It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government officials caught on tape: "Extraterrestrials walk amoung us!"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
THEY LOOK LIKE US TO KNOW US. This story, by Anthony Bragalia, if real, is really huge. In this very interesting article on ufocon.blogspot.com... there is the presumed evidence that Aliens walk among us from centuries.

Over four decades ago a meeting of high-ranking military and intelligence officials, academic scholars and senior-level government scientists convened to analyze the nature of the mysterious UFO phenomena. This dynamic mix of professionals hailed from the Air Force, NASA and other esteemed organizations.

The statement of Col. Howard Wright Discussing ET's Infiltration of Society,
From NICAP Archive:

The main purpose of these people is to be as exactly like the natives as possible and yet the fact of life, the fact of military logic, the fact of cultural logic -and especially since they have not been hostile - dictates that there would be, if they are humanoid , that there can be humanoids picked out since the range of size and shape and color on this planet covers almost the entire spectrum.

“It almost dictates the fact that there would be agents of the space people, wherever they come from, living among us at the present time and having been here over the last hundred years."

Audio file Recorded on tape! www.nicap.org/audio/McCoy.mp3

THE INCREDIBLE IMPLICATION:
Wright's comments are very insightful and make complete sense. What is equally telling is that Wright is one of two retired Air Force Colonels at this invite-only function. The other is Air Force Chief Col. Howard McCoy, a professional colleague and friend of Col.Howard Wright's. Howard McCoy was in fact a very senior-level officer in our nation's military after WWII. He was the Chief of Intelligence for the United States Air Force Air Materiel Command. He was close to the Secretary of the Air Force Stuart Symington and with General Curtis LeMay. McCoy was also instrumental in initiating the 1948 official government UFO study "Project Sign."

We already have made CONTACT?

edit on 5-11-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2010 by Arken because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2010 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hmm I clicked on the linky and it brought me to the page but there was this little ol' message on it:

Sorry, the page you were looking for in the blog The UFO Iconoclast(s) does not exist.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
no offense to the OP
but this makes just about as much sense
to me as that JFK conspiracy transcript
I read last week.

and it's from a blog
hmmmmm

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
No credibility ? :/

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminotreal

The link does work after a fashion.
When you get the message this blog does not exist,click on the blue writing and scroll down the page.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I read this yesterday on another site and found it to be long on speculation and short on any actual evidence , with the released audio clip the high ranking officer speculating IF they exist and If they look like us then they would do as we did with the Germans , I.E secretly put people on the ground .
Its an interesting story but where are the alleged other recordings , maybe there would be something more solid there , but as it stands all we have is supposition based on the people they attended the reception to honer Olavo Fontes, MD .
ufocon.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Link works for me.

When he says 'and especially since they have not been hostile' and 'It almost dictates the fact that there would be agents of the space people, wherever they come from' it doesn't sound like he's hypothesising to me.

Nowhere does he say 'if they exist'.

He doesn't know where they come from but from what he says their actual existence doesn't seem to be in question.

His words suggest to me that he believes their existence to be a fact.
edit on 5/11/2010 by MarrsAttax because: grammar

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Star and flag to the OP!! Sensational find!!

The audio cip sounds authentic. Clearly recorded on audio equipment of the time. His vocal accent and speaking style is very much of its time i.e. 1950's? I'm assuming it is from then, perhaps early 60s. As he talks about Japan and the Russians. At first I thought I was just listening to some intelligence information regarding spies relating to WWII and the Cold War, but that last bit blew me away!!!

I'm not sure at the end though whether he says 'for the last hundred years' or 'the last few years'... I'm inclined to go with the latter!!

Oh, and this might add some more credence to the funny looking chick in the Charlie Chaplin video talking into a mobile device. Think about it...
edit on 5-11-2010 by the.lights because: had another thought...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
He specifically says "if they are humanoid."

That would tell me there's no contact implied, since surely if there was contact "we" would know whether or not they were humanoid.

This statement is just speculation. I read it as "if there is an ET race involved in this UFO mystery, and since they haven't proven themselves hostile up to this point, and if they are humanoid in form, then they may well be walking amongst us right now."

