It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Gaza leaders given submachine guns for protection against Hamas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

UN Gaza leaders given submachine guns for protection against Hamas

www.haaretz.com

The defense establishment has taken the unusual step of granting the United Nations Relief and Works Agency approval to take four weapons into Gaza. The weapons, submachine guns, are to serve the security detail guarding the heads of the agency in Gaza. The request to bring in the weapons was made three years ago and approved last week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Really? SMG's? Why not just give them RPGs? I think it's overkill, but it might be necessary for the purpose of intimidation. I agree that the UN does need to be able to properly defend itself, so honestly I don't have a problem with this.. it just seems unnecessary.

Gotta love the picture at the bottom of the article though. Wonder what they're saying? To me it looks like somebody just said "Hey you guys, who wants pizza?"

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RapturedNotBeamed

Are they gonna get anti-Zionist umbrellas also to protect them from Zionist terrorist bombs.

I mean not long ago UN buildings were bombed, not to mention UN safety zones where civilians were suppose to take refuge from the war.

Legitimate question

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
I mean not long ago UN buildings were bombed,

It certainly was, by the Taliban
news.rediff.com...

"The Taliban on Tuesday claimed responsibility for the deadly October 5 suicide bombing of the UN Food Agency's office in Islamabad which left five people dead and another six wounded"

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I've no opinion on it either way because I don't know enough about it, but isn't it true that the Taliban often takes responsibility for things they haven't done? In the interest of making themselves appear more powerful than they are, that is. In which case, I would take any claim of theirs with a good dose of scrutiny and research before forming an opinion. Again, I don't know the specifics of that incident but just sayin'..

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
As usual, seeing only one side of the situation Oozy. Like Hamas never bombs anything:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Both sides are to blame.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by oozyism
I mean not long ago UN buildings were bombed,

It certainly was, by the Taliban
news.rediff.com...

"The Taliban on Tuesday claimed responsibility for the deadly October 5 suicide bombing of the UN Food Agency's office in Islamabad which left five people dead and another six wounded"

When Israel invaded Lebanon, they bombed a UN outpost which was manned by Canadian peace keepers. The Israelis new exactly what the target was.

Or how about the Red Cross hospital that was bombed with white phosphorus and burn for three days in Gaza.

new topics

top topics

join