It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My gf said it ugly, right?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Mean to give my gf a surprise. I bought this UGG Classic Argyle Boots for her secretly the other day. It is really a big surprise to me eventually. She said it is ugly and its not her style. She would never wear it. So hurt i was! Is it that ugly?? I cannot figure out it why she implied that. These things have happened for serveral times recently. Does that mean she doesn't really hate that boot but me?
edit on 11-11-2010 by Gemwolf because: Removed link to shopping site

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It's the thought that counts, not the gift.

By you even trying to surprise her with a gift show's that you care about her, but by her not acknowledging that simple fact, and in return to your efforts you get a negative response is not right.

In my opinion you can do better.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
No offense intended to you mate, but by the little you have said, she sounds like a bitch. Find someone more appreciative of your company and thought.
edit on 11-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I dunno, I have never dated a barbie doll.

Hot pink fabric looking knee boots.

Man you wanna get leather knee high boots for a real woman... and a short demin skirt...

Th.. no wait, that'd get every idiot like me drooling over her...

Umm, cant help man...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

It is the thought that counts

On the other hand to buy shoes or clothes for your a woman is not such a good idea because the woan have a special taste, so the shoes is not really a good idea, next time try something else.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by windyday2010
Mean to give my gf a surprise. I bought this UGG Classic Argyle Boots for her secretly the other day. It is really a big surprise to me eventually. She said it is ugly and its not her style. She would never wear it. So hurt i was! Is it that ugly?? I cannot figure out it why she implied that. These things have happened for serveral times recently. Does that mean she doesn't really hate that boot but me?

They are pretty ugly lol..

I mean common, pink? With old granny looking texture..

Don't ever do it again man.

Maybe you should pay more attention to her, that way you can find out what her style is. Or maybe you are a really manly guy and don't give a damn about style, in that sense don't buy her cloths lol..

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

I would have to agree with you on that.
Women have certain taste. As long as they respect you.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I totally agree on that one mutual respect is the most important and not giving shoes or clothes.

Where is the old fashion diner or flowers.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

Well I do recall I gave my ex my bunny hip hop sweater. Which I never got back. Lol.
Dinner and flowers are good. Poem!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Poem would be good if that person can write a poem, i'm one of them who is terrible in writing poems
rather choose a easier way

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasi

That is true. Poetry is a difficult art. I believe socializing at a meal would be great. One on one chat.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Is the best way just to talk and sit with a lovely dinner near the sea, a lot of beautiful places here
so enough choice for a good location.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by windyday2010

Clothes aren't the best way to go when getting a gift for your lady. It's better to give her a gift card and let her do the shopping 'cause there's just so many things that can go wrong when you do the clothes shopping.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Women.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Speaking from a woman's POV. Even if the boots weren't her style, can you say "spoiled rotten B.I.T.C." well you get the point?

She has absolutely no regard for your feelings. I highly doubt its you. She would probably treat any guy that way and as long as guys keep giving into her she'll never change.
Do not rush out and buy her something she wants. Trust me, that's what she is expecting and its a manipulation tool. Next time she asks specifically for something I would say, "Well you didn't have the common decency to even thank me for the last gift whether you liked it or not,so why should I." That should at least give her a much needed attitude adjustment. If she thinks she doesn't need to, well its time to move on.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Speaking from a [guy who has never been around girls] point of view, I disagree.

Girls like attention, you can't go out with a girl and not even know what she likes to wear. If you want to play the tap and gap game, or the F buddy game, then so be it, if you want a relationship, in any level, pay attention to your women.

Some girls simply take it to heart when the man they love don't know much about them.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I'm just curious as to whether you get paid by click-through for the ad-threads you post? Is it worth the effort?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You are right about the attention part and wanting a guy to know what you like.
Even if she was hurt that he didn't know his tastes, a woman who cared about her mans feelings would have
A)Lied said they didn't fit right.

B)Worn them anyways

C)Let him down easy for example. "It means a lot to me that you got these for me. I really appreciate it. (Because she should appreciate the gesture even if she is hurt that he didn't know what she likes) but they aren't really my style. Would it be ok with you if I exchanged them for a different style?"

and then with either option A.B or C gone out of her way to point out things she likes.

but she didn't do that. She didn't think about his feeling by her choice of words.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

I'm just curious as to whether you get paid by click-through for the ad-threads you post? Is it worth the effort?

Hmmm.... just checked out the profile, you may be on to something.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I recognized the pattern from another username that was doing the same thing a month or two ago. Same domain as in this thread and one of this user's other opening posts (dealstudio.com), same focus on two categories of goods: a) "I bought my girlfriend this item, what do you think?" and b) "What do you think of this gun?"

Same tendency to post one-liner responses in other random threads to pad out the profile.

Seems pretty suspicious to me

top topics

<<   2 >>

join