It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse 'The President' Ventura? Former governor says he could run -- and win -- in 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Too bad he couldn't get Opra or a bunch of rich Hollywood actors or some such group like that to finance him. Screw Bloomberge!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Jessie has stated in many interviews that when he won Governor of Minn, that the CIA visited him and tried to intimidate him. He said they told him, "You weren't supposed to win. Tell us how you did it." As in the election was fixed and he had some secret manner in winning other than just a good campaign and some respect from the voters.

If Jesse won President, all hell would break loose in TPTB! They would either kill him or be sent scrambling for the hills. He would immediately disclose anything that he could safely disclose. He would not be intimidated by the supposed "powers" in DC.

If he won, and if he survived, politics would never be the same!

That is a good enough reason for me to vote for him!! Anything that upsets the sorry azz status quo in DC!

If anyone has access to Alex Jones, send him this thread's URL for Jesse to take a look at. Hey anything's possible..?

He's the guy. Ventura for POTUS!!!! Hell yeah!
edit on 11-11-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
each day I wake up just to see that the only true prediction of our times was in the movie "Idiocracy"

and that's pretty sad

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I think you are the voice of reason in this thread. It never ceases to amaze me that when Ventura's name is brought up, how many people take him seriously.

If anyone wants to see what kind of man Ventura is, look up on YouTube his last appearance on the Opie and Anthony show. When he was challenged all he could do was try and act like a jock/bully, try and yell over everyone, demean them for not being in the military ("Thank you for your service to our country" repeated over and over instead of answering questions), and make pseudo-threats ("You have to sleep sometime. I am a Navy SEAL" instead of having a civil discourse), and eventually walk out of the show when he realized he couldn't out-debate three comedians. If he can't out-debate three comedians, how is he realistically going to do against seasoned politicians?

Here is a clip of the last four minutes before he walked out:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-11-2010 by Nikolam because: added YouTube URL

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I would not vote for Jesse Ventura
something about the way he over glorifies the truth...
if it even is the truth.

Your right about how he seems 'get loud' when faced with such situations
edit on 11-11-2010 by lacanau because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

As long as, if he runs, he has to dress up as Captain Freedom, and his campaign slogan has to be 'I'm a Goddamn Sexual Tyrannosaur' :-)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Why WHY are people saying he couldn't be elected?

He's real?

Heck that is why I'd vote for him. I'd campaign for him too.

I want to see him body slam Sarah Palin, after she debates Ron Paul.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Re: Financing

There are easily EASILY, 20 million people in the USA, who would chip in just 10 bucks to a Ventura run for POTUS in 2012. I'm sure of it. EASY.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Or would you rather see Sarah Palin.. um, or, ah, ah ...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NathanX
each day I wake up just to see that the only true prediction of our times was in the movie "Idiocracy"

and that's pretty sad

Oh well. "The more that suffering carves into our being, the more joy we can contain." (Gibran)

What, do they have to be Yale or Harvard Grads to a one - just where have THOSE guys gotten us?

More on Ventura

www.wordiq.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Gov. Jesse Ventura has what it takes to be the next President of these United States of America. The Demodn't and Republican'ts all want power so bad that they will do any thing to capture it. There needs to be true balance in Washington, D.C. A third party needs to rise up but not in the ways of the two we have now. Gov. Ventura said many of times on FoxNews that, "the third party would have to corrupt itself like the two headed monster we have now". I agree with him that is why we need more than rver true balance. He along with Herman Cain 750 am WSB in Atlanta, Georgia-USA can cleen up Capitol Hill.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
I wouldn't vote for him, he's a liar, he was never in the navy seals.. the navy seals did not exist at all until 8 years after he was already out of the underwater demolitions team. The demolitions team only did just what it's name says, they were absorbed by the seals 8 years later and seals now do the demolitions jobs as well as the many other things they do.

But Jesse calling himself a seal is a laugh. he's a retarded moron with delusions of grandeur

The navy seals began in 1962 seals origin and he was a member of the seals team 12 navy seals

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

The navy seals began in 1962 seals origin and he was a member of the seals team 12 navy seals

Sorry to burst the Jesse is a tough guy bubble. He was a frogman not a seal. He was a member of UDT 12 not Seal Team 1 or 2 which were active in Vietnam when Jesse was hunting for cold beer in the Philippines.

Now, he can call himself a seal without too much trouble because the froggies and real Seals combined operations in the early 80's and most people think they were the same. He was never a Seal and never had the Seal MOS.

This is one of his basic character flaws I mentioned a couple of pages ago.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Jesse has a bit of an ego problem just like are current commander in chief. We don't need another self important, ego maniacal, inexperienced, blow hard in 2012. Mr. Janos likes Mr. Janos and that just about sums him up.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I would vote for Jesse in a heartbeat. How can you go wrong? A Vietnam Vet, Wrestler, Governor and all around patriot citizen!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

since Jesse is associated with Alex Jones and his conspiracies, the countering politician will have no problem sweeping Jesse aside.

sad but true.

If I was Jesse, I would distance myself. I would vote for him, but being close to AJ is...

ehhhh

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

My father was UDT in Vietnam who spent more time patrolling rivers than anything else and I have an uncle who was a Seabee as well. Being I served as an FMF Corpsman in DS and remained so until retirement recently, I know quite a bit about the Navy SEALS yet I am sure there are some that know a lot more than I do about SEAL heritage. However, if you want to know about Marine Force Recon then I can probably tell you a lot since I was stationed with Marines for most of my military service.

What happened was that after Vietnam the SEAL classification was upgraded to combine three different ratings into one. Ontop of being a Navy SEAL, all members are now required to have a prior rating such as Corpsman, Gunners Mate, etc to fall back on in case they end up as a DOR during training schools. I forget what percentage graduates but its not very high and its usually the little guy who does better than the bigger and stronger guy from what I have seen.

I had a good friend from Corpschool, NavGlakes who was in a Navy SEAL training accident during one of his latter schools and was recycled back to Corpsman again. He's a damn nice guy and ended up working in a Naval Hospital for the remainder of his enlistment and ironically is a surgeon today in the civilian world.

Jesse isnt necessarily lying when he claims he was a Navy SEAL because Navy SEALS today carry on the UDT heritage. However, he technically wasn't a SEAL in Vietnam but in today's world he would be considered one if he served in a UDT capacity in modern theater. A lot of people dont even know what the hell UDT is but most people know what a Navy SEAL is so he uses this as a point for reference and not as deception. My father does the exact same thing and we all know in my family that my father wasn't a Navy SEAL. As I said, he spent most of his time along the rivers of Vietnam doing demolition than anything else.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

No offense or disrespect meant towards you, but the mere fact that you do not know that in the Navy we refer to what you call an MOS as a Rating shows your unfamiliarity with our branch. Almost every Navy guy was in the Philippines at one point or another during Vietnam. Subic Bay was huge. My father served two tours and out of those two tours he spent about 4 months at sea, a month in the Philippines and the rest of his time in Vietnam. I really hate how people pretend to know this information and then distort it for an argument.
edit on 11-11-2010 by helix1776dragon because: type o

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This is utterly ridiculous. If Jesse Ventura ran in his wrestling garb and beat up the other candidates, he would bring WAY TOO MUCH civility and decorum to the presidential race.

Ventura is too real for politics..... I would, however, like to see what would happen if someone tried to assassinate him. That would be almost comical.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Why would Ventura want support from a man who thinks he can control what people can and can not eat?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join