It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland, Greece, Ireland, next ones Portugal, Spain? EU break-up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The financial crises started in 2008, as Iceland collapsed.
In late 2009 Greece was the next one to be bailed out, and now Ireland is about to be bailed out as well.

Portugal is already the next on the list and this is very likely. 2011?

Then, I would assume Spain (with more than 20% official unemployment) in 2012
Italy in 2013
France in 2014
Then US, UK and Germany in 2015

Could this happen?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Deffitnaly the Begining of something but i doubt the EU will break up, more likely this will trigger the birth of new enitys of power IE cartels North american, south american,... and so on

only way for us to take the next step of society is to cast of the old ways and prey we come though better at the end...exciting times to be alive eh ?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Do you think the outcome will be that optimistic?

How do you think the population will react to the austherity packs, great unemployment, rise in prices, a general situation between economic recession and depression.

I think in a few years, we will see massive uprisings and social trouble in both Europe and America.
It's already hard.

Originally posted by TreX-UK
Deffitnaly the Begining of something but i doubt the EU will break up, more likely this will trigger the birth of new enitys of power IE cartels North american, south american,... and so on

only way for us to take the next step of society is to cast of the old ways and prey we come though better at the end...exciting times to be alive eh ?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by segurelha

thats what the prey thing is all about...if relgion is your thing

will get a lot harder for sure, the "westen" way of life is coming to a end plain and simple chinas increaseing of the Reserve the other day was the final nail in the coffin for me, they are steping up to be the big boys, only way the rest of the world will be able to compete at some leval would be to form "Blocs" bit like that old DOS game Syndicate

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Could somebody please explain for me what a financial bailout actually is and what its supposed to do.

Today I hear that Ireland has a 'blackhole' in it's public sector budget. Now I assume the bailout is a loan from somebody so they can keep paying these folk in the public sector. But what is the point of doing that. Surely the fact is they have people doing jobs which the country can't afford to have, so instead of saying we cant afford them and sacking them they are going to borrow some money and keep paying them. Does that not lead to nowhere ?

If you or I had bills coming in and we couldn't afford to pay them, and instead of doing without whatever the bills are for we decided to get a loan and keep paying them, we would simply end up in more trouble.

I think they are just putting off the inevitable and making matters worse. What could possibly change in the economy that is going to turn things around ?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Another thought I had was that the amount of bailout loan is to 90 billion euros. Irelands population is only 6 million. I think that equates to 15000 euros per person.

Presumably the idea of a loan is to spread the cost of it over the entire european union. Population of that is 500 million, which equates approx 1500 euros each person.

I don't pretend to understand it just appears to be completely ludicrous

edit add this Eurozone in crisis

The UK is not in the Eurozone, but notice it's debt is actually higher than Ireland's

edit on 21-11-2010 by bigyin because: add link

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think the idea is to economically destroy these countries so that the elites who have been printing money by the trillion can buy up all the failing corporations and turn them into a super corporation. not so long ago and company that turned over a billion dollars was MEGA, then a few years ago we would expect a major company to be making a billion dollars a quarter. Just imagine a corporation turning over a trillion dollars a month! that is what we are about to see and Europe is the experiment/location for it.

The currencies are being or will be destroyed to ensure that only those in the power circle are left with the means to buy up everything. I mean you don't want some billionaire getting his hands on what should be yours now do you.!

If you live in Europe ensure you have supplies to last you a year or so and then when the SHTF you will survive the chaos until the relocations begin. Get on the cattle carts and follow the instructions, no need to worry everything will be just fine. Get off when told and go to your temporary accommodation in the wooden hut within the safe zone which is surrounded by barbed wire for your protection. Drink the water it is very refreshing for you and enjoy the shower you will get the next morning after being processed to check your identity. The shower will give you a totally new lease of life - DEATH

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I don't think the EU would bail out the USA.

Just sayin

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
EU Will crash mark my words. empires or unions cant last forever.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Irish Rescue Plan Turns Investors' Focus to Southern Europe: Euro Credit

Ireland’s plan to seek a European rescue risks escalating, rather than alleviating, the sovereign debt crisis as investors turn their focus to the high budget- deficit nations of southern Europe.

Ireland’s Nov. 21 decision to request emergency aid from the European Union and the International Monetary Fund did little to reverse the jump in borrowing costs. The extra yield investors demand to hold Spanish and Portuguese 10-year debt rather than German bunds rose yesterday. The spread between Spanish and Italian yields also widened, indicating investors see increasing threats for Spain compared with Italy.

Even as EU leaders said Ireland’s bailout will stem contagion in the euro region, investors are turning their attention to Portugal, which hasn’t cut government spending and has barely grown for a decade. A rescue of Portugal may increase pressure on its high budget-deficit neighbor Spain, whose gross domestic product is almost twice the size of Portugal, Greece and Ireland combined.

top topics

join