It's not an illogical conclusion, but I didn't take from those quotes that he was trying to say this was in fact a verified occurrence. It was just a military officer thinking through all possible scenarios as a means of fully developing the subject they were discussing.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's all going to hinge on how people interpret the words.."If they are humanoid"

Now, you can look at this in a couple of ways.

1. It is pure speculation and they are talking in general.

2. They are admitting the UFO thing is real and extrapolating from that that, If they are humanoid then the chances are they already walk amongst us.

We don;t have enough details to know the context of the statement so people will make of it what they will nad let their own prejudices guide them. So for me, tantalising but not proof,

Oh and it's few not hundred to my ears.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croda
He specifically says "if they are humanoid."

That would tell me there's no contact implied, since surely if there was contact "we" would know whether or not they were humanoid.

Incorrect. The military officer is merely expressing that he does not know whether the aliens are humanoid. Contact could have been made with the aliens disguised as humans. But this would not necessarily tell the contactees whether the aliens themselves were humanoid.

This statement is just speculation. I read it as "if there is an ET race involved in this UFO mystery,

That's wrong. The officer states: "The main purpose of these people is to be as exactly like the natives as possible." He is asserting therefore that he believes the aliens exist and are disguising themselves on Earth.

It's not an illogical conclusion, but I didn't take from those quotes that he was trying to say this was in fact a verified occurrence. It was just a military officer thinking through all possible scenarios as a means of fully developing the subject they were discussing.

No. The officer CLEARLY believes the aliens are here, which implies that, presumably, he had evidence for his belief. He is not being merely hypothetical, as you wrongly assert.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

(Let me preface by saying that I can't get to the audio file here at work, so I'm basing my interpretation solely off of the content of the OP. If that has me missing something important, then I apologize now)

You are correct, he does say "The main purpose of these people is to be as exactly like the natives as possible."

However taken in the context of everything else he says, I don't see how the surety of that statement fits.

If we take that comment as a statement of fact, then we have a senior military officer involved in a very high-level discussion about the UFO mystery who has specific knowledge of the intentions of an extra terrestrial species (that intention being to blend in with "the natives"), but at the same time he doesn't know what they look like, where they are, where they come from, or if their ultimate intentions are friendly or hostile.

I have a tough time reconciling him having specific knowledge in one facet with having no knowledge in the other areas. Certainly if there was contact and an acknowledge existence of this species, then we would have some other detail other than that they want to blend in. As such, I think that further speculation and contriving events (like "Contact could have been made with the aliens disguised as humans" for example) is premature.

He also says that logic dictates (or more correctly "almost dictates" - which implies it is not an absolute certainty) "that there would be agents of the space people...living among us at the present time." I still read that as a lack of certainty that goes back to his original statements on the topic.

Again, sorry if I've missed anything in the recording that isn't in the OP and is specifically material to the argument.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This truly makes you wonder who is human and who isn't. Could any of my best friends or family members be an alien in diguise? What about anyone on here? If it is true, then what are you waiting for? Speak up now and help us humans out. I mean if the world is going to come to an end soon, let me know ahead of time. I'd rather see it coming and face it then be blind sided by it. Does any one else agree with me?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've pointed this out before....

Giles Radice British politician

Exeter from This Island earth

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

You know darn well that you are just trolling when you post ignorant crap like this. I can't imagine for the life of me that you are ignorant enough to honestly make such an absurd connection.

Concerning the thread topic:

Regarding the op, I breezed through the information presented, and failed to find a verifiable quote where a government official actually says there are, in fact, aliens among us. I did find where one said they imagine this could be the case based on what they think they know, but nothing conclusive.

Yet another example of an op that posts a fantastical thread in an effort to bolster his/her beliefs or desire for attention, and who has not even read, digested or fully understood within context their own source material they are presenting.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The statement as presented sounds entirely speculative to me. The rest of the document is also highly speculative. I have an issue with folks who claim military officers like colonels are VERY highly placed. You see this kind of statement not just here, but other places as well. For example, this is said of Lt. Colonel Corso and, indeed, he said it himself.

Having been around the military and military people my entire life I think I can safely tell you that your average colonel, though usually a trusted senior manager, is not VERY highly placed. In many respects it is a matter of perspective. To a private or a corporal a colonel may appear VERY high up, but in the officer corps itself it is EXPECTED that the average officer will make full colonel (O-6) before he retires. That's an average career. If he doesn't, something averse happened.

