It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Too be honest, I don't really understand how this world works at the moment, so bear with me in my ignorance please.

It just seems to me that if the whole world embraced a UNIVERSAL common Religion ie, we ALL believe in a GOD, a UNIVERSAL common currency ie the CASH and, controversally, a UNIVERSAL ethneticity, as in we are all HUMAN BEINGS, would this not finally end most of the injustices going on in the WORLD at present. Am I just being too simplistic perhaps ?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Eventually, that is what the world will come to, most likely with out a universal religion. Globalization is the future of the planet--it's inevitable. The problem right now is that the majority of the world identifies themselves through nationalism, and TPTB are still pushing for globalization in spite of the centuries of cultural history in each region of the world which makes them unique, and not compatible at this time.

We can't even sit down and discuss issues without it turning ugly, yet our world leaders think we can all live together in peace? It's not possible at this time, and the poor implementation of the initial round of globalization is not helping matters. This first foray into true globalization has only served to widen the class gap in America, and consolidate wealth at the top through the exploitation of the developing world.

With the world continuing to blend economically, social and cultural meshing will inevitably follow, and, eventually, we'll be one world who identifies ourselves as humans. An alien threat of some kind could obviously speed this matter up, but I don't think we'll see global assimilation in our lifetime.
edit on 19-11-2010 by MGriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by getso

Ni hao getso..!

It just seems to me that if the whole world embraced a UNIVERSAL common Religion ie, we ALL believe in a GOD

Or....................we throw out the concept all together and march into the future with a clear mind, universally of course.

Enjoy your time here...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS.

If it wern't for greed, power and corruption, there could be a better world. There is so much potential.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think you're wrong on the religion thing at minimum. You can't control belief and I don't think you'd ever reach a position where you somehow contrived to make religion universal. Also there's the question of power and allegiance to state or church. For me this sounds like a nightmare scenario as I don't believe in organised religion anyway. You'd also have schisms and factions. It might hold together for a very short period but we aren't made that way. We're all different. Now if you'd said that there'd be no religion I'd be more inclined to agree but again it's got to be a free choice for people. Anyway I don't think religion is the problem I think some people would find an excuse to propogate strife whatever is in place there are always people looking to cause trouble and pain in the world, religion is a useful vehicle.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hi sorry should have said that it was a thought provoking question which actually caused me to write something which is very rare so thanks for that. Working my way towards those 20 posts.

Also can't see a problem with currency other than national pride and banking interests not wanting it but then I know absolutely nothing about finance so my opinion isn't worth diddly.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
" banking interests not wanting it "

That hit's the nail on the head my friend, far more than any God considerations, unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So where in your post is your introduction?

Is it because no one wants to respond to other threads 20 times before they can post a thread that they come here and start a thread that is not a introduction.

Can't anybody follow the simple rules for this site anymore?

Humans will not ever live in peace and harmony until they figure out one basic fact.

Races and elasticities belong where they are from.

The world has become really screwed up because humans started believing they can go just live anywhere.

They can not.

Evolution has created humans to live in harmony with their environment where they are from.

join