It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wonder....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If there are really aliens out there from a whole nother world.... do you think they have:
Sports
Famous People
Movies
Actors
Olympics
Fast food
Music
or such things?
It's hard to imagine a bunch of little gray boney things running around with a football or playing a violin.

cj6

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by demiroyale

Interesting thought but i doubt they would have fast food they would be too smart to consume blatantly unhealthy junk like we do.....i want a McRib

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
im sure extraterrestrials need some sort of entertainment its anyones guess as to what those things could be. i have always wondered about this exact question and the thought of an alien biting into a big mac is always enjoyable!
alot of species find entertainment in one way or another like my cat chasing moths around the house or animals at the zoo playing with various toy's in their cages. personally i would really wanna know what kind of music they listen to.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well our society is a whole different creature.. Personally I think any given ET society and the structure thereof would be completely off the wall comparatively to ours.

If we look at the social structures of other creatures on this planet you will see this in full manifest.

Ants
Bees
Termites
Whales and Dolphins

All examples of social diversity in the animal kingdom. In all actuality we even see social structures in our own species that we in the western culture consider "off the wall".

I think they would have similar figures in their social structure but I don't think it would be in line with the human understanding.
edit on 10-11-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by demiroyale
It's hard to imagine a bunch of little gray boney things running around with a football or playing a violin.

What makes you think they are all gray boney things?

This is the Thor family from Venus...

This is Howard Menger's (RIP) visitor from Venus

This is George Adamski's visitor from Venus

They look capable of the same activities as us

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yeah but they are all human.

I don't think anyone really considers life on Venus anymore.... Unless of course life in an incinerator is ideal...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Personally I think any given ET society and the structure thereof would be completely off the wall comparatively to ours.

Well look at Dolphins... the only other intelligent species on this planet...

They know how to laugh. Also in all human culture emotions are the same no matter the race.

Even my Ferrets.. (and any other pet) I can see when they are happy so I can see that certain features of life are common no matter what the species.

Humans value material items... well you should watch my female Ferret when she gets on the desk, knocks over the pen holder and picks the prettiest, shiniest pen and gleefully runs off with it to her stash. Try and take it and she gets really mad

So I would imagine any intelligent alien species would have similar emotions

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well that depends. Dolphins and Ferrets are both mammals. What of an insectoid or reptilian race? I would imagine social interaction and emotional response would be quite dissimilar.

Really we know of animals as Birds, Mammals, Reptiles, Amphibians, Fish, Insects, Arachnids etc.

Those zoological categorizations are quite limited as far as evolutionary possibility is concerned. Our classifications and available fauna might comprise .0001% of available zoological classifications in the galactic animal kingdom.

It's really impossible to say whether an Alien ecosystem would carry on similar lines of evolution or even if they are carbon based. We just don't have an example to make any sort of assumptions.
edit on 10-11-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Well that depends. Dolphins and Ferrets are both mammals.

True that...

It's really impossible to say whether an Alien ecosystem would carry on similar lines of evolution or even if they are carbon based. We just don't have an example to make any sort of assumptions.

Well that depends whether or not you believe the stories of contactees or not.

From a purely religious outlook, the gods of old are humanoid... and technically speaking all those gods. angels, etc are not of this Earth so true ET's
Gen 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

If you listen to those like George Adamski, Howard Menger and others the Venusians are very nice looking and so was Valiant Thor and his brother and sister who contacted the White House in the fifties. The movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (original) was supposedly based on a true story

The evidence I personally have from my contacts tell me they look like us, but the eyes are different, but can pass as one of us and have been seen wearing officers uniforms.

So from my perspective... I am inclined to believe they are more like us

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

What makes you think they are all gray boney things?

This is the Thor family from Venus...

This is Howard Menger's (RIP) visitor from Venus

This is George Adamski's visitor from Venus

They look capable of the same activities as us

That is so crazy there are no flaws with the Thor story! How much more is it believable now that aliens exist and have visited earth?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Valiant Thor is the person on the right.

The other two were members of his 4 person crew.

The male was named Donn,the female pictured was either Jill or Taniya,though I believe it was Jill.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think aliens are opposite of old fashioned. I would think their culture would be more dynamic, racey and daring. Much how we are so different from our ancestor's simple and perhaps obtuse ways... it only makes sense that an advanced race would be more cutting edge in all directions. I think that is why some take their demeanor as icey.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

If there are really aliens out there from a whole nother world.... do you think they have:
Sports
Famous People
Movies
Actors
Olympics
Fast food
Music
or such things?

I always wondered if they sat around making fun of "those mulit colored fleshy aliens from earth" or if they just laugh at us for being all fleshy and lumpy looking? Perhaps they have some of our missing persons in a freezer some place?

top topics

join