It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth Or Die

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hi.
I've been a member here for a while, lurker for even longer.

There are some good threads here. With some useful directed information on a variety of topics.

That said...

I've really witnessed the end come and go, quite a few times. haha.

What I've really seen around here is EVERYONE denying ignorance. Yet threads spiral out of control, into flame wars over "truths" and whose truth is more truth.

Everyone stays adamant to their version of it. Where is the truth? How is found? Is wikipedia really the answer? Is youtube? The internet harbors the worst and best of society. But where is the truth? How can you tell?

It is so convoluted with information that may or may not be right. Someone gullible will believe anything, if it says it on the internet. It seems that maybe this is what "THEY" want. "Divide and conquer". Anyone remember THAT? You can't organize confused people. Who is "THEY", anyways?

Recently, I've seen a thread get torn apart over the minute details of a photo and a scan. Come on. If I upload a picture from a scanner, I probably used my paint shop pro to re size, and re save in a different format. Does that make something untrue? The confusion isn't being debated down to "IS" or "IS NOT". People are turning "maybe's" and "maybe not's" into those absolutes.

And now everyone uses their rushed "googled" education to understand something they truly could not.

I can't believe anything. What I do believe, is that while sitting here trying to figure it out, cuts down on my time to do what humans do best. React and adapt.

Don't let them take that away, too.

What say you?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

TRUTH is in the Eye of the Beholder . I could Not make it any Simpler than that . We all live in our Own Personal Reality , and what our Senses Preceive around us Dictate our Beliefs . Differences of Opinions are to be exspected under those conditions , yes ?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Agreed. But here, on this site, people are swayed and poured back into reality with no real hope.
The beholders now feel empowered after being so convoluted with ... "truth" and their "G.E.D." (Google Educated Diploma) haha.

It is becoming as much a weapon as tool.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Demoncreeper because: Spelling.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Weak Wills Breed Weak Minds . Resistance is Not Futile ...............

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Yeah, I hear you. Anyone using this site for anything other than speculative entertainment would, I hope, dig much deeper than the Goog or the 'Tube or ATS itself.

To elaborate my views on your own disclaimer in regards to "good threads" it would also be remiss to discount the internet as a source of readily available information not commonly found in the home or even alot of public libraries, and as such, an excellent option for pointing folk to data & opinions other than the posters own assertion.

Have I learned any truths here? Can't say that I have in particular, although wading through alot of admittedly useless (to me) posts & replies, I do manage to come across counter-opinions that expand my thinking on various subjects. I often wish for an "X" button on replies so I could view only the replies that I feel further the topic of interest ha.

It's a mixed bag of hard-heads here, me included, but a nugget acquired here or there while perusing some alternative entertainment is probably the most we can expect. S&F.

edit on 2-11-2010 by The GUT because: clarity hopefully :~)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Yeah, I should be more kind to the internet. It has helped out in a lot of instances. But that is at the responsibility of the reader.

Your message is clear. And I agree with everything you said. Too bad the internet couldn't figure out who is taking what serious or not and filter accordingly. haha. I speak from watching the anger in the threads, and losing a good friend to his own insane troubled mind.

T'is a powerful tool we wield. With great anonymity, comes greater irresponsibility. Buyer beware? haha.

new topics

top topics

join