It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family waits to see if mother, accused of blasphemy, will be hanged

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Actually every Muslim I've gotten to know in the US have been very nice people. It's wrong to label all Muslims over the actions of the radicals who happen to be in charge in some area's. I doubt the average citizens in those area's are any happier about the the radicals than we are. They are slaves with no way out.

I have also met some very nice Muslims, it's more about Islam. I also worry about those who seem to live peacefully in the US but kill their teens for disgracing them. We cant allow this to happen in the United States. Based on their religion or not.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
A women in an Islamic country, who is subjected to derision and intollerance, tells the truth - that Muhammad was no prophet. She is sentenced to death for telling the truth and for being smarter then the rest of the ignorant baboons over there.

Freak'n idiots.
Tell me again how this is a religion of peace and tolerance? :shk:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
A women in an Islamic country, who is subjected to derision and intollerance, tells the truth - that Muhammad was no prophet. She is sentenced to death for telling the truth and for being smarter then the rest of the ignorant baboons over there.

Freak'n idiots.
Tell me again how this is a religion of peace and tolerance? :shk:

To our culture it seems Barbaric but to them it is Islamic law. Do they bring their laws to the US. This is my concern.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Where's oozy?

Would be interesting to get his take on this.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It seems to me -and pardon the tangent- but we are caught up in a cycle of spiritual growth, which has been separated into worlds. I am only beginning to see the pattern, so forgive me if I am vague, but this old time religion -which was most likely spawned from the Vatican itself - is there to teach the very fundamental levels of humanism, perhaps not just to those who are entrapped within its system of control, but for others to observe the affects; perhaps we too (of this I am fairly certain) have been within the same horrible cycles and experiences and now have moved on to where we need to learn how to care for people outside of our own periphery, not necessarily in a vigilante-esque manner, either;re: invading countries in the name of 'democracy' or mob rule. The Universe is not without its sense of purpose if you try and view things from a less material and humanist perception.. that is to say, from an egotistic 'me' perception, and in the broader terms of human evolution, what is necessary to be experienced in order to learn the proper way to treat each other..

just a thought or two. A shame about the woman, I hope it works out for her in the long run. :/

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

You have some valid points. Do they bring these laws with them to the US? I believe they do. I've heard of teens being murdered by their fathers and Muslim youths hiding out in fear of repercussions. This is not a law we honer in our Country.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

This is how Christians would behave if they actually followed their Bible.

What the Bible says about stoning to death

You link here "Skeptic's Annotated Bible"?
Do you have any understanding at all what propaganda is? Does the title itself, not give you a clue?

Also, ALL the "annotations" and editorial comments in your link are from the OLD TESTAMENT.
You do know that Christians follow the NEW testament?

Or maybe you don't.
Now you do.
I hope for your future education and truth.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

The New Testament removed the eye for an eye and the violence.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is what happens when you combine church and state.

Dangerous combination.

All this suffering, war and violence - in the many names of "god".

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

This is how Christians would behave if they actually followed their Bible.

What the Bible says about stoning to death

So what?? The topic is not about what xtians would have done if time had not eliminated 90% of the barbarity of their cult. It's about what islam does despite existing in the same time as xtians, where 90% of the barbarity is etill enacted within their cult.

It's a common derailing theme -

Stattement : Islam does X.
Retort : So? Xtians did Y.

Difference and major points being the use of does/did, or in this case, would/do.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

I look at this as an act against Humanity and shouldnt be tolerated. Why dont they kick the poor woman out of the Mosques instead of killing her?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

You have some valid points. Do they bring these laws with them to the US? I believe they do. I've heard of teens being murdered by their fathers and Muslim youths hiding out in fear of repercussions. This is not a law we honer in our Country.

Sadly, we've recently had to deal with several cases of this in Canada. Not to make light of those horrible and pointless crimes, but I guess there are a large number of Muslims that haven't gotten the memo that any system of faith that would have you killing anyone, let alone your own children, over such trivial matters as staying out past curfew (sorry, 'disgracing the family') is inherently effed up and worthless.

Maybe it's just me (it probably isn't), but if I followed a religious faith and got to a part saying 'Oh yeah, if your kids or wife do anything to anger you it's your duty to kill them' my reaction would be 1) realizing it's insane, and 2) either letting go of my need for an organized religion or finding one that doesn't expect me to, i don't know, take a life in cold blood.

To the majority of intelligent and NOT insane Muslims: I've got no problem with you or the particular flavor of skycake you believe in. But you really have to do something about your crazy, drunk uncle. He's been getting violent, starting fights, abusing his wife in front of the guests, and to be honest, ruining this whole dinner party.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
There is something very disturbing here and no one has yet to catch it. This country is basically sentencing this woman to crime she may not have even committed. People tend to act harshly when they are in the heat of the moment.

What I believed happened.

Women takes a drink. Man gets angry because she is Christian. Man confronts her and they get into an argument. Man was losing argument. Man says she blasphemed.

The thing with blasphemy you don't need any proof in these countries. You could simply say she blasphemed! or She is a witch! and that woman is gone forever.

But really, what did you guys expect from tribal nations? Should America go in a liberate this country like Iraq and Afghanistan? Let these people follow their own laws and we follow ours.

edit on 21-11-2010 by Equinox99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

That's a good point maybe it happened the way you say.

There still cant be 2 sets of laws in one country though.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Ah yes, the religion of peace strikes again!!!

Lets see how muslims or Oozy will spin this now

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steam
Ah yes, the religion of peace strikes again!!!

Lets see how muslims or Oozy will spin this now

Yes, Oozy, the defender of all things Islamic is strangely silent on this one...is it possible we have finally uncovered an aspect of Islam that even he finds indefensible?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I gave oozy a link to this thread in a post in another thread.

His silence is indeed deafening.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
A bit of an update on this.

I was just reading where a preliminary investigation now shows she is innocent.

Official: Pakistani Christian woman falsely accused of blasphemy

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- A preliminary investigation shows that a Pakistani Christian woman has been falsely accused of insulting the Prophet Mohammed, a government official said Monday.

"The president asked me to investigate her case and my preliminary findings show she is innocent and the charges against her are baseless," Pakistani Minister for Minority Affairs Shahbaz Bhatti told CNN.

Evidently her family has been wanting her case looked into the full 15 months she's been locked up.

Here is the skinny on what apparently sparked all of this..

Prosecutors say Bibi, a 45-year-old field worker, insulted the Prophet Mohammed after she got into a heated argument with Muslim co-workers who refused to drink from a bucket of water she had touched.

In a brief news conference at the prison where she's being held, Bibi said Saturday that the allegations against her are lies fabricated by a group of women who don't like her.

"We had some differences and this was their way of taking revenge," she said.

Two things to keep in mind. 1st - the official stressed the findings are only preliminary. So, higher ups still have to give the OK to set her free. 2nd - there has been lots of outcry around the world about this and not a huge amount of support or defense of it, (much like the silence in this thread).

Either they actually investigated and found her innocent or bowed to political pressure. Either way - I hope she goes free.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Well, since like you say this is just a preliminary, probably something in this stone age cult'll probably find her guilty of not being guilty. What I want to know is, what happens to the those sick twisted women that accused this poor woman that almost got hung?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I can't believe such a thing still happens in the world today...

Islam is a satanic cult

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join