought a controlling stake in London's Evening Standard, a newspaper based in the same building, in 2009. Two weeks later, editor Roger Alton stood down.[6]
[/QUOTE]

Even if Murdoch owned the newspaper, that still doesn't change the fact that they are reporting on a documentary that will be shown tonight rather than their own research.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I DONT WANT TO SINK ANYONES BOAT HERE BUT IF PEOPLE WOULD BOTHER TO DO THERE RESEARCH ABOUT THERE OWN RELIGIONS THEY WOULD REALISE MY STATEMENT TO BE TRUE!

Some people are sooo dumb, blindly following a book written by a sinful man who was possesed. It totally contridicts itself and the laws made to follow it are BULL yes BULL people, If there is a so called GOD "god" would punish us and therefore others would be sinning for punishing others, thinking they are therefore god and have a right to punish others in "gods" place also GOD wouldnt punish "gods" own creation for the flaws that "god" made in "gods" own creation. We are exactly how "god" made us and therefore "god" has no right to complain or punish us! THINK ABOUT IT SHEEPLE - IM REFFERING TO THE QUARAN AND SHARIA LAW - THESE PEOPLE ARE SO IGNORANT THEY CANT SEE PASSED THERE OWN NOSES!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ok - I'm about to propose something shocking here - so hold on.

Instead of this going back and forth about what the program will say. Instead of getting sidetracked by schools vs movies arguments lets do something different...

Lets actually watch the show and then comment on what it says..

BBC Panaroma - British Schools, Islamic Rules

Its supposed to air at 8:30 tonight and looks like it will be available online after airing.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
A LOT OF PEOPLE THINKS THAT WHEN THEY OPEN THE BIBLE OR THE CORAN GOD IS ACTUALLY TALKING TO THEM
SO WHAT HAPPENDS WHEN U CLOSE THAT BOOK???????

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

It will be on BBC iPlayer more or less immediately after broadcast.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The first thing that jumps to mind when reading this article... who is funding these "classes". I hasn't read all the posts yet, so apologies if its already came up. I read some of a red top article on it today, and to me it smells of conspiracy.

Let's just say, some powerful institution wants to justify a war. At first they may pay or hire someone to change public opinion against the opposition. But after everything unravelling at the feet of western governments and the banking industry, would it be much of a stretch that if you believe they could do some of the things claimed on this site, that they could "educate" the "enemy" to become more hateable/ hateful?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Thanks - I'm not in UK myself so I wasn't sure what the gap was between air and online for the show. I just saw that the site had all the past shows online so I knew it would be up sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seekeroftruthkiss

I DONT WANT TO SINK ANYONES BOAT HERE BUT IF PEOPLE WOULD BOTHER TO DO THERE RESEARCH ABOUT THERE OWN RELIGIONS THEY WOULD REALISE MY STATEMENT TO BE TRUE!

Some people are sooo dumb, blindly following a book written by a sinful man who was possesed. It totally contridicts itself and the laws made to follow it are BULL yes BULL people, If there is a so called GOD "god" would punish us and therefore others would be sinning for punishing others, thinking they are therefore god and have a right to punish others in "gods" place also GOD wouldnt punish "gods" own creation for the flaws that "god" made in "gods" own creation. We are exactly how "god" made us and therefore "god" has no right to complain or punish us! THINK ABOUT IT SHEEPLE - IM REFFERING TO THE QUARAN AND SHARIA LAW - THESE PEOPLE ARE SO IGNORANT THEY CANT SEE PASSED THERE OWN NOSES!!!!!!!!

I cant argue with your logic except for the fact that those who act in Gods stead will have a greater judgement than anyone else...

God does not need our protection, if He did He would be one lame God.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Sharia lessons for pupils aged six: BBC uncovers 'weekend schools' that teach pupils how to hack off thieves' hands

www.dailymail.co .uk

Around 5,000 children attend a network of 40 schools Children in Britain are being taught brutal Sharia law punishments, including how to hack off a criminal’s hand or foot. So-called ‘weekend schools’ for Muslim pupils as young as six also teach that the penalty for gay sex is execution and that ‘Zionists’ are plotting to take over the world for the Jews One set textbook challenges youngsters to list the‘reprehensible’ qualities of Jews
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22/11/10 by argentus because: fixed headline

Animosty and ignorance at its' near best.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm not even going to read the thread, or the OP - I know what's been said already without having to.

Stop the bigotry towards Muslims. This issue is about the fascist state of Saudi Arabia, that uses religion as a tool of its' oppression, and the stupid British government and their useless OfSTED organisation.

All of you Muslim hating scum can go whistle for all I care - if you're going to hate a religion, do it properly, become a militant atheist like me. Don't just hate them because they're different and have darker skin! Because that's RACISM and it isn't clever - it's stupid.

Rev.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant[

All of you Muslim hating scum can go whistle for all I care - if you're going to hate a religion, do it properly, become a militant atheist like me. Don't just hate them because they're different and have darker skin! Because that's RACISM and it isn't clever - it's stupid.

Rev.

Wow, seriously programmed being. Where did you get your best 'education'?

LOL, ahh, ahve no idea how that happned. Sorry.

edit on 22-11-2010 by VeritasInvictus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Radical! I dont think so.
I think the whole country is like that.
BUT they have see other country that dont do this maddens.
And they wont a change for them serfs.
If they where all that bad.
We would have a bombing in ever western country each day.
Are own governments are mostly to blame.
They can totally control all that happens in are own schools/
but some small schools they dont even try.
The teachers at these schools should be deported as terrorists.
They are teaching terrorism.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I really think its the religions which are at fault. No one seems to mind that gods chosen, who call us untermensh ie_ an animal or a sub human. They smile as they call us goyim. just like the nazis who called us untermensh/goyim.
All religions are the same, a load of rubbish with which to control people with. Who would the christians jesus bomb? Oh those nice peace loving muslims. My nice loving kind religion, is better than yours and if you dont believe me I will blow myself up and kill you. All this badness/madness is instilled into us at an early age. By our nice kind gentle loving religious folk.
We will only have peace on earth, after we hang or crucify all the religious people. All the priests rabbis mullahs and any other idiot who wants us to commit murder, in their version of the nice kind gentle spirit in the sky. Send them all to their gods as heros and they will be glad to be with their god. Not half as glad as will be the people here on earth who dont have to believe in some load of made up bollocks. We could then just get on with life in peace, with out some nutter wanting to kill every one who dosnt believe in their version of the gentle loving kind spirit in the sky

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join