It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put up my christmas tree today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yes, yes, yes. I am one of those people who cant wait to rush in the holiday season.It just gives me a sense of joy. I love the smell of pine cones, and the feeling of good cheer.For me Christmas was never about the ever so commercialized shallow interpretation of a secular holiday.To me Christmas was about peace. Growing up, My family was very poor and many times I remember not having the luxury of even having a Christmas tree.One year My mother saved up all year just to buy one of those fake ones at sears, and when we went to go pick it up the store had run out of the one we wanted, so we ended up with a small white one.We all hated that tree.But we had enough money left over to make it look pretty.Now that Im a grown up, I remember that tree. What I wouldn't give to re live that Christmas.

:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Yay! Good for you!

I still have a skeleton in my yard.
Hopefully, I'll get around to taking it down this weekend. I'm such a procrastinator!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Oh man I've been thinking about it! Don't tempt me

I put some fairy lights up on this ornamental twig thing in my living room. But 1st of December my tree is going up as early as possible... Maybe on the 30th! I have to say I one of those people too, I love Christmas, the food is rockin and I plan to get really fat this year!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I gave my wife the go ahead 2 weeks ago...with everything going on in the world, the economy...why not bring a little early cheer!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Yes, its never too early to get in to the holiday spirit. Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukka, Blessed Yule and Happy Kwanzaa all.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Wow! Your pushing the envelope if it is a live tree. A word of advice if I may, Do Not Let It Dry Out
Even Once. The first week or two are critical. If it drys out even once, it will draw air. This microscopic
barrier of air hinders the tree from drawing more water later. I just wouldn't want you to have all the needles fall off and end up with a skeleton tree for Christmas. Well unless you want to have and indoor
campfire
If you want to do that, get 10 or 12 Christmas trees, fill the room, and set up a Sterno
with some hot dogs and beans in the middle.

But seriously, keep water in the reservoir at all times,,,,,,Holiday Cheers! I'm still in Turkey Mode.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Your Avatar comes from one of my all time favorite movies.

YYYyyyyeeeeeeeee HHHHhhhhhaaaaaaawwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you know that Peter Sellers was also supposed to play the part of Major T.J. "King" Kong? But didn't because he was injured filming one of the cockpit scenes.

Not glad Peter got hurt. But glad ol' Slim got to play the part.

edit on 18-11-2010 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Day after Thanksgiving, mine's a goin' up too.

YAY Christmas!!!

-TheAssoc.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I hate the commercialization of the holidays.

Detest it with all my soul.

Do not participate in it anymore,at all.

I spent most my adult life overseas,"taking care of business" for the government.

Observed a lot of extremely poor people celebrating the holidays in very humbling ways.

I am not a Scrooge in the least.

If I was to celebrate a certain persons birth it would not be in December it would be in September.

The Bible tells us exactly when He was born.

Six months after John the Baptist,who was born in March.

If erecting a dying pine tree makes you feel good........

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
If erecting a dying pine tree makes you feel good........

Hanging out with my family all Thanksgiving weekend while we help decorate each others' houses and stuff ourselves silly on leftovers?

Absolutely, that makes me feel good.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

I hate the commercialization of the holidays.

Detest it with all my soul.
I have to agree with you on that one hundred and one percent.Its a shame that industry has taking something as pure as Christmas and turned it and twisted it into a idealistic perversion.However, isnt it amazing how the true meaning of Christmas shines right through all the mumbo- jumbo BS. Enough so that even the most cold black heart of person seems to, in the least, appreciate and or acknowledge some degree of goodness? I just think it brings every one a little closer.

If I was to celebrate a certain persons birth it would not be in December it would be in September.

The Bible tells us exactly when He was born.

Six months after John the Baptist,who was born in March.
Does it really matter when( Jesus) if thats who you are referring to, was born. Honestly, no one knows the exact date Jesus was born. My personal opinion is that the Church did a wonderful thing by setting the date when they did. This date represents not only Christs birth but it is also the date the winter solstice occurs.(the Pagans celebrated this day every year as a "NEW BEGINNING") wonder exactly how many Pagans got duped by the RCC into Christianity on this day?

If erecting a dying pine tree makes you feel good

Its a fake tree.
edit on 19-11-2010 by oliveoil because: I left out a word or two

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
Day after Thanksgiving, mine's a goin' up too.

YAY Christmas!!!

-TheAssoc.

love christmas! enjoy chrismas!!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

"...and it was always said of BigFrigginAl , that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge."

"God bless us, every one!"

Me? Since we will spend Christmas in our travel trailer in the desert, our small artificial tree gets packed with all the Thanksgiving load and set up that weekend in the trailer, awaiting our return.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Meh your way behind the curve.

I've already finished with Christmas.

Happy Easter everyone!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5621620e8c63.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberspy

Cheers There Fellow ATS Badazz!

If that is one of your favorite movies, I'm adding you to my friends list....right,,,,,Now

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Hey there The Old Dude, you are absolutely right, no argument from me, but Hey you gotta admit any excuse
for celebrating is always in order.

Sorry for the folks overseas who are down and hurting, but that is because deep inside Every One of them,

there is an American trying to get out and Celebrate. You KNOW it is true. Most seek Peace, Prosperity,
a Better life for their Family and Children. To worship and Celebrate in the way that is most Proper for them.
Not much different than you and me at the soul level No? So put the shiny sparkly eyes on that tree.

By the way, I'm not doing so well myself these days, but I toil and try to create happiness where there is none.
I do not earn, ask or deserve your pity. As I am alive, and can help others.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours........Wildmanimal

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Dont you think you are pushing it just a little? Oh what the heck.Happy Easter too!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Yay! Good for you!

I still have a skeleton in my yard.
Hopefully, I'll get around to taking it down this weekend. I'm such a procrastinator!

Ok just for the record...

I TOOK DOWN THE SKELETON IN MY YARD TODAY!! Yay!! One step closer...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Easter? I got done with that yesterday!!

Hope you have a good St George's day!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/049cdd57d21a.gif[/atsimg]

Honestly at this rate I'm going to be up to New Years 2013 before you've even opened your presents!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I took mine out side today and gave it a shot of OD green (didnt want to paint it in the house) nothing says Christmas like Crylon. I might be able to get one more year out of this tree but the needles are as stiff as om om needles. Tomorrow I might just get on the roof to fix some lights I noticed some burnt out last year

top topics

join