It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

facebook deleting comments? does that happen to you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
hey!

for the past few days, i have been returning to my facebook page, to find a BLANK comment next to my name.
now, i usually check out ATS, then post the cool stories to my facebook page, so my friends can learn the real news.

i have been posting warnings about F@LZE FL@GS coming up, because the TS@ wants to shove those X-R@y machines down our throats. since there is considerable backlash, the only way to convince the sheep are to make them 'think' they need those X-R@ay machines. which i assume will be a F@LZE FL@G.

so i started posting on tuesday, beware of F@LZE FL@GS.

i come home, and there is a blank comment next to my name.
but facebook is so quirky, i thought to myself, 'maybe i hit post, but it did not post, cause facebook crashed.'

now if that happened once, fine. but three times?
THEN,when i go back to check my pages, i notice all my poltical comments are missing.

i made a joke about ponytails, and that is still up! but my f@lze fl@g posts, as well as a post that simply said,
'STOP THE TZsA' were all deleted.

now i have been posting stories, and links on facebook since i joined up. LAST week i spent a long long time deleting every post i ever had. i am an artist, so i also post art links, sculpture links, toy links, etc. i deleted every single link or comment i made since i joined!

now i know facebook saves it all, but if the average joe goes to my page, they will only see news stories from the past week or so.

but deleting comments and links are so damn slow! trust me, its a major major pain.

has facebook ever deleted comments they disagree with?

i am a bit worried now! damn i do not want a dangerous f@lze fl@g. and for sure i do not want to be rounded up and sent to a stupid hallyburton built 'family camp.'

4 years ago someone hacked my gmail account AFTER i sent a ron paul video. and now this? it is damn spooky.

i took pics of my facebook page, after i reposted comments. so if they delete it again, i have proof.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

I have noticed that my comments seem to "disappear" from the post for a while. But eventually, they reappear. But it has never happened to me that my whole posts or comments have been "censored" in that manner. Do you use facebook mobile? A lot of my friends using fb mobile experience many glitches in that they can't find their comments/can't delete posts, etc...

It's not impossible that fb would do that. I'm sure they "monitor" but I doubt they "censor." But ya never know...I'd say my top guess is some sort of a glitch...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It is FACEBOOK.

Start a blog if you want your words to be kept, facebook can do anything they want, just like google..

Man, why do so many people think that the internet is their special playground where they can do what they want, and when the admin of certain areas say NO NO NO, it's a conspiracy?

Far out...

"Oh Noes, the facebooks removed my posts!!! HOW DAAARREEE THEYYY!!!"

crikey...

I bet you if you walked up to a public library that had a notice board and pinned the same whatever posts you had on facebook, to the noticeboard, someone would come along and take it down.

and are not public libraries the absolute extremity of public knowledge?

I'm going to go dive into a cold bath, 40c heat and this just boils my brain...

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
badwolf

the weird thing is i have been posting politikal comments for over 2 years now.
this is the first time they have deleted my posts.

i took pics to see if the comments stick around.

but the reason i know its deleted is, there should not be a BLANK next to my name.

i can understand my 'past' comments possibly being deleted, but the latest comment has always appeared next to my name since day 1.

they did not delete any comment before the last few days. they must not have liked my thoughts of a possible f@lse fl@g for the enforcement of those stupid x-r@y machines.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Facebook is nothing more then a data collector, and oh yeah, the ones who gave them their data make good use of it, they think.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Fair point man, but at the end of the day, you're not using a service designed for disseminating the sort of thing they want to see. They want "OMG did you see sarah at the party last week, omg, she was so wasted lol, look, heres a pic!!"

you cant really complain if they decide you're not their target audience.

it's facebook... not a personal site... they make it clear most of what you say is public and it reflects on them.

I remember when youtube was nothing more than a funny video site.. people started to use it for more serious things, and when those things were removed, people complained.. same thing..

god I wish youtube had kept it's sub standard standing in the world... the last thing we need now, is people linking to facebook pages of people with agendas and ideas that are overtly off the wall.. may aswell start using the funny pages next, and we're not far off that with people linking to vids of call of duty for planet x, or cartoons proving NWO agendas..

thinking, thought and validity... you dont get that on social networks guarded by the original concept of them being nothing more than a means to say "HI!" to your school mates...

edit on 19/11/2010 by badw0lf because: zuck controls you all

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

facebook deleting comments? does that happen to you?

No, because I'd rather gouge out my left eyeball with a rusty spoon than get a Facebook account.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Im about to post something similar so we'll see how it goes. If you dont mind it would be great if you could send me a U2U of your url to your facebook page so I could add you as a friend. I need some like minded friends on my Facebook, everyone thinks Im a loon ha

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

"facebook deleting comments? does that happen to you?"

Nope because it never occured to me to trust that site with my info in the first place.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I noticed a few weeks ago I posted 3 political things (one of which was on a status of guy working for the federal treasury department, doh! woops) The next thing I posted (about the negative effects of smartmeters) got deleted so I posted it again and It would reappear and disappear and it finally settled on disappearing. I was super paranoid thinking I was actually being censored but in retrospect it probably was just a glitch (perhaps caused by the smartmeter haha, joking..i think). But yesterday I posted something politically related to my local newspaper's online comment system (through facebook) and it got deleted.

Were your comments long? Or did you take a long time in the comment box to write them or just let them linger..
I think that may have an effect, that's what I'm settling on until I get better proof. Last week I had something random deleted but it was something I started posting and changed my mind and deleted it 3 times while I was writing it and finally came back 20 minutes later, posted it, and then it got deleted.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I don't use FB, and that's one reason why...censoring. So, I'd image they do delete 'unfavorable' posts. And you probably signed up for it, without even knowing.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
get a dispora invite. open source fb alternative...

Choice Diaspora lets you sort your connections into groups called aspects. Unique to Diaspora, aspects ensure that your photos, stories and jokes are shared only with the people you intend.
Ownership You own your pictures, and you shouldn’t have to give that up just to share them. You maintain ownership of everything you share on Diaspora, giving you full control over how it's distributed. Simplicity Diaspora makes sharing clean and easy – and this goes for privacy too.
Inherently private, Diaspora doesn’t make you wade through pages of settings and options just to keep your profile secure.

joindiaspora.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Just happened to my buddy. Tried twice to post something about Benghazi C1A C0ver up... or something. ?!

It was deleted by Facebook. Twice. Got a snapshot of an error screen, from a post I was quick enough to respond to. So, it's legit!
edit on 11/1/2012 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I LOVE facebook because it will be my jump off point to throw up my big red flag

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Nope but then again I NEVER post anything to facebook, last night I did post pics of the kids out trick or treating but other than that and a few funny pics I find I never post anything on FaceBook, so I wouldn't know!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
yea that happened to me when i said facebook was owned by the CI@ it want missing then i write a whole load on witch stayed there cause i shared it and got my misses to share it i havent see if its still there cause am going nowhere facebook due to the prez crap going on

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join