It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA, does it have the right?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by retiredTxn

Yep, I've been patted down plenty of times and it hasn't ever bothered me in the slightest, why would it?

Wow I hope you're just being sarcastic !
Please tell me you're just being sarcastic.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Nope, I have no problem with being patted down, why would I have an issue with that?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Didn't you hear?

Once you purchase plane ticket and go to the airport, you gave up your rights.

That is why they can have nudez made of you and fondle you and your children.

*It is the new logic. All the morons and shills are employing it.

Haha.. when I heard that TSA officer say that my brain exploded on my monitor.

edit on 19-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Well because it's your body, it's your personal space.
Honestly I'm surprised the more modest, conservative religious groups aren't throwing fits over this.
You are being treated as a suspect. You should be upset, if you aren't it doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't be. You are the exception. I don't want to be touched by strangers. They have no reason, they have no right.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Nope, I have no problem with being patted down, why would I have an issue with that?

Oh I don't know....Illegal search and seizure ? Fourth Amendment? Living in a FREE society? Innocent until proven guilty? etc....
I can't believe you actually think that what the TSA is doing is ok ??? Why would you?
With all these new methods, TSA decoy agents are still getting through all checkpoints. So what does that tell you?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I have to ask.. why the obsessions with planes? Wouldn't it be likely the next attack will have nothing to do with planes? Then they will start taking away rights in other ways we haven't/can't imagine yet.

We have planes pretty locked down, we have know way of protecting against unknown causes. Wouldn't it make more sense to discover why they may want to attack us. Don't give me it's there religion bull#, their religion hasn't changed in the last 50 years, so why the attacks? What has changed? How come they aren't attacking every non muslim population ( i know they supposedly have attacked others, but still no one else is concerned like we are)?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Honestly I'm surprised the more modest, conservative religious groups aren't throwing fits over this.
You are being treated as a suspect. You should be upset, if you aren't it doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't be. You are the exception. I don't want to be touched by strangers. They have no reason, they have no right.

Okay, so what if I was a suspect and was carrying a bomb undetectable by the scanners and one which would only be noticed by a physical search?
edit on 19/11/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

It is sad to see so many people trying to rationalize away this abuse.

And the worst part is their constant, vocal and public rationalizations actually damage our rights and freedoms.

Whenever some news crew grabs on of the "I don't have anything to Hide, I don't mind folks" - it is one of these people. Their rationalization is used to give a false impression that people want this, when in fact it is only a very vocal minority who does. And then they are only so vocal because of a symptom of the trauma they are trying to deal with.

edit on 19-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Well, you would likely be a suspicious character (ie someone that has talked about taking bombs on planes on the internet lolz or linked to terrorist orginazations,), you could probably more easily have put it in luggage, there are metal detectors, if it couldn't be detected via metal detectors you wold probably opt for the naked scanner as it has been said that the underwear bombers bomb would have been invisible to the controversial scanner (triple lolz).

Also they probably wouldn't need to actually reach in your underwear to feel a bulky package (i know, i know) in your pants.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Is your reply with sarcastic humour an indication that I have a point and you don't have an answer for it?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Haha, you think he's wrong and you're right?

You are the odd man out, bro.

You support perverse behaviour and are a threat to all of our freedoms. Of course, you probably can't understand this but that doesn't matter anymore as you are merely a vocal minority with your strange views.

*You have no 'point' - there is just something wrong with your thinking is all.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Physical pat downs are now perverse behaviour?

Get a grip.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Physical pat downs are now perverse behaviour?

Get a grip.

Why are you pretending only pat downs are occurring?

That is dishonest behaviour.

Perhaps that is why no one treats you as if you have credibility, no?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Okay, so what if I was a suspect and was carrying a bomb undetectable by the scanners and one which would only be noticed by a physical search?
edit on 19/11/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

We have bomb sniffing dogs, we have bomb sniffing scanners, etc..
The price of FREEDOM is eternal vigilance. The reality is that we can either be:
FREE
or
SAFE
but we can't be both.
We can be perfectly safe by removing all our freedoms and rights. Anything less will not do anything.
I would rather be FREE personally. That's what this country is about....FREEDOM.
You can't take away our freedoms to protect our freedoms.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

So you admit that pat downs are not perverse behaviour?

If that's the case then where exactly does your problem lie?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Exactly, so compromise and stop complaining about something as petty as a physical pat down.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by jfj123

It is sad to see so many people trying to rationalize away this abuse.

And the worst part is their constant, vocal and public rationalizations actually damage our rights and freedoms.

Whenever some news crew grabs on of the "I don't have anything to Hide, I don't mind folks" - it is one of these people. Their rationalization is used to give a false impression that people want this, when in fact it is only a very vocal minority who does. And then they are only so vocal because of a symptom of the trauma they are trying to deal with.

edit on 19-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

Absolutely !
I can't believe ANYONE has this passive, pathetic attitude !?!?!?
I'm becoming ashamed to be an AMERICAN because of what's happening with the TSA and those passive, cowards attitudes

TSA has stated basically, we know you're mad but too bad...REALLY???
Our employee's are telling the owners....TO BAD???? The lunatics are running the asylum and it's time we remind them who's in charge of the ward. We need to contact our congressmen and women, our state senators, all of our EMPLOYEES and tell them that they need to make this madness stop or they will NOT be re-elected.
Also, airports have the legal right to OPT OUT of the TSA screening. We need to call them and tell them that we will no longer fly with them unless they comply with our requirements to have the TSA removed and our personal liberties restored.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Is your reply with sarcastic humour an indication that I have a point and you don't have an answer for it?

No.. it wasn't actually.
I made my case. They don't have to touch you like that to determine whether or not you have a bomb.
There are other avenues to explore. Also, what is there reason for this nonsense? Where is the real threat?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

It's not just a pat down. You need to go try this out for yourself. It's punishment for not going through scanners that rob your of your privacy and possibly endanger your health.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

You ever hid a bomb under your clothes?

Touch you like what exactly? A pat down over your clothing? Is that really that painful for you to endure?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join