LIEUTENANT Colonel Corso didn't make it. You have to wonder why. Of course, there are many reasons involving politics, etc., but the fact is that Corso's career was not as highly regarded as he would have liked us to believe. He worked in support roles out of his designated MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) and had only one brief command position in his entire career. Although it is not at all "fair," his appearance, mannerisms, and small stature may have had something to do with it.

You've "made flag" in the officer corps (a Naval term for admiral) if you reach the General staff, i.e.: O7 and above. And even here you have a herirarchy. I know one O8, a Rear Admiral, Upper half (two stars like a Major General) who felt "out of the loop" and stymied because it looked like he was never going to make Vice Admiral.

I think all these guys should be thanked for their service and if they make colonel before they retire I'm happy for them. If they make flag I think they can justifiably be proud of having beaten the odds and done so. But every time I hear someone claim a colonel is VERY highly placed I roll my eyes because it is obvious they don't really understand the military heirarchy.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's something I've enjoyed private speculation about for some time. Rather than McCoy's references to 5th Columnists and agent provocateurs from the 20th Century wars, I think Ghengis Khan's best general, Subutai is a better comparison...

Subutai would spend up to two years learning everything about his targets by infiltration, spying and spreading rumours (disinfo) to unsettle opposition. Even earlier than Subutai, the Chinese warlord Sun Tzu wrote 'The Art of War' and described all war as 'deception.' The use of infiltration by spies was also seen as strategically important...

7. Hence the use of spies, of whom there are five classes: (1) Local spies; (2) inward spies; (3) converted spies;(4) doomed spies; (5) surviving spies.

8. When these five kinds of spy are all at work, none can discover the secret system. This is called "divine manipulation of the threads." It is the sovereign's most precious faculty.
The Art of War by Sun Tzu

Before anyone gets carried away and calls BS, I'm not suggesting this is the case...just pointing out an interesting possibility through speculation. If people are going to accept a version of the ETH (from 'elsewhere') and accept the evidence that the UFO phenomena is centuries old....perhaps 'they walk among us' is a reasonable extension of the ideas? Taken to the extreme, such agents could occupy positions throughout society.

If the premise is accepted as a 'thought experiment' it would help to explain the impasse we are at when it comes to making sense of the subject. Missing evidence, mysterious people seizing evidence and the inability to find conclusions. Point/counterpoint etc.

Naturally, the 'conquest' theme is suggested due to the sources of the speculation...war generals. It's equally plausible (accepting the premise) that infiltration has a variety of alternative agendas. These could be scientific or cultural research. Perhaps tourism? Any number of reasons in theory. Let's imagine New York and the reasons why people visit the place? Commerce, espionage, tourism, politics, education...visiting family? Not all visitors are from the same place either, they speak many languages and come from different cultural backgrounds.

There's no real evidence to support the speculation and McCoy appears to have been basing his claims on a personal hypothesis. He could have been transmitting disinfo or seriously considering the possibility. We'll probably never know. Whatever his real opinion on the matter was, it's a good springboard for a leap into a sea of possibilities.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

1) The thread title is taken directly from the source so shouldn't be taken as the belief of the OP

2) The OP is not definitive in claiming this is true. He says 'This story,... if real...'

3) You criticize the OP saying ' has not even read, digested or fully understood within context their own source material' yet you admit you yourself 'breezed through the information presented'

What I took from this information is that, from the language used, the Colonel in question clearly believed that 'space people' were behind the UFO phenomenon.

What was the quote that you thought 'said they imagine this could be the case based on what they think they know'?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Good post.

Your right that the Colonel's ideas of a fifth column are a reasonable extension of the ETH, whatever their motives might be.

It certainly makes me consider Men In Black reports in a new light.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

So anybody born with a bulbous forehead are Aliens?
So Egon from the Ghost Busters is an Alien

Seriously, I'm not saying I believe it but it makes sense if they did do it this way. I mean recon is a classic text book maneuver whether it is meant in a preemptive offensive or simply a friendly fact finding exploration. Live among the populous getting to know them. Makes sense to me. However, I doubt that a race that is so advanced that it can traverse the vast distances of space with ease would go around with bulbous heads.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join