It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Green Movement Got Wrong: Channel 4.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Just wondering what people think about this documentary that is airing right now, tonight? I am not sure if it has already been discussed? But you can find a link to what it is about here.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"Does the environmental movement still speak for the environment? Or are the greens in danger of being left behind, trapped in their own ideological fortress, as the world outside changes rapidly? These are the questions asked by a provocative new Channel 4 documentary,"

I need to watch this before I can make judgement, however even if nuclear power was a good thing, and not many people died from Chernobyl, I still have my doubts as to whether this documentary will change my mind and agree on the many topics covered.

My opinion right now is that no matter who says nuclear power is clean and good for humanity, I still believe deep down in my heart that it is the wrong way to go. Infact i think i might go to say, i believe that I will disagree with most of this documentary! But i still need to watch it before i make to many judgements.

Has anyone seen it? or watching it right now? What do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by misuneko

however even if nuclear power was a good thing, and not many people died from Chernobyl...

Quote from article:

That is what the science says, yet many green groups continue to spread myths about tens of thousands of people dying because of Chernobyl when the actual death toll so far – according to a major UN report published in 2006 – has likely been only around 65.

Besides that, if I remember correctly, there were already problems with the reactor such as not meeting safety standards and such. Regardless, they're a lot different and safer now.

I don't think this documentary airs outside the UK though, so

Anyways, the "green" movement has, in my opinion, been somewhat hijacked by the rather intense tree hugger types that are against everything resembling technology, when in reality, they are informed very little about any of the relevant information. I think there should be a clear line between legitimate concern and extremist hippies that hate everything. At least they've got the can-do spirit

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Make no mistake. Global warming alarmists and environmental radicals have been lying about climate change for decades, as I will demonstrate in a moment. We’ll touch on the history of this farce, the shifting sand upon which the “science” has been built, who pushed it, who stands to profit from it, and how the “cap-and-trade” legislation that Congress is considering will hammer every middle-class family with a tsunami of new taxes. Speaking about those new taxes, if cap-and-trade were to become law, here’s how the Heritage Foundation quantifies the financial impact: “Six hundred hurricanes couldn’t cause this much economic damage” to our country.7

new topics

join