It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It is nice to see a lengthy interview with Stewart and it appears he has a lot to say. Here he discusses the left right destructiveness, media sensationalism and some clarification on his intent for his rally last week. He is so serious and comes off as an intellectual a tad, but it is Stewart at his best, imo. The interview is mostly him condemning and analyzing the media but I thought, as a fan, and for information sake, I would bring it onboard.

Thank you MoxNews for providing these.
MoxNews

Peace,
spec

edit on 12-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
"BUMP," whoops, who put that there?!

Thoughts anyone, love em', hate em'?
Stewart for pres?
Stfu, Jon?

spec

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The people who believe in the laughable notion of Jon Stewart being far-left really need to watch these interviews. That's really all I have to say.
edit on 12-11-2010 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

I agree td, I would assign him more to the common sense side. "Corruption vs non-corruption" makes sense to me, and could still be sensationalized, if it must for ratings, but I think ratings would still be good because everyone would surely enjoy an examination of corporate and gov injustices.
I just don't think politics can ever exclude this left/right paradigm, but who knows.

Thanks for the reply,
spec

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I respect Jon Stewart more than I respect any public figure out there, outside of Ron Paul. I respect his decision to not put himself out there, to use his show to make a difference like he could easily do. He has the followers, he could start a revolution if he joined forces with people with his same beliefs and bring down the instution that plagues our once great nation.

Although I respect his decision, I find it very unfortunate. I for one am waiting for someone with his ideals and his passion to stand up and say enough is enough and do something about it. I would follow that person to the ends of the earth and back. To bring back the ideals that this nation once stood for is the one thing I am waiting for someone to bring forth.

We need a voice like Mr. Stewart out there. He could easily be a neo-founding father, along with Ron Paul, if he so chooses to focus his energies toward it. I know people will laugh that I say that, but that is only because they are so disillusioned that they cannot see that we are in need of people like him. It isn't their fault, but something does need to be done and by someone like Stewart.

My two cents.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

Couldn't agree more MA!
Thanks for the reply and your .02 goes a long way with me!
In this interview, I get an impression that he may want to do something more than just the Daily Show, which I know he enjoys as do we, but it almost seems like he would embrace an opportunity to be in another(additional) position of influence.
I have always wished for a debate show that included not only scholarly people, but throw some of the talking heads into the mix. I'd love to see Oreilly, Beck, Marr, Stewart, C.Matthews, Coulture and some others in a debate. Talk about ratings! I once emailed Sir R Branson about putting some of that money in a new debate show, but I never got a response...surprise! Asking money for something good from Branson, take a number and get in a long line I'm sure!

Peace,
spec

edit on 12-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This man is my hero! But I have a nightmare of him too joining the dark side.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Well, personally I didn't watch the videos but from the few episodes I have seen of Jon Stewart (And Steven Colbert) I was impressed by the refreshing change... sure, they present some topics in a more humorous manner than would normally appeal to me, but if they manage to get the world to take interest in, or atleast conscious of, some of the less MSM events, then that can only be a good thing. They cover similar topics we see here on ATS, and present it in an amusing, readily digestible format for the public.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

You honestly believe that if given power they would be much different then those who have had it? Obama was much like Jon Stewart in his campaign, look at what happens when he gets to finally lead...

Fact is all these people can campaign and make statements that are common sense (vote seeking), but in the end once they become President their hands are tied.

Everyone who thinks anyone who runs in politics is their saviour, is very disillusioned. EVERTIME someone with guts gets voted in, they get gutted.
Change the system, not the people in it.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Na whomever gets the hot set will do what is wanted.

Boris yeltsin was called a zombie in russia, and you people have never heard that. Supposedly they where using weapons on his all the time. You guys saw a drunk, but before he got into office he was different.

In the west we have never heard of this, we just saw the jokes poked at him while he had all these things to deal with.

Whomever gets into office you do what the ptb want period. Its your day in teh sun, and thats all you are.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys and I agree, no one get's in a political position and holds their own independent ideas. It is a big game with special interests and big money, not mention a shadow govmnt. So yea any hope for big change is null and void in my mind.
With Stewart, at least it is a voice in the madness, informative and entertaining, and his interviews with his guests are my favorite parts. He always treats guests with respect and had intelligent conversation often ending on a note of at least subtle compromise.
Common sense just doesn't get one very far in politics it seems, it's business as usual.

peace,
spec

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties
The people who believe in the laughable notion of Jon Stewart being far-left really need to watch these interviews. That's really all I have to say.
edit on 12-11-2010 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

thats the whole joke behind Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert.... they are representing the 2 extremes of our political parties as a parody,,,

neither of them are in reality anything like that in their personal beliefs on politics and our policies.

===
and Jon recently was asked by Oprah, if he would ever consider engaging in a political office and he responded without hesitation that he has no desire to weild that kind of power over people and that he's more comfortable just joking about it
edit on 18-11-2010 by kalisdad because: added...

top topics

join