It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian God: Why you gotta do me like that?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I truly apologize for the title to this thread. I'm sure you'll find a way to deal with it in your own special way.

This is a video I ran across which eloquently and succinctly sums up what I have thought for many years, but was inadequate to articulate. At least not this well. It is a supposition treatise of an atheist. I do not consider myself an atheist, but for what I do consider myself, there is as yet no word. I guess I'll have to make one up.

Anyway, just wanted to throw this out there, because it rings true for me, and thought there would be many others here that could enjoy it. And if you are a devout Christian - you definitely do not want to watch this video.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
And if you are a devout Christian - you definitely do not want to watch this video.

Why wouldn't I want to watch this video? I am curious as to his motivations for putting up the video in the first place. Was this a response to somebody in particular?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Good video. The guy makes a lot of sense. Very similar to the way I've always thought. If "He" does exist, He will understand.

I truly apologize for the title to this thread. I'm sure you'll find a way to deal with it in your own special way.

If there is a Christian God, you'll have to deal with him about the grammar

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
And if you are a devout Christian - you definitely do not want to watch this video.

Why wouldn't I want to watch this video? I am curious as to his motivations for putting up the video in the first place. Was this a response to somebody in particular?

That, my friend, is what we in the profession refer to as 'sarcasm'. This is not a response. I do not respond. Except for right now. I guess now I'm responding. But aside from now, I generally don't respond. In general.

As for my motivation for posting this video, that information is located in the OP. Evidenced by my clearly stating why I was posting this video.

Did you watch the video? Yes? Then my clever ruse of reverse psychology was effective. So predictable...

But seriously, I really just liked the way this was said. Aside from any deeper analysis of contradictions in the Bible, or lack of evidence for what it claims (discussions which I generally try to avoid anymore), I like the message.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Good video. The guy makes a lot of sense. Very similar to the way I've always thought. If "He" does exist, He will understand.

If there is a Christian God, you'll have to deal with him about the grammar

For the title of this thread, apologize I do. In your own special way, deal with it you must.

Money, I owe you?
edit on 21-11-2010 by DeltaChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaChaos

Oh so you are the person in that video? Yes I watched the whole thing, otherwise I wouldn't be able to comment on it at all.

edit to add: Perhaps I need to better clarify. I was inquiring what led the person in that video to put it up in the first place, not you. I did read your reasons why.
edit on 11/21/2010 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

edit to add: Perhaps I need to better clarify. I was inquiring what led the person in that video to put it up in the first place, not you. I did read your reasons why.

I would have to guess he put it up for the same reasons anyone posts a video to YouTube.

See: Justin Bieber

Fortunately for you and me, this guy is immensely more talented that Justin Bieber. Not that it's saying much...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Talented in what way? Philosophy over music? I dont know how you compare the two....
I do believe that the poster is an intelligent person, he speaks like someone who is and however "ethical" or "moral" he is, I would have to take his word on it. In the end all I came away from the video is it seemed it was directed at someone personally. Maybe just christians, who knows?

ps I am not a Justin Bieber fan.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Ok, Warrior. I understand now that this is a very serious subject. I'm sorry for attempting to make light of it, and other things along the way. In penance, I will commence self-flagellation forthwith. I am truly sorry for my transgression.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The entire video (in my opinion) is based on the false premise that the christian god is omni benevolent? Has the guy in the video ever read the Old Testament?

Lets see, He created the whole concept of toil and death because Eve ate from the tree of knowledge.

He destroyed the City of Sodom and turned Lots wife into a pillar of Salt.

He sent his son to earth to be crucified

He destroyed every living thing on the Earth accept the few on the Ark?

Where is the Omni benevolence in any of this? Where is this guy getting his magic hippy bus idea of a lovely forgiving God from, it's not from the bible thats for sure
edit on 21-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

He's referring to the Christian God, not the God of the Jews. They are one in the same, however, Christians believe that God changed his plan from one of total obedience to a plan of salvation. The crucifixion of Jesus was to be a symbol of a new covenant between God and man, by which the only requirement for salvation is repentance.

This is why he mentions that he is screwed because he has not accepted Jesus Christ as his lord and savior, while murders and rapist are free to enter the Kingdom of God so long as long as they do before they die.

Point taken, though. It is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You dont need to apologize to me. In fact I really don't understand your reply to my post. All I questioned was your "talent" comparison. Either way, thanks for the video, it was entertaining nonetheless!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

You dont need to apologize to me. In fact I really don't understand your reply to my post.

Because the reply was a joke, and since you have no sense of humor, you don't understand. For that I do apologize.

All I questioned was your "talent" comparison. Either way, thanks for the video, it was entertaining nonetheless!

Oh come on! Justin Bieber is just funny. The reason he is famous now is because he was discovered by way of YouTube video. It wasn't a "talent" comparison. It was a "YouTube" comparison.

I think what you fail to realize is that I'm not a very serious person. I joke around a lot. I figure as long as bullets aren't flying over, around, under, or through me, and my skin is not on fire, I'm happy. Yes, have some!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I have no sense a humor? Ok...ever heard of context? If someone doesn't get your "joke" maybe its because you suck at telling them. You presume a lot, your posts are ambiguous at best, how do you expect someone to understand where you are coming from?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Wound a little tight, then? Relax. You'll live longer.

And yeah, ambiguous is best.
edit on 25-11-2010 by DeltaChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Hey thanks for the tip! From your previous post I can see you have much wisdom!

top topics